December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by miszjackie

I had high hopes for this product. Ive been on the hunt for a finishing spray that will keep my mineral makeup in place and prevent oil from smearing my eyeliner. Before using this, I found a finishing powder to control oil, Mac's prep & prime finishing powder and it did wonders keeping my makeup in check. Then, i added this spray to my routine. I noticed that my face actually looked even more oiler at the end of the day as opposed to only finishing off with my MAC prep & prime. very disappointed :( I bought the 2oz bottle for about $20 and I guess i'll use it up till its gone. Im going to give the "Dance" version a shot because it has a higher rating than this one. *sigh

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

This product does hold my makeup for quite a while, but not all day. It does okay for oil control, but doesn't prevent completely. The mist is nice and refreshing. I did notice that it worked beautifully the first time I used it, but not as great since.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in hopes that it would actually control my oily face somewhat. Unfortunately, it failed in that department; it didn't make a difference in maintaining my shine whatsoever. However, it is an excellent makeup sealer, so if you're looking for a quality makeup sealer, definitely give Skindinavia a try. It's a little on the pricier side, but it definitely will keep your makeup in place, even in hot weather. I do not plan on repurchasing though, as my main reason to buy it was for the oil-control properties they claimed it has.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

This stuff is heaven sent. I've tried countless primers and lotions for oily skin but never have they seemed to work. I tried the smashbox primer that would make me matte for 30 minutes tops but this product lasts all day. It doesn't have a completely matte finish, a little bit of natural/healthy shine exists. Satin finish I would say. I don't wear foundation or blush, I just spray it on for the oiliness and it lasts for all day with an exception of probably blotting just once. I've never been so impressed with a product and I would definitely keep repurchasing. I have oily oily oily skin that oils up in about 20 minutes after makeup or facewash and I seriously have to blot 4-5 times a day. With this spray I don't even have to worry about my oily bangs anymore. The oil on my forehead used to get on my bangs causing it to oil up in. A matter of 4 hours but now it keeps fresh all day. HG for forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by katieqr0918

i am trying a couple of the Skindiniva sprays to see which is the best. I have oily/combo skin... this does help my makeup last longer but it does not dry matte on me nor does it ever look matte on me.... it has kind of a shiny look... BUT it does help my make up stay on all day....

I have found the best thing for me is to apply all my makeup except finishing powder... spray, let it dry and then apply finishing powder on top of the dried spray. It seems to work the best for me that way and has more of a matte look.

i am going to try the Dance and the Bride version of this to see if it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missbrittanyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING PRODUCT! I purchased this just before I went on a trip to Vegas this August. I have extremely oily/sensitive skin, and when I sprayed this on in the morning my makeup didn't budge until about 4am the next morning! Normally I wouldn't wear my makeup that long- but... what happens in Vegas...

I swear its like a miracle product. I will buy this over and over. I cant believe it took me this long to find this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it because of all the great reviews, so I thought it would work for me too. Boy, how I was wrong.

I have used this brand of sprays along with Urban Decay's all nighter spray and they never seem to work for me. I used the recommended amount of sprays and the correct formation, yet it always look like there was a layer of shiny plastic on my face, which would make sense since I'm sure this is just a bottle of different types of silicone.

This did not control oil or shine at all. If you want some kind of glow, I'd use this, but expect it to be greasy as the day goes on. It seemed to make it worse. Worst of all, I broke out horribly after only trying to two times!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Kinda pricey, but after giving this a test run for the past three weeks, and I can say that its worth every penny!! I have very oily skin and am always looking for a way to keep my face from looking like a grease ball. This stuff is the truth. No touch ups, no shine just a fresh looking face all day long. This has been promoted to my staple products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by dmari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG oil control product. I have really oily skin, which is exacerbated when I wear makeup, so finding Skindinavia has made me *so happy*! I still can't believe it really does what it says! I rarely spray it on before applying makeup, since I use Clinique's "pore minimizer instant perfector" primer, but just spraying No More Shine on after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup is enough to keep my makeup on all day and only allows minimal oil production and shine. Prior to using it, I had to blot every few hours, and was constantly worrying about my face. By the end of the day, much of my foundation had come off or just otherwise looked blotchy, even if I used mattifying powder instead of blotting with a paper. Now with Skindinavia, I only have to blot maybe once a day, and my makeup is 90% still on after work and even after an evening out.

I am so, so in love with this stuff. I can't believe how well it truly works; this is what I've been looking for and wanting from all those foundations I've tried, the primers that don't quite work well enough, and all the blotting paraphenalia I've had to keep in my purse. It is seriously worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: This caused me to break out and I really don't think it controls shine all that well. I ended up switching my makeup all together.....a different oil-contol moisturizer by Alba, Benefit's Pore Corrector, Sonia Kashuk's concealer palette, NARS bronzer. I then dab a touch of Kashuk's 02 matte powder and I am not NEARLY as shiny as I used to be and my skin has cleared up as well.

Ok, I was REALLY hesitant spraying something on my face after I put my makeup on, but I am pleasantly surprised. As far as finishing your makeup and holding it in place all day, this truly does what it says. I am really amazed. Why the one lippie off? Well not sure that it controls shine all that well, but that could also be the nature of my makeup. I wear Bobbi Brown's TM and concealer, which naturally gives me a "glow". Usually when I first apply my TM, it gives a slight glow so I thought this would really help with break through shine, but I am not 100% convinced that it really helps with shine as about mid-day I see a lot of break through shine. Perhaps before I spray I should apply my MAC prep and prime and then spray to hold everything in place. That may help, but I was trying to avoid that step and not put more stuff on my face.
As with all products, I am terrified of it causing breakouts. So far, I have not noticed anything that would cause me to breakout more than I have been lately.
I will update as I use this product longer!