Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

4.1

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, <+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492/IRON OXIDES, CI 15850/RED 7, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470/CARMINE> FIL D36361/1

on 12/1/2010 11:14:00 PM

Not sticky, no taste, slight bubblegum orange-y scent, wears ok- but Broadway Bronze in the tube wasn't the color on lips. Color was way too light when applied.

on 11/5/2010 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i kinda like this gloss. it's a little sheer for my likeing but it looks great over lipstck and it's not sticky

on 10/21/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I adore these glosses. I like them better than the Revlon ones I've tried. The Revlon ones are not quite as consistent. These are very pigmented with no splotchiness. It is almost like a very creamy kind of lipstick or something. Love it! Yes, there is a scent that is orangy or something. I would prefer that be removed. I have four of these & will describe colors now:

"Born With It" is a light pink shimmery gloss. It is my least favorite of the four I own since there is not hardly any color. It just shows up on my lips as a clear shimmer.

"Sugared Honey" is the first color I purchased. It is a great color. It is categorized under the plum colors. I don't get super strong plum from this. It is reddish pinkish plumish pretty. I even get a bit of orange in there! Some nude. Very beautiful.

"Bronzed Broadway" is great, too. It is darker, but not garishly so. It is kind of a wine color. Not too brown. I'm not a huge fan of browns. Anyway, this is also a great color.

"Touch of Toffee" is a nude. It is matte without shimmer wherease the others are more shimmery. I would rather this nude color have a bit more peach or pink to it, but it is nice nontheless. I think this is a great color for everyday use.

UPDATE: I never find myself going for these glosses. They taste like orange sherbert. I just don't like the taste! The color is lovely still from each shade.

on 9/28/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Sandstone Shimmer, which is a lovely, true nude color that goes wonderfully by itself or on top of a matte lipstick. The consistency of these glosses is a little thicker/dryer than Revlon's glosses, but it still goes on nicely (albeit with a few more brush strokes) and gives a nice shine. It has a noticeable, light scent that kind of reminds me of grapefruit or something citrusy, which was a nice touch. I love the super thin tube design, they're so easy to carry around!

on 9/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love these lipglosses sooo much. I saw them on sale at Kmart for $10AUD each so I grabbed two, in cranberry cocktail and mocha glaze. They are both gorgeous colours, the mocha glaze I wear pretty much every day and the cranberry for when I go out. They are super pigmented, but you can go for a more sheer look with them as well which is fantastic. They last a long time and are very moisturising. I will most definitely be buying them again!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was quite pleased with maybelline's new shinesensational lip glosses, so i went ahead and bought 2 of these, in born with it, and sandstone shimmer.
pros:nice pigmentation, shiny
cons: a bit sticky
overall, it was a good product. i will be repurchasing.
sandstone shimmer is a great neutral color, and born with it is probably their signature color, im guessing, and it's this adorable pick.
buy 1 or 2! they're only 6$ about

on 8/11/2010 7:29:00 PM

I have a couple of these glosses, and I really love them. I originally got Sugared Honey, and I love that color. I had been wanting to get another color, but couldn't decide which one, until they came out with the pearl colors. I picked up Luminous Lilac, which is GORGEOUS. They aren't stick and they stay on my lips longer than most glosses, and the color selection is nice. I wish they had as many colors in the glosses as they do the lipsticks, but the colors they do have are very pretty neutral colors. I also love the simple but elegant packaging. I will keep buying more colors as long as they are available. I will agree that the product does have a sweet smell. It didn't bother me after I applied it, but I can see that if a person is sensitive to fragrances that it could bother them.

I liked the color of the product. Hated the smell. After awhile it made me feel sort of sick from the horrible smell. It wasn't sticky which was nice. I would buy more if it didn't have such a gross smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This lipgloss isn't sticky and has a nice orangey scent. It has good lasting power and is a little glittery. The reason I took off a lippy is because this lipgloss tends to look dissimilar to its outward appearance. Definitely swatch this one properly before you buy it.

on 7/16/2010 9:34:00 AM

I got this in Plumtastic (#415) and LOVE it! It goes on smooth, the color is great, and it lasts quite a while. It even leaves a little color after the gloss has worn off. I'll definitely get this again.

Recommended for Medium Skin