October 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by xocindytt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The tip of this eyeliner isn't as sharp as I wanted it to be, but its a very easy application and the wing liner is super easy with this too! However its staying power isn't too impressive & when it does come off its like little flakes on my eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I wanted to try this product because my best friend was raving about its staying power. But it was a fail for me. It smudged and didn't have much lasting power. The felt tip was a little to soft for my liking and it didn't create a fine enough line for me.
I prefer my stila stay all day and Kat Von d trooper over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPandaoxox

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner! I rave about this! It's so easy to apply and it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaddict08

This eyeliner is amazing! It's so easy to use for winging out eyeliner. The only problem that I have with it is that I sometimes have to dip the brush back in the tube in order to get more product onto my brush while doing my eyeliner and I feel as though it slows me down when I am short for time in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

I always repurchase. I love this. It's perfect for those who are beginners in wearing a winged eyeliner. It lasts pretty long and washes off easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very watery, not a worth of a penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ah, Line Stiletto. My former HG. We have been through many a hurried morning together. I actually bought two tubes of this stuff before CVS didn't have black one day and I had to switch to Milani Ultrafine, which one-upped Stiletto in a few ways.

I think this is the liquid liner that really taught me how to properly apply liquid. It took a few weeks, but after daily use the short handle and felt tip led to me figuring out exactly what works and what doesn't, and for that I have to thank Maybelline. This is a really easy liquid liner to work with, as far as felt tips go. The felt tip is a little broad compared to others, but it doesn't get in your way since you should be using a pretty slight hand when applying liquid anyway.

That being said, I would say one should graduate from Stiletto after figuring out what works because it just doesn't hold up well. Not only does it come off with water, but it comes off when the wind makes my eyes tear up a little. This is not what you want to be wearing if you're going out all night. Or even all day, for that matter.

The color isn't particularly bright or dramatic, either. It's really not a "black" black - it's dark, but the color was reminiscent of a marker that's just about to dry out. You would have to go over it multiple times if you wanted a true "black", and the more layers you put on the more likely it is to flake off. Yes, it flakes off after a while if you're not careful.

The easiness in application is really not a selling point for me anymore, since I've officially learned how to apply liquid. But if you're still learning, Stiletto is a great option. Since it's not totally permanent you can quickly remove it and try again, and you have a lot of time to sit there and really perfect it with a cotton swab before it dries. Since the color isn't particularly pigmented it's also forgiving - no one will notice if you make a little mistake or if your wing tips aren't quite sharp. But if you're already a seasoned liquid liner pro, you can probably afford to go for something more dramatic, lasting, and vivid. I would highly recommend Milani Ultrafine for people who are looking for the single greatest liquid liner to grace their eyes.

TL;DR:

PROS:
- Easy to apply - short handle offers precision
- Good for beginners - color is forgiving and wipes off easily for re-dos

CONS
- Not bright or vivid. Certainly not "blackest" black
- Comes off easily. Not waterproof. Bothersome if your eyes water - will require re-application

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I've heard both good and bad things about this eyeliner. I never really liked liquid liner, but the cream eyeliner I was using at the time was just smudging way too much, so I decided to give liquid liner a second try. I love Maybelline products, so I went with the Line Stiletto in Black.

I do like the felt tip applicator, since I find brush applicators too flimsy, and I can't control the line as much. Also, I can make either a thin or thick line with the applicator, which is nice. The liner is quite opaque, but I do sometimes have to go over the line a few times if I really want it to be black. The main problem I have with this product is the fact that when I first got it, a lot of product was on the brush, and I would really have to wipe off the excess. I've had it for about a month, and now, when I want to get more liner on the brush, I have to close the lid and shake the tube vigorously to get more product back onto the brush if that makes sense. It's not a huge problem, but it's a bit inconvenient.

As for staying power, it's quite good. The liner is a bit smudged by the end of the day, but I have oily eyelids even with primer, so it probably won't be a problem for people without oily lids.

I would probably re-purchase this eyeliner, but I do really like my Dolly Wink eyeliner, so until I run out of that one, I'll be keeping the Line Stiletto as a back up liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by danchung811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only eyeliner that I can use. All smudge-proof water-proof gel/pencil liners failed me even with UD potion - I mean, literally all! Liquid liners that dry like a glue are the only type I can use. But even then, most liquid liners are too harsh for everyday makeup. However, this one goes on so light and thin that I can use without looking too much 'made-up.' Finally, exactly what I need. Hope Maybelline will never discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice liquid eyeliner. It stays on and does not smudge. The trick is to take a bit of the excess off the tip of the felt applicator. you don't need too much to apply a perfect line. You can also blend it with your finger, if you want a smokier look. If you're not accustomed to liquid eyeliner this may not be for you.