L'Oreal Clean Artiste

3.9

GREEN BOTTLE / Waterproof & Long Wearing: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl, Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride. ~~~BLUE BOTTLE / 100% Oil-Free: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I use this all over my face. It's not gentle at all, far from it. I feel like it's pulling all my natural skin oils away with the makeup. It does an adequate job of cleansing, but makes my skin hurt. Definitely not repurchasing.

on 7/30/2010 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, i wanted to say that the name on this bottle was just "eye makeup remover" even though it's still in the green bottle. i was looking for it on the shelves cause i saw a few recommendations for this remover. i actually found this in the discounted section in walmart!

this takes off my mac fluidline and majolica majorica lash expander frame plus (EXTREMELY difficult mascara to remove) very easily. I just held the cotton pad on my eyelid and gently swiped it across and most of my eye makeup was on the pad or was mostly dissolved. i didn't irritated my eyes like all-over-face oil cleansers (the Shu cleanser made my eyes itch). this is much better than Clinique's take the day off remover (purple bottle) and is comparable to Lancome's bi-facil.

i also observed that the l'oreal remover quickly went back into 2 layers fairly quickly (around an hr) while the Clinique one take at least 2-3 days to separate into 2 distinct layers w/o that emulsion layer in the middle

on 6/3/2010 2:56:00 PM

Pretty good stuff! Not *quite* as good as Lancome's version, but the price is right and it works well enough. I didn't have a problem removing my waterproof eye makeup. The push and twist cap is a little annoying, otherwise I would definitely purchase this cleanser again.

on 5/4/2010 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I tried this out because I read an excellent review of it on a blog and also saw some positive reviews in magazines. I picked one up in CVS to see if the claims were true. FIRST, this is the product in the GREEN bottle. It is a BI-PHASE product and needs shaken before use. But I must say that this is my new go to eye makeup remover. It is gentle, dissolves all my eye makeup and mascara, and leaves very little residue. You must look for Clean Artiste on the bottle. It's usually stocked on a low shelf, I've noticed, as if they really don't want you to know about it. It runs approx. $5-$6 a bottle, but much cheaper than most Deparment Store Eye makeup removers and just as, or more effective in my opinion. If you have coupon, you can usually get $1 or $2 off. The safety cap can be a bit tricky, but all in all, have already re-purchased. Just a hint, most eye makeup remover needs a few seconds "work", I soak my cotton pad and then press gently on my lids/lashes for approx. 30 seconds before I begin to wipe in downward motion. This gives the product time to dissolve the makeup and makes it easier to remove.

on 4/20/2010 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Crap. Will not buy again.
Had to rub my eyes with a cotton ball forever to get my mascara off, which is unacceptable, considering that I don't wear waterproof products. Will stick to Neutrogena.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in the blue bottle for sensitive eyes. I love it! It removed all of my eye makeup easily. It doesn't leave my eyelids greasy or dried out. But, most importantly, it didn't sting or make my eyes red. I'll definitely buy this again.

I'm writing about the clean artiste pen, not the bottle of remover stuff.
The pen is for removing smudges during the day...I'm always getting smudges:( Anyways, it works so-so. It does get some smudges out without stinging, burning, or making the skin feel rashy, so that's good. And it does remove smudges without disturbing your makeup or leaving a heavy residue...that's also good. But, the pen is a crappy design. I have no clue how much product is in it or how it comes out because it seems like even l'oreal doesn't know...It's like they put a little makeup remover in and just shipped it out...no clicker to control how much comes out, no way to refill that I know of...it just seems pretty half-a**ed. I like those concealer/highlighter pens that you can click to control how much comes out--but this doesn't have a way to dispense more product...so when the little applicator bit gets dry, that's it--no way to get it wet again.
It does not remove serious smudges either. A small flake of mascara, or a bit of melted eyeliner is fine, but if it's set under your eye for any length of time, you're stuck with it...the smudge is yours for life because this stuff does nothing. I"m sure it's because it doesn't put a harsh layer of gunk out to erase the smudge and your makeup underneath.
I kind of like this product in that it does remove light smudges, and doesn't leave any nastiness after or screw up your makeup... But I also kind of don't like that you can't control how much product it puts out and the crappy 'could care less' design.
I might buy it again because the neutrogena smudge remover is way too waxy and leaves a funky film...this is much nicer but doesn't last very long.

on 3/8/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It doesn't sting or irritate my area, and it easily rinses/wipes off. However, I really have to scrub with it to get everything all off. If I quickly swipe my eyes before bed, I will often wake up to raccoon eyes. It's pretty good, but not great, so I won't repurchase unless it went on an awesome sale or something.

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Hands down, THE BEST eye makeup remover I have EVER bought! Makes absolutely good on it's claims to remove waterproof eye makeup. A little pricey for a drugstore product but 100% worth it. So glad I decided to try this, leaves not a trace behind. Does not sting, leaves only a "clean" residue on the skin, if that makes any sense---it's not oil-tastic like some of the other waterproof eye makeup removers are, is what I mean. I hope they never discontinue it. An instant HG product for me.

on 3/5/2010 3:03:00 PM

I decided to give this eye make-up remover a try. It takes off waterproof make-up and doesn't sting at all. I absolutely love this. I'll be buying it again.