L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 3/25/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very disappointed. The brush was completely filled with product making it impossible for clump free application. The formula was not my main concern it was the brush. It was gloopy and applied the product unevenly. Over all i would not recommend this mascara.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is pretty good. It makes your eyelashes full and very dark and is waterproof. There are a couple of issues, though: it does clump up a little bit, and although it doesn't come off with water, after a few hours it makes pools of black under your eyes and gets black creases on your eyelids. It also seems like it doesn't dry, which is probably why it gets all over your face, as when you touch your eyelashes even hours after you applied the mascara it gets on your finger. I gave it 3 lipsticks because it looks good if you're like taking a picture or doing something quick. I do not recommend wearing it to school, though.

on 2/21/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is pretty much my new HG mascara. People are saying it smudges and flakes all over, but I've never had any problems with that. It may be because I don't have oily lids, but I don't know.
This mascara provides insane volume and length for an OMG-are-they-real? look. Just the thing for my straight, medium-length, fine lashes. The colour is BLACK. DEEP, DARK BLACK. I have dark hair and lashes, so I tend to wear the darkest shades of mascara because it adds drama and it doesn't look too different from my natural lash colour. It holds a curl fairly well. after 5-6 hours, the curl loosens up a bit, but it's nothing major.
I love the packaging. Sleek, slim black-and-gold tube. The brush is longish and kind of on the fatter side. It doesn't have rubber bristles. Holy cow, this stuff deposits a lot of product. I think that's what gives me that dramatic look, but it can glob on the end of the brush. Scrape excess off before application.
So I think the search is over for me. I've found my one true love, mascara-wise. Will most definitely repurchase!

on 2/3/2013 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this one, but what a letdown. It was so clumpy on my lashes and difficult to remove even with makeup remover. 3 hours into my workday and I was having black smudges under my eyes. Too much product gets on the brush that I have to wipe excess off with a tissue. It doesn't really do much for my lashes except darken them. If I apply really slow, I may get minimal clumps at best but I'm not one that wants to spend so much time on just my eye makeup. At least I know I won't be buying this again. It was not for me.

on 1/19/2013 11:07:00 PM

This has a great deep, dark black color. Always like waterproof so my lashes stay curled. My lashes are long, but very straight, so always need the curler.
I only take off one lippie due to the fact it's really difficult to remove. I use the Neut. eye makeup remover to get this off.
This separates nicely and makes my lashes look fuller and works well w/my contacts. No eye irritation at all.
Barrel opening could be a bit smaller.
That's all, folks!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I like this better than the non waterproof version but I still don't like it.It smudged less ,it flaked less and clumped less but it still sucked.I can't really believe that this was waterproof.

on 11/10/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using Lattisse for a little while and I wanted to buy a mascara that would enhance the length of my lashes. I bought the waterproof as usual. I only wear waterproof mascara. It had been a while since I had worn this particular one before. I put it on and was loving the carbon black color and the way it made my lashes seem full and long. Unfortunately, every day that I have worn it, others point out to me that I have black smudges underneath my eyes! It's supposed to be waterproof! I won't be buying this again.

on 11/10/2012 1:32:00 PM

I like this mascara although I find that the non-waterproof of the voluminous carbon black stays on me all day as well even with my allergy watery eyes. This stuff is really hard to get off even with great waterproof eye makeup remover. It does give me both volume and length and hold my curl well and it's a really dark black which I love.

on 10/25/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Dreadful stuff. Clumpy as all get out, then it smudges under your eyes? What the hell? How does a supposedly waterproof mascara SMUDGE? I have non-waterproof mascaras that perform better...and worse than that once it smudges under your eyes and leaves you looking like you lost a fight, you can't get the smudge off! Bizarre. I bought this when I was out of town for a funeral...I was stuck without waterproof mascara, and thought I might need it. I needn't have bothered as I wound up with raccoon eyes anyway. And I no longer have the packaging or I'd have returned it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Garbage. This barely did anything for my lashes. It basically just made them black. Little to no volume, minimal curl. But the worst part is that it melts off on my brow-bone and under my lower lash line...and I don't even have oily skin in the slightest! Removing this at night is a nightmare...it will barely budge and I always wake up with black residue under my eyes. What sense does that make? It melts off but wont wash off? It's expensive at $7 and I've had way better for way less.