April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

sephora gave me a sample of this foundation a while back. It seems like a decent foundation if you want a very natural finish. It goes on nice and smooth. The product says it offers translucent coverage and this is absolutely correct....you could see right through this foundation...no coverage at all. I like more coverage so this wasn't the foundation for me. I took off most of the lippies because of the smell. It smells awful...like fish....which does fade after a while but...yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

This product is not for those with lighter skin. I am fair and this product was obviously too dark for my face. I lightened it by using powder over the product and tested it for one week, then I noticed I was getting clogged pores. I was getting tiny white heads and clogged pores all over my face. Not recommended for those with sensitive skin prone to breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mimilerio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product since its a Perricone product and I really liked the idea of a skincare product which doubles as foundation. However, I do not like the smell. Any Perricone user would know that these products have an acquired scent to them. Granted, the scent does fade away within minutes and the pay-off of a better for you foundation is worth it. Keeping this product in the refrigerator helps reduce the scent, this also helps with the longevity of the product. The price is reasonable compared to other higher end foundations and compared to other products that the brand has this is considered a steal not to mention, the brand has also proven it's excellence in skincare. Lastly, I adore the packaging it is very simple and the thick glass makes it very durable. I'd also like to mention the pump that makes accessing the product sanitary. Overall, I find this to be a good foundation for everyday use if you can get past the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tatum0248

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a sephora sample and figured I'd give it a try. I was a little confused as to whether it was a moisturizer or a foundation or both? It does only come in one shade and fortunately for me that shade fits nicely with olive skin (yellow undertone). I put it on in the morning over my serum in place of my foundation and moisturizer (also has spf) and it makes my skin look even and glowing! It feels a little heavy going on the skin and not very satiny but I like the look of the finished product. The smell is weird though! I feel like you smell it when you first put it on then you just forget about it, it doesn't follow you around all day! I suggest people with olive skin to try this out! I really like it and so far has helped with my pores! Its a great product to buy if you don't have time to really get ready in the morning before work!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Had to try this based on the hype in More magazine, according to them this was IT! Not it for me. Pros: great ingredients and light coverage with a great sunscreen. Cons: Caramel face at a steep price. While I was looking for light coverage and this delivers on that front, you can still discern that one color does not fit all. No matter how well I worked this in to my complexion, you could tell it was too dark--I did the daylight test and it failed. Not for 60 bucks, no and no.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bekcogent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it. I am extremey fair, usually the lightest shade in most brands, yet this works for me. It gives me a glow, nothing orange about it on me. I use it for a more natural look. It's glowy, lasting, and great for my skin. I set it with Smashbox HALO powder. It's not for a board meeting or wedding. It's a relaxed everyday thing. For more decorous occasions I use YSL foundation, lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have recently started using this product as I have looked for lighter coverage and am really liking how it looks. I do agree with the other reviews, you do need to use your regular moisturizer first before using this product. You use a tiny amount, one pump, for your whole face. Also, I use my fingers to spread it on my face in a circular fashion (not like you would spread on foundation) but really rubbing it into your face. After I spread it on with my fingers I wait a few minuets and then swipe my face with a sponge to pick up any extra. It dries perfectly. I do use a powder to set it and it stays on all day, gives natural finish and great sun protection. I have been wearing this during the weekend for a “no makeup” look but am really considering using it during the week as well. This does not give you coverage like a foundation, so if you are looking for a truly finished look this will not work for you. But if you have good skin and just want to even out skin tone and blur some minor lines, this does the trick. I have olive/tan combination skin and the color works well for me. This was a recommendation from a friend with much lighter skin and it worked well on her as well, so I think it adapts to the skin tone. I have not had any break outs but that may be due in part to my use of a powder. I like this produce and will continue to use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by JJQ333

Just tried my free deluxe sample from Sephora, and it's HORRIBLE! I thought it was intended to be a tinted moisturizer, so naturally, I put it on without moisturizer underneath. It was difficult to spread around, very dry, and almost felt scratchy (that was probably just my fingers spreading it, but usually moisturizers and foundations feel silky when applied).

It was so shiny and sticky after application. I waited a few minutes, but the stickiness remained. I then applied a little LaMer powder in a light shade. A few minutes later, I noticed my face looked dark brownish-orange in places. I actually thought maybe this was a self-tanner that worked really fast!

I can't seem to find any redeeming qualities about this. It's not moisturizing, it adds too much color to my light-to-medium skin, is difficult to blend, and is super-sticky. I can think of lots of tinted moisturizers or tinted SPF's that are far superior (LaMer, Dior, Stila ... just to name a few).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by andrearn9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two words: CLOGGED PORES. This tinted SPF moisturizer gave a me a nice enough finish. It blurred imperfections and evened out my skin tone. After applying it, I was all set to love it and plunk down cash for a full-size (mine was a deluxe sample). It didn't make me look muddy by midday, which is what a lot of tinted SPFs do. But, much to my horror, the next morning I awoke to multiple clogged pores on my inner cheeks on either side of my nose. Sigh. On my skin, clogged pores are a bear to treat. They take a long time to go away, even with diligent use of BHA so I am NOT happy with the good Dr. Perricone's latest overpriced offering.

Signed me,
Bumpy McBumpcheeks
Bump City, NY

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NO WAY I'M GOING OUT AND SMELL LIKE A FISH! This smells horrible. Ok...it has fish oil in it, but it doesn't mean it has to smell one. Can Perricone do something about the smell? I want to love this foundation, b/c it's lightweight and looks like you wear no foundation at all. Coverage is buidable, too...but the smell is horrendous! Not to mention expensive!!!