Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

4.2

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, <+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492/IRON OXIDES, CI 15850/RED 7, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470/CARMINE> FIL D36361/1

on 12/2/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am 100% in love with this lip gloss! I purchased Born With It as apart of a buy one get on offer to try it out and I have now found my HG lip gloss. I have very pigmented lips so the sheer colour of the gloss gives my lips that nice shine with out making my lips look over done. Looks amazing when layering over lipstick ( works well when matched with Nearly There form the colour sensationals lip stick range) .Maybelline have made a top quality gloss thaat we can all afford and easily accessable so a big thumbs up to that. Yes there is a scent to the product but it is not something that is too over powering and after a few minutes you do not notice it. The packaging is nice and slim which makes it easy to carry and is the perfect size to fit in your purse or clutch for touch ups. I am very pleased with this gloss and look forwarsd to trying more in the collection.

on 12/1/2010 11:14:00 PM

Not sticky, no taste, slight bubblegum orange-y scent, wears ok- but Broadway Bronze in the tube wasn't the color on lips. Color was way too light when applied.

on 11/5/2010 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i kinda like this gloss. it's a little sheer for my likeing but it looks great over lipstck and it's not sticky

on 10/21/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I adore these glosses. I like them better than the Revlon ones I've tried. The Revlon ones are not quite as consistent. These are very pigmented with no splotchiness. It is almost like a very creamy kind of lipstick or something. Love it! Yes, there is a scent that is orangy or something. I would prefer that be removed. I have four of these & will describe colors now:

"Born With It" is a light pink shimmery gloss. It is my least favorite of the four I own since there is not hardly any color. It just shows up on my lips as a clear shimmer.

"Sugared Honey" is the first color I purchased. It is a great color. It is categorized under the plum colors. I don't get super strong plum from this. It is reddish pinkish plumish pretty. I even get a bit of orange in there! Some nude. Very beautiful.

"Bronzed Broadway" is great, too. It is darker, but not garishly so. It is kind of a wine color. Not too brown. I'm not a huge fan of browns. Anyway, this is also a great color.

"Touch of Toffee" is a nude. It is matte without shimmer wherease the others are more shimmery. I would rather this nude color have a bit more peach or pink to it, but it is nice nontheless. I think this is a great color for everyday use.

UPDATE: I never find myself going for these glosses. They taste like orange sherbert. I just don't like the taste! The color is lovely still from each shade.

on 9/28/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Sandstone Shimmer, which is a lovely, true nude color that goes wonderfully by itself or on top of a matte lipstick. The consistency of these glosses is a little thicker/dryer than Revlon's glosses, but it still goes on nicely (albeit with a few more brush strokes) and gives a nice shine. It has a noticeable, light scent that kind of reminds me of grapefruit or something citrusy, which was a nice touch. I love the super thin tube design, they're so easy to carry around!

on 9/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love these lipglosses sooo much. I saw them on sale at Kmart for $10AUD each so I grabbed two, in cranberry cocktail and mocha glaze. They are both gorgeous colours, the mocha glaze I wear pretty much every day and the cranberry for when I go out. They are super pigmented, but you can go for a more sheer look with them as well which is fantastic. They last a long time and are very moisturising. I will most definitely be buying them again!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was quite pleased with maybelline's new shinesensational lip glosses, so i went ahead and bought 2 of these, in born with it, and sandstone shimmer.
pros:nice pigmentation, shiny
cons: a bit sticky
overall, it was a good product. i will be repurchasing.
sandstone shimmer is a great neutral color, and born with it is probably their signature color, im guessing, and it's this adorable pick.
buy 1 or 2! they're only 6$ about

on 8/11/2010 7:29:00 PM

I have a couple of these glosses, and I really love them. I originally got Sugared Honey, and I love that color. I had been wanting to get another color, but couldn't decide which one, until they came out with the pearl colors. I picked up Luminous Lilac, which is GORGEOUS. They aren't stick and they stay on my lips longer than most glosses, and the color selection is nice. I wish they had as many colors in the glosses as they do the lipsticks, but the colors they do have are very pretty neutral colors. I also love the simple but elegant packaging. I will keep buying more colors as long as they are available. I will agree that the product does have a sweet smell. It didn't bother me after I applied it, but I can see that if a person is sensitive to fragrances that it could bother them.

I liked the color of the product. Hated the smell. After awhile it made me feel sort of sick from the horrible smell. It wasn't sticky which was nice. I would buy more if it didn't have such a gross smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This lipgloss isn't sticky and has a nice orangey scent. It has good lasting power and is a little glittery. The reason I took off a lippy is because this lipgloss tends to look dissimilar to its outward appearance. Definitely swatch this one properly before you buy it.

Recommended for Medium Skin