L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually really like this mascara and, maybe far down the road, it'll be a permanent staple of my makeup bag. It lengthened and volumized pretty well and it didn't slide down my face over the course of the day (which is a big deal for me!) and it held curl excellently. With a good eye makeup remover it was fairly easy to take off, but didn't come off with just water (or tears!). The one thing that bothered me is that, especially as time went on, it was more and more difficult to apply without clumping, and so suddenly I'd only have like eight super thick eyelashes :P two ways I dealt with it: scraping off excess product so there wasn't so much on the wand before applying, and wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of my lashes before sweeping upwards.
Overall, I just don't need a waterproof mascara right now so I won't buy again for a while, but it certainly wasn't money wasted and should I need one in the future, I know what to get.

I heard this mascara was really good (and think I used it or a similar product in the past), but this was impossible to even open! I was going to return it but decided to have someone open the tube for me and gave it a shot.

This does make your lashes look pretty good (though not the best mascara I've tried for that false lash effect), but it seems to make my lashes fall out! No bueno! Back to Great Lash for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It didn't add any length but added decent volume and separated nicely. It held my curl pretty well but not as well as waterproof mascaras from Maybelline and Covergirl (but it was easier to take off than those). It was more of a natural look for me, which I like, especially for going to the beach or waterpark. However, I wouldn't dare wear it anywhere with water. I had it on for 2 hours and it was already smudging under my eyes, and I was just sitting in class on a fairly cool April day. I tried just wearing it on my top lashes and it still smudged. I wouldn't wear it around water, which makes this mascara pretty much useless since I don't like wearing waterproof mascara everyday.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

MY FAVORITE MASCARA OF ALL TIME.

This was perfect for my lashes. It did everything I needed a mascara to do. Added length, a bit of volume & separated my lashes at the same time. Another plus is that it's so lightweight. Sometimes, depending on how you apply, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing mascara. I've gotten some many compliments on my lashes when I wore this mascara! :) Super happy with this mascara. Will repurchase it until the day I die. It's a must-have in my collection.

I love/hate this mascara. I LOVE the way it leaves my eyelashes. It makes them look full and long when I first apply it. However, not even an hour later I look a raccoon. It is the exact opposite of waterproof and it flakes like crazy. I have never had a mascara flake that much. I would never purchase this mascara again.

Oh...they came soooooo close with this one. It could have been my HG. It's soooo beautifully rich and black...my eyes just pop.

Waterproof?? Not only is this NOT waterproof, it literally look like a raccoon before I'm out the door. :( However, BEFORE I look like a raccoon...my eye lashes look like a mascara ad. Gosh I love this mascara.

I've tried different under eye concealers and powders with this. I even stopped putting it on my lower lashes. I've tried topping this with Voluminous as my last coat.

My lashes are pretty long and thick so I this might be why it's such a problem for me. Shorter last ladies might not have as much transfer. If it didn't smudge it would be my fav mascara ever.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

L'Oreal's Waterproof Original Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black has to be my current favorite mascara to use. I have used many expensive mascaras including Benefit's They're Real! and Christian Dior's Diorshow Waterproof. None of these mascaras have given me the length and volume that the WOV mascara has given my lashes! My lashes are very limp (although long) and using some mascaras (that are not wax based) makes my lashes lose their curl within mascara application after curling them. This mascara has helped to keep my lashes curled all day until I take the mascara off--and taking it off is a breeze for me (I use Sephora Waterproof Eye-makeup remover). This mascara does not smudge onto my lids, nor does it flake; it basically feels like a department/high-end brand mascara, without the hefty price tag. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very disappointed. The brush was completely filled with product making it impossible for clump free application. The formula was not my main concern it was the brush. It was gloopy and applied the product unevenly. Over all i would not recommend this mascara.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is pretty good. It makes your eyelashes full and very dark and is waterproof. There are a couple of issues, though: it does clump up a little bit, and although it doesn't come off with water, after a few hours it makes pools of black under your eyes and gets black creases on your eyelids. It also seems like it doesn't dry, which is probably why it gets all over your face, as when you touch your eyelashes even hours after you applied the mascara it gets on your finger. I gave it 3 lipsticks because it looks good if you're like taking a picture or doing something quick. I do not recommend wearing it to school, though.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is pretty much my new HG mascara. People are saying it smudges and flakes all over, but I've never had any problems with that. It may be because I don't have oily lids, but I don't know.
This mascara provides insane volume and length for an OMG-are-they-real? look. Just the thing for my straight, medium-length, fine lashes. The colour is BLACK. DEEP, DARK BLACK. I have dark hair and lashes, so I tend to wear the darkest shades of mascara because it adds drama and it doesn't look too different from my natural lash colour. It holds a curl fairly well. after 5-6 hours, the curl loosens up a bit, but it's nothing major.
I love the packaging. Sleek, slim black-and-gold tube. The brush is longish and kind of on the fatter side. It doesn't have rubber bristles. Holy cow, this stuff deposits a lot of product. I think that's what gives me that dramatic look, but it can glob on the end of the brush. Scrape excess off before application.
So I think the search is over for me. I've found my one true love, mascara-wise. Will most definitely repurchase!

Popular Mascaras