September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by paoaguilar94

My second favorite mascara by far! This mascara can be either really gorgeous or really awful depending on how you apply it. If done correctly, you get amazing volume and kind of falsy but not clumpy looking lashes. The first time I tried it I hated it because it felt too heavy and looked too clumpy. Then I learned the trick is in removing the excess mascara in the brush by puting the brush in the edge of the tube and sliding (i hope this makes sense), then you can start applying it and building it as you like. You'll get incredibly long, voluminous, dark, false lashes. I don't recommend this for an everyday look but it looks amazing for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this mascara. it gives me a lot of volume. however, you HAVE to scrape off the extra mascara or else you will get a clumpy, uni lash. after scraping off the TONS of extra mascara you have to apply it very carefully. if you do not you eyelashes will look very messy. i do not recommend this for first time mascara users, or people who do not spend alot of tome on there makeup. if you apply this mascara with lots of care you will get a full, thick, beautiful, false lash look

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't do much in terms of lengthening but makes my lashes look pretty full~ And the colour's great as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Love4Tulips

I am getting ready for a beach vacation. While I wear Clinique mascara daily, I opted for a cheapy waterproof option for around the water.

I was a bit skeptical after reading some horribly bad reviews on this site (raccoon eyes, flakes everywhere, etc), but I gave it a whirl yesterday as a trial run.

I am completely shocked this has such bad reviews. I put it on at 10am and took it off at 11:30pm....it was a 90 degree day, I ran errands, visited some friends, etc...My mascara didn't budge at all. In fact, the most annoying part was trying to remove it because it stays on so well. I even did a water test...I splashed some water on face...ran my wet fingers over my lashes...nothing! No flakes, no smudges...nothing! I even applied several coats for extra volume, which worked out great too.

I admit it's not as good my Clinique favorite, and I wouldn't wear this for daily use. However, it's really a great option for water activities. I do keep my makeup minimal for the beach, but I do feel naked without mascara. I am looking forward to wearing this on vacation, and I certainly have no complaints with this mascara for its $6.50 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kerriane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best mascara. Holds up through vigorous exercise. Dark, full lashes without looking clumpy. Can be built up for more dramatic lashes or a coat or two to be appropriate for everyday. Can flake slightly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I cannot seem to use this mascara without making a total mess somewhere! Either on my eyes or on my fingers or on my vanity table. The stopper at the top that scrapes off excess mascara at the top of the tube is too wide. Too much mascara comes out and I have to scrape the excess off at the top or wipe it on a tissue. If I don't, then it clumps like crazy or gets deposited where it's not supposed to be. I like that it is a deep dark black. It does take some effort to remove completely at the end of the day too, but that is usually the norm with waterproof mascaras. I'd seen this mascara praised by several makeup artists on their blogs, so I gave it a try, but I'm just not feeling the love.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cheetahlicious

It is very dark but unfortunately does not work for me, the original voluminous is great for me but this one clumps my eyelashes together, does not really give them much thickness or length and it rubs off easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by NKantaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this mascara! I've tried others but always come back to this one; it's VERY black which I love! It also is a little clumpy (which I actually prefer!) compared to other mascaras. I've worn this mascara and have had people ask me if I've had fake lashes on! LOVE this and will forever use it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by happiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this mascara several times, and before purchasing, I should have read all the reviews that warned of smudging. I'm not sure why this would occur-- maybe some ingredient(s) cause the mascara to stick to my Dream Smooth Mousse foundation, because like attracts like? Or maybe the bonding agents that make it waterproof also make it bond to the skin and not just your eyelashes? I don't know. If you really want to try Voluminous Waterproof, I'd suggest purchasing from a store that allows you to return your makeup.

As this was the only mascara I bought in a Rite-Aid in liquidation (everything 50% off, thank you Bronx), I am pretty disappointed. I should've bought another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have really come to trust L'oreal mascaras. i alternate between this formula and the Telescopic carbon black. i will never ever leave the house without mascara. even for a run, i need mascara. i sweat quite a bit, and i never have issues with this mascara. it always holds up extremely well. i prefer a waterproof formula to hold curl. this never smudges or lakes on me. very curious as to how other people get that result. i dont usually have a problem with clumping. it just depends on which eyeliner i use. if i want to add an extra step to ensure no clumps, i wipe the wand with tissue before swiping my lashes. this builds up a much softer, clump-free look. its an incredible value and it really is one of the best mascaras.