August 30, 2014 | 1208 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by katieqr0918

i am trying a couple of the Skindiniva sprays to see which is the best. I have oily/combo skin... this does help my makeup last longer but it does not dry matte on me nor does it ever look matte on me.... it has kind of a shiny look... BUT it does help my make up stay on all day....

I have found the best thing for me is to apply all my makeup except finishing powder... spray, let it dry and then apply finishing powder on top of the dried spray. It seems to work the best for me that way and has more of a matte look.

i am going to try the Dance and the Bride version of this to see if it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missbrittanyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING PRODUCT! I purchased this just before I went on a trip to Vegas this August. I have extremely oily/sensitive skin, and when I sprayed this on in the morning my makeup didn't budge until about 4am the next morning! Normally I wouldn't wear my makeup that long- but... what happens in Vegas...

I swear its like a miracle product. I will buy this over and over. I cant believe it took me this long to find this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it because of all the great reviews, so I thought it would work for me too. Boy, how I was wrong.

I have used this brand of sprays along with Urban Decay's all nighter spray and they never seem to work for me. I used the recommended amount of sprays and the correct formation, yet it always look like there was a layer of shiny plastic on my face, which would make sense since I'm sure this is just a bottle of different types of silicone.

This did not control oil or shine at all. If you want some kind of glow, I'd use this, but expect it to be greasy as the day goes on. It seemed to make it worse. Worst of all, I broke out horribly after only trying to two times!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Kinda pricey, but after giving this a test run for the past three weeks, and I can say that its worth every penny!! I have very oily skin and am always looking for a way to keep my face from looking like a grease ball. This stuff is the truth. No touch ups, no shine just a fresh looking face all day long. This has been promoted to my staple products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by dmari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG oil control product. I have really oily skin, which is exacerbated when I wear makeup, so finding Skindinavia has made me *so happy*! I still can't believe it really does what it says! I rarely spray it on before applying makeup, since I use Clinique's "pore minimizer instant perfector" primer, but just spraying No More Shine on after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup is enough to keep my makeup on all day and only allows minimal oil production and shine. Prior to using it, I had to blot every few hours, and was constantly worrying about my face. By the end of the day, much of my foundation had come off or just otherwise looked blotchy, even if I used mattifying powder instead of blotting with a paper. Now with Skindinavia, I only have to blot maybe once a day, and my makeup is 90% still on after work and even after an evening out.

I am so, so in love with this stuff. I can't believe how well it truly works; this is what I've been looking for and wanting from all those foundations I've tried, the primers that don't quite work well enough, and all the blotting paraphenalia I've had to keep in my purse. It is seriously worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: This caused me to break out and I really don't think it controls shine all that well. I ended up switching my makeup all together.....a different oil-contol moisturizer by Alba, Benefit's Pore Corrector, Sonia Kashuk's concealer palette, NARS bronzer. I then dab a touch of Kashuk's 02 matte powder and I am not NEARLY as shiny as I used to be and my skin has cleared up as well.

Ok, I was REALLY hesitant spraying something on my face after I put my makeup on, but I am pleasantly surprised. As far as finishing your makeup and holding it in place all day, this truly does what it says. I am really amazed. Why the one lippie off? Well not sure that it controls shine all that well, but that could also be the nature of my makeup. I wear Bobbi Brown's TM and concealer, which naturally gives me a "glow". Usually when I first apply my TM, it gives a slight glow so I thought this would really help with break through shine, but I am not 100% convinced that it really helps with shine as about mid-day I see a lot of break through shine. Perhaps before I spray I should apply my MAC prep and prime and then spray to hold everything in place. That may help, but I was trying to avoid that step and not put more stuff on my face.
As with all products, I am terrified of it causing breakouts. So far, I have not noticed anything that would cause me to breakout more than I have been lately.
I will update as I use this product longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Lucky_Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff does exactly what it claims. I spray on prior to applying makeup and let dry, then once again once I am done. I have noticed a difference and am not nearly as oily as I had been. A little expensive, but I have spent so much money trying to find what this one product does that it is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by megha8359

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very oily in my t zone, and because of this im constantly blotting throughout the day and/or feeling self conscious because i dont want to look like a grease pan. I'm an avid user of MAC's skin refined zone treatment as it covers my big pores and helps with oil, but it just isn't enough in the long run. I bought skindinavia when a beauty guru on youtube talked about it being good, and when i heard that celebrity makeup artists use this on their customers before big events i was sold! the product doesn't look enticing necessarily- it almost looks like a kiddy spray bottle, but don't let that fool you! on the bottle the instructions say to spray it on just before foundation, and then after all your makeup is on, including eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc. when i used it for the first time, i sprayed it too close to my face so the product took a long time to dry which was annoying, but that was my mistake. you must spray from 6-8 inches away both times you use the bottle (before and after makeup) and your oil is controlled! this finish gives you a light sheen to make you look like you are glowing, without looking oily, and it stays that way for at least 5-6 hours. yes, i still blot a little, but i no longer am constantly ducking into bathrooms to check my reflection in the mirror. i dont really like the bottle sprayer because it sometimes deposits too much on my face which is hard to work with, but i would purchase this product again and again. also, the price isnt cheap at ALL but this product packs a punch. lastly, remember to moisturize and put on all face products such as mattifiers, etc before putting on the skindinavia- it doesnt make a HUGE difference, but this works better than just spraying the can before putting on a mattifier, and helps conceal oil better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by kaishodge

I bought Model in a Bottle and I didn't get results that I was crazy about. The results only lasted about 2 hrs and that didnt cut it for me. I have super oily skin so I needed something with more power.

I bought Skindinavia No More Shine at drugstore.com for $29.99 as an alternative to Model in a Bottle. I have to say that Skindinavia No More Shine does deliver on its promise. This stuff works wonderfully.

The consistency of the formula itself is superior to Model in a Bottle because it lacks that alcohol base and is clear and fresh. I apply my makeup and spray it about 4 times then I am off for the day.

I timed my results and I have to say that my face does still get oily but after about 5-6 hrs which is most of the average work day anyway. And to be fair my skin is really super oily so I just blot when needed and my face keeps that "just applied" freshness.

Despite the 6 hr oil break through the makeup itself stays in place, no running, slipping, sliding or smearing. Unbelievable! I love this stuff and will only use my Model in a Bottle for a quick nite out or to tide me over when I run out of Skininavia.

It's expensive and I wish they had something stronger for insanely oily skin like mine but this is the best its going to get for me and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I can't see much of a difference from the original formula - I don't see any less shine with this, and I still have to blot throughout the day. It smells a little better than the original IMO though, and the bottle is bigger, so that's a plus.