Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish

3.4

Water, Alcohol Denat, PVP, Polyhydrostearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Poloxamer 407, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Gluconolactone, Fragrance.

on 5/12/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review. I am so dissapointed with this product, I feel I should share my experience.
If your skin is oily, and you normally get shiny 1 hour after apply long wear makeup, then don't count on this product to help you. I almost want to say it made me shine even more, and that was in 68 degree weather. I could also feel this on my face, like wearing a mask. I am much better off wearing my Revlon Colorstay or my Estee Lauder Double Wear without this spray.
Buy it with caution.

on 4/14/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and used to carry oil absorbing sheets all the time and use them or touch up with powder every 2 hours. Also, even with urban decay eyeshadow primer I ended up with gross runny lids by 4pm. Never again! I use after I wash my face and moisturize and again after I apply all my make up. No gross smell and very refreshing. Totally worth it!

on 1/26/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. Ive been on the hunt for a finishing spray that will keep my mineral makeup in place and prevent oil from smearing my eyeliner. Before using this, I found a finishing powder to control oil, Mac's prep & prime finishing powder and it did wonders keeping my makeup in check. Then, i added this spray to my routine. I noticed that my face actually looked even more oiler at the end of the day as opposed to only finishing off with my MAC prep & prime. very disappointed :( I bought the 2oz bottle for about $20 and I guess i'll use it up till its gone. Im going to give the "Dance" version a shot because it has a higher rating than this one. *sigh

on 1/9/2011 7:37:00 PM

This product does hold my makeup for quite a while, but not all day. It does okay for oil control, but doesn't prevent completely. The mist is nice and refreshing. I did notice that it worked beautifully the first time I used it, but not as great since.

on 11/8/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product in hopes that it would actually control my oily face somewhat. Unfortunately, it failed in that department; it didn't make a difference in maintaining my shine whatsoever. However, it is an excellent makeup sealer, so if you're looking for a quality makeup sealer, definitely give Skindinavia a try. It's a little on the pricier side, but it definitely will keep your makeup in place, even in hot weather. I do not plan on repurchasing though, as my main reason to buy it was for the oil-control properties they claimed it has.

on 10/22/2010 9:07:00 PM

This stuff is heaven sent. I've tried countless primers and lotions for oily skin but never have they seemed to work. I tried the smashbox primer that would make me matte for 30 minutes tops but this product lasts all day. It doesn't have a completely matte finish, a little bit of natural/healthy shine exists. Satin finish I would say. I don't wear foundation or blush, I just spray it on for the oiliness and it lasts for all day with an exception of probably blotting just once. I've never been so impressed with a product and I would definitely keep repurchasing. I have oily oily oily skin that oils up in about 20 minutes after makeup or facewash and I seriously have to blot 4-5 times a day. With this spray I don't even have to worry about my oily bangs anymore. The oil on my forehead used to get on my bangs causing it to oil up in. A matter of 4 hours but now it keeps fresh all day. HG for forever!

on 10/13/2010 10:12:00 AM

i am trying a couple of the Skindiniva sprays to see which is the best. I have oily/combo skin... this does help my makeup last longer but it does not dry matte on me nor does it ever look matte on me.... it has kind of a shiny look... BUT it does help my make up stay on all day....

I have found the best thing for me is to apply all my makeup except finishing powder... spray, let it dry and then apply finishing powder on top of the dried spray. It seems to work the best for me that way and has more of a matte look.

i am going to try the Dance and the Bride version of this to see if it works better.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING PRODUCT! I purchased this just before I went on a trip to Vegas this August. I have extremely oily/sensitive skin, and when I sprayed this on in the morning my makeup didn't budge until about 4am the next morning! Normally I wouldn't wear my makeup that long- but... what happens in Vegas...

I swear its like a miracle product. I will buy this over and over. I cant believe it took me this long to find this product.

on 7/14/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought it because of all the great reviews, so I thought it would work for me too. Boy, how I was wrong.

I have used this brand of sprays along with Urban Decay's all nighter spray and they never seem to work for me. I used the recommended amount of sprays and the correct formation, yet it always look like there was a layer of shiny plastic on my face, which would make sense since I'm sure this is just a bottle of different types of silicone.

This did not control oil or shine at all. If you want some kind of glow, I'd use this, but expect it to be greasy as the day goes on. It seemed to make it worse. Worst of all, I broke out horribly after only trying to two times!

on 7/7/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Kinda pricey, but after giving this a test run for the past three weeks, and I can say that its worth every penny!! I have very oily skin and am always looking for a way to keep my face from looking like a grease ball. This stuff is the truth. No touch ups, no shine just a fresh looking face all day long. This has been promoted to my staple products.