October 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Clean Artiste

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this out because I read an excellent review of it on a blog and also saw some positive reviews in magazines. I picked one up in CVS to see if the claims were true. FIRST, this is the product in the GREEN bottle. It is a BI-PHASE product and needs shaken before use. But I must say that this is my new go to eye makeup remover. It is gentle, dissolves all my eye makeup and mascara, and leaves very little residue. You must look for Clean Artiste on the bottle. It's usually stocked on a low shelf, I've noticed, as if they really don't want you to know about it. It runs approx. $5-$6 a bottle, but much cheaper than most Deparment Store Eye makeup removers and just as, or more effective in my opinion. If you have coupon, you can usually get $1 or $2 off. The safety cap can be a bit tricky, but all in all, have already re-purchased. Just a hint, most eye makeup remover needs a few seconds "work", I soak my cotton pad and then press gently on my lids/lashes for approx. 30 seconds before I begin to wipe in downward motion. This gives the product time to dissolve the makeup and makes it easier to remove.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

Crap. Will not buy again.
Had to rub my eyes with a cotton ball forever to get my mascara off, which is unacceptable, considering that I don't wear waterproof products. Will stick to Neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by geniebelle6901

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the blue bottle for sensitive eyes. I love it! It removed all of my eye makeup easily. It doesn't leave my eyelids greasy or dried out. But, most importantly, it didn't sting or make my eyes red. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm writing about the clean artiste pen, not the bottle of remover stuff.
The pen is for removing smudges during the day...I'm always getting smudges:( Anyways, it works so-so. It does get some smudges out without stinging, burning, or making the skin feel rashy, so that's good. And it does remove smudges without disturbing your makeup or leaving a heavy residue...that's also good. But, the pen is a crappy design. I have no clue how much product is in it or how it comes out because it seems like even l'oreal doesn't know...It's like they put a little makeup remover in and just shipped it out...no clicker to control how much comes out, no way to refill that I know of...it just seems pretty half-a**ed. I like those concealer/highlighter pens that you can click to control how much comes out--but this doesn't have a way to dispense more product...so when the little applicator bit gets dry, that's it--no way to get it wet again.
It does not remove serious smudges either. A small flake of mascara, or a bit of melted eyeliner is fine, but if it's set under your eye for any length of time, you're stuck with it...the smudge is yours for life because this stuff does nothing. I"m sure it's because it doesn't put a harsh layer of gunk out to erase the smudge and your makeup underneath.
I kind of like this product in that it does remove light smudges, and doesn't leave any nastiness after or screw up your makeup... But I also kind of don't like that you can't control how much product it puts out and the crappy 'could care less' design.
I might buy it again because the neutrogena smudge remover is way too waxy and leaves a funky film...this is much nicer but doesn't last very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by shiftyeyed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesn't sting or irritate my area, and it easily rinses/wipes off. However, I really have to scrub with it to get everything all off. If I quickly swipe my eyes before bed, I will often wake up to raccoon eyes. It's pretty good, but not great, so I won't repurchase unless it went on an awesome sale or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, THE BEST eye makeup remover I have EVER bought! Makes absolutely good on it's claims to remove waterproof eye makeup. A little pricey for a drugstore product but 100% worth it. So glad I decided to try this, leaves not a trace behind. Does not sting, leaves only a "clean" residue on the skin, if that makes any sense---it's not oil-tastic like some of the other waterproof eye makeup removers are, is what I mean. I hope they never discontinue it. An instant HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cyndimac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this eye make-up remover a try. It takes off waterproof make-up and doesn't sting at all. I absolutely love this. I'll be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I have extremely sensitive skin around my eyes. The neutrogena remover (and others) irritated my skin pretty badly. This remover doesn't. No stinging, no drying, no itching. Removes any eye makeup very easily without rubbing. I use this on Shiseido facial cotton which reduces irritation and controls product use as well. It doesn't actually matter, but I love the green color :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rachelzheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best eye makeup remover that I've been used, it's in very affordable price but still remover the eye makeup so effectively. I have a Japanese version Kiss me mascara and it's so waterproof and difficult to remove (I promise, if you don't touch it, it'll stay on your eyelashes for at least couple months), but this remover is the only one that can remover it in just few seconds. Excellent drugstore product, I'll definitely repurchase it again and again since I just can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I normally use Bi-Facil, and I think this works even better, and for sure it is less expensive.

Does not bother my eyes at all (as an aside, the posters who say this product bothers their eyes but Neutrogena doesn't - it's the opposite for me...Neutrogena stings like crazy for me and makes the skin around my eyes peel. Yikes!)

Not too oily. Doesn't sting. Makeup (Nars mascara - waterproof) removed easily, without much wiping.

I am a contact lens wearer and I would buy this again in an instant!