October 24, 2014 | 1516 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

This has a great deep, dark black color. Always like waterproof so my lashes stay curled. My lashes are long, but very straight, so always need the curler.
I only take off one lippie due to the fact it's really difficult to remove. I use the Neut. eye makeup remover to get this off.
This separates nicely and makes my lashes look fuller and works well w/my contacts. No eye irritation at all.
Barrel opening could be a bit smaller.
That's all, folks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I like this better than the non waterproof version but I still don't like it.It smudged less ,it flaked less and clumped less but it still sucked.I can't really believe that this was waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pixipoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using Lattisse for a little while and I wanted to buy a mascara that would enhance the length of my lashes. I bought the waterproof as usual. I only wear waterproof mascara. It had been a while since I had worn this particular one before. I put it on and was loving the carbon black color and the way it made my lashes seem full and long. Unfortunately, every day that I have worn it, others point out to me that I have black smudges underneath my eyes! It's supposed to be waterproof! I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara although I find that the non-waterproof of the voluminous carbon black stays on me all day as well even with my allergy watery eyes. This stuff is really hard to get off even with great waterproof eye makeup remover. It does give me both volume and length and hold my curl well and it's a really dark black which I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dreadful stuff. Clumpy as all get out, then it smudges under your eyes? What the hell? How does a supposedly waterproof mascara SMUDGE? I have non-waterproof mascaras that perform better...and worse than that once it smudges under your eyes and leaves you looking like you lost a fight, you can't get the smudge off! Bizarre. I bought this when I was out of town for a funeral...I was stuck without waterproof mascara, and thought I might need it. I needn't have bothered as I wound up with raccoon eyes anyway. And I no longer have the packaging or I'd have returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Garbage. This barely did anything for my lashes. It basically just made them black. Little to no volume, minimal curl. But the worst part is that it melts off on my brow-bone and under my lower lash line...and I don't even have oily skin in the slightest! Removing this at night is a nightmare...it will barely budge and I always wake up with black residue under my eyes. What sense does that make? It melts off but wont wash off? It's expensive at $7 and I've had way better for way less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by paoaguilar94

My second favorite mascara by far! This mascara can be either really gorgeous or really awful depending on how you apply it. If done correctly, you get amazing volume and kind of falsy but not clumpy looking lashes. The first time I tried it I hated it because it felt too heavy and looked too clumpy. Then I learned the trick is in removing the excess mascara in the brush by puting the brush in the edge of the tube and sliding (i hope this makes sense), then you can start applying it and building it as you like. You'll get incredibly long, voluminous, dark, false lashes. I don't recommend this for an everyday look but it looks amazing for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. it gives me a lot of volume. however, you HAVE to scrape off the extra mascara or else you will get a clumpy, uni lash. after scraping off the TONS of extra mascara you have to apply it very carefully. if you do not you eyelashes will look very messy. i do not recommend this for first time mascara users, or people who do not spend alot of tome on there makeup. if you apply this mascara with lots of care you will get a full, thick, beautiful, false lash look

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't do much in terms of lengthening but makes my lashes look pretty full~ And the colour's great as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Love4Tulips

I am getting ready for a beach vacation. While I wear Clinique mascara daily, I opted for a cheapy waterproof option for around the water.

I was a bit skeptical after reading some horribly bad reviews on this site (raccoon eyes, flakes everywhere, etc), but I gave it a whirl yesterday as a trial run.

I am completely shocked this has such bad reviews. I put it on at 10am and took it off at 11:30pm....it was a 90 degree day, I ran errands, visited some friends, etc...My mascara didn't budge at all. In fact, the most annoying part was trying to remove it because it stays on so well. I even did a water test...I splashed some water on face...ran my wet fingers over my lashes...nothing! No flakes, no smudges...nothing! I even applied several coats for extra volume, which worked out great too.

I admit it's not as good my Clinique favorite, and I wouldn't wear this for daily use. However, it's really a great option for water activities. I do keep my makeup minimal for the beach, but I do feel naked without mascara. I am looking forward to wearing this on vacation, and I certainly have no complaints with this mascara for its $6.50 price tag.