July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these glosses. I like them better than the Revlon ones I've tried. The Revlon ones are not quite as consistent. These are very pigmented with no splotchiness. It is almost like a very creamy kind of lipstick or something. Love it! Yes, there is a scent that is orangy or something. I would prefer that be removed. I have four of these & will describe colors now:

"Born With It" is a light pink shimmery gloss. It is my least favorite of the four I own since there is not hardly any color. It just shows up on my lips as a clear shimmer.

"Sugared Honey" is the first color I purchased. It is a great color. It is categorized under the plum colors. I don't get super strong plum from this. It is reddish pinkish plumish pretty. I even get a bit of orange in there! Some nude. Very beautiful.

"Bronzed Broadway" is great, too. It is darker, but not garishly so. It is kind of a wine color. Not too brown. I'm not a huge fan of browns. Anyway, this is also a great color.

"Touch of Toffee" is a nude. It is matte without shimmer wherease the others are more shimmery. I would rather this nude color have a bit more peach or pink to it, but it is nice nontheless. I think this is a great color for everyday use.

UPDATE: I never find myself going for these glosses. They taste like orange sherbert. I just don't like the taste! The color is lovely still from each shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I bought this in Sandstone Shimmer, which is a lovely, true nude color that goes wonderfully by itself or on top of a matte lipstick. The consistency of these glosses is a little thicker/dryer than Revlon's glosses, but it still goes on nicely (albeit with a few more brush strokes) and gives a nice shine. It has a noticeable, light scent that kind of reminds me of grapefruit or something citrusy, which was a nice touch. I love the super thin tube design, they're so easy to carry around!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Cabrinixie

I love these lipglosses sooo much. I saw them on sale at Kmart for $10AUD each so I grabbed two, in cranberry cocktail and mocha glaze. They are both gorgeous colours, the mocha glaze I wear pretty much every day and the cranberry for when I go out. They are super pigmented, but you can go for a more sheer look with them as well which is fantastic. They last a long time and are very moisturising. I will most definitely be buying them again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by xoel4everlife14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was quite pleased with maybelline's new shinesensational lip glosses, so i went ahead and bought 2 of these, in born with it, and sandstone shimmer.
pros:nice pigmentation, shiny
cons: a bit sticky
overall, it was a good product. i will be repurchasing.
sandstone shimmer is a great neutral color, and born with it is probably their signature color, im guessing, and it's this adorable pick.
buy 1 or 2! they're only 6$ about

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

I have a couple of these glosses, and I really love them. I originally got Sugared Honey, and I love that color. I had been wanting to get another color, but couldn't decide which one, until they came out with the pearl colors. I picked up Luminous Lilac, which is GORGEOUS. They aren't stick and they stay on my lips longer than most glosses, and the color selection is nice. I wish they had as many colors in the glosses as they do the lipsticks, but the colors they do have are very pretty neutral colors. I also love the simple but elegant packaging. I will keep buying more colors as long as they are available. I will agree that the product does have a sweet smell. It didn't bother me after I applied it, but I can see that if a person is sensitive to fragrances that it could bother them.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by SarahLovesMac35

I liked the color of the product. Hated the smell. After awhile it made me feel sort of sick from the horrible smell. It wasn't sticky which was nice. I would buy more if it didn't have such a gross smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This lipgloss isn't sticky and has a nice orangey scent. It has good lasting power and is a little glittery. The reason I took off a lippy is because this lipgloss tends to look dissimilar to its outward appearance. Definitely swatch this one properly before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Plumtastic (#415) and LOVE it! It goes on smooth, the color is great, and it lasts quite a while. It even leaves a little color after the gloss has worn off. I'll definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colour sensational lipsticks so much I thought I would give the lipgloss a whirl.

I have it in Nude Pearl which is a lovely pinky nude. I like to layer this over my rosier lipsticks to tone down the colour slightly and add some plumpness.

The lipgloss smells really nice, kind of fruity, and the texture and consistency is not too gloopy or sticky which is ace! The applicator spreads the glossy easily and even after a few hours it doesn't do that horrible goopy thing that lipglosses sometimes do on the lip.

I really like this gloss, I will definately be checking out the other colours too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up 2 of these glosses this week from Rite Aid: 'Luminous Lilac' and 'Pinata Pink' which are both (I believe) limited edition, so I might go back and pick up a few more before they're gone.

I've been on the hunt for a lipgloss to replace my beloved Luxiva (Merle Norman) Delites tube gloss, which unfortuneately, are being discontined (why, I have no clue, as they are a top seller of the line, and a big hit here @ MUA). Anyway, I think I found a pretty good replacement, although not totally the same, but pretty close. I prefer the squeeze tube that the Delites offer, but I can live with the doe-foot appicator of this gloss (I can't stand glosses that have brushes; to me, the application is streaky and just plain terrible).

These glosses feel great on the lips and seem to last a fair amount of time (I need to reply after eating, but that's no big deal). No stickiness, and wears like both a gloss/lip moisturizer and a lipstick (same as my beloved Luxiva glosses) and they smell (and taste) great! The 'Lumonus Lilac' shade is more like a cool pinky-rose that is gorgeous and is like the shade of my lips. The other one that I have is 'Pinata Pink', a light peachy pink that goes on lighter than it looks in the tube but that's fine with me;sometimes I wear this over the luminous lilac shade or a lipstick.

Overall, these are a nice substitute for my Delites liglosses and I will definitely buy again, plus you can't beat the great price tag. Check these out; I promise you that you will love them!:)