November 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this product in a sample from Sephora when I purchased my F&F. Wow. I waited a few weeks to bust it open, and now I can't get enough - the product is thin, blendable, easy to build on - and the best part is that a little bit, as in a drop the size of a pencil eraser, works so well on my entire face. I am in love with this foundation. I'm pretty disappointed though, it's OOS at Sephora.com (and has been, for weeks) and my B&M Sephora does not carry it. Anyway. The scent of the foundation is a bit much. I'm not overly acquainted with Givenchy products, perhaps this is par for the course. It dissipates shortly after application, luckily. Gives a luminous finish, I set it with some translucent powder to make it last longer though. I'm combo, but get hormonal breakouts on my jaw/low cheeks. The sample Sephora sent me, #4, was just right. I'm a N20 and cannot wait to get my hands on a FS bottle! If you can sample it, definitely give it a whirl.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by illamasquaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This Foundation is surprisingly the only well developed foundation that is BUILDABLE from Givenchy. As like Guerlain, the colour choice is a bit limited BUT the semi tones and under tones withing this particular complex make the foundation suitable for a wider variety of complexion. Even if you can't find your colour, a good primer mixed at the right ratio will make it a PERFECT match.
If that fails, use powder that is one shade lighter/darker of your foundation.
Love
J.T

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by freezer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product makes my skin glow even though it gives great coverage. I had been using a By Terry foundation which I loved but the price eventually killed off my desire ( about double Givenchy price ) This only needs a couple of pumps to do my face so I think it is a bargain for something of this quality. The SPF 20 was a big selling point: so many high end brands are SPF 10 or even zero

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gabbzmayes

I have to say I love this product, I am NC42 for reference in mac, and in this givenchy foundation I am number 7, This is a very strange foundation in a good way.. When I apply the foundation, it looks a bit lighter than my actual skin color, but after 20 minutes, it looks great and it is exactly my color, It photographs excelent, and it keeps my face oil controlled, but it still gives me this nice glow, not much but it is there.. The smell, I love the smell, I just cant explain what it is.. but it is nice not overwhelming, taking in consideration that I HATE anything that goes on my skin that smells.. Hmm I really feel that I did a good investment, just because I feel that Foundations and primers are in contact with your skin, and it should be good quality.. Great product..!

P.s. This didnt cause any acne in my face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by songy67

I am NC15-NC20 in MAC and #4 Perfect Vanilla matches my complexion incredibly well. I have oily, acne-prone, troubled skin. My go-to foundation used to be Sally Hansen Your Skin Makeup, which covered well, controlled oilies, and lasted all day. Except it often made me look like I was wearing a thick mask and I also had to mix two shades to get the right color match, and it contained no SPF. I fell in love with Givenchy's Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation the minute I tried it. It has a thin consistency, but the pigmentation is incredible and covers like magic. A little goes a long way. The 2ml sample I had lasted me about 5 applications! My favorite feature of this foundation is how seamlessly it blends into the skin and how ridiculously natural the finish is. I'd say the coverage is medium-buildable. It holds up well and lasts about 6 hours on me, depending on the humidity. I especially appreciate the spf 20 PA+++. This way, even on days I forget to layer a sunscreen underneath, I'm still protected. It's lightly perfumed with a rosy-powdery fragrance and the scent is so lovely it actually makes me look forward to applying my makeup each morning. I apply this either with my fingers by gently smoothing and tapping it into problem areas that need more coverage, or my typical method which is to use my finger to swipe it across the top of a large flat-top brush, then tap and blend it in with the brush. I even use this under my eyes as a light-coverage concealer. The best feature about this is that it seems to help my problem skin. It doesn't exacerbate my acne or cause me to break out, and I feel as if it helps with the healing process and the fading of scars. The packaging is absolutely beautiful as well, with the classic Givenchy design on the cap and a heavy frosted glass base and a clean and convenient pump. Yes, it's a pricey item at $47 for .8 oz, but it's worth it. So worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Emily1024

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for the last couple of months.Overall i find it extremely lightweight and moisturizing. It holds and SPF of 20, which is an added bonus. It leave a kind of matte airbrushed finished. The lasting power is the only negative it will not last a full day, but it does have a rather long staying power probably 5-6 hrs. It is a slightly sheer foundations so if you have any blemishes they will show up underneath. It smooths out acne scars overall giving a flawless finish. Defiantly well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation offers a decent fair in shade 03 Shell. It's rosy enough without being pink and the first shade that is fair without being yellow or white. Finish is more matte that I had thought from its name. Coverage is medium and you can build without it looking too much but you will not get more coverage from it than medium. There is no special finish from it, but I got it maximum grade because of the good color range for fair skin. Lasting power is good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by BlondeKat

I love this foundation. I have been using it the past 8 months and always get the same color. Perfect Praline. It goes on so smoothly, blends easily, and gives me the most flawless, natural complexion. I noticed on some of the reviews of this product that people either love or hate it. I definitely think its one of the better foundations I have tried, but one day I may get the inkling to see what else compares to it. I have tried mufe, mac, ysl, chanel, revelon colorstay. They all were decent, but Givenchy is the def fav! The only downside is the bottle is 42 dollars, but it usually lasts me anywhere from 2-3 months depending on how much I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by robertsmithwillsaveusall

I'll admit I bought this without much thought. Most foundations work on me fairly well in general so when I bought this it was on a leap of faith. I used mostly used the Chanel series, a couple of Lancome's and most recently Guerlain, this is my first Givenchy.

Upon application (I use shade no. 6) I noticed that the colour is a bit more orange-y than I would like. I did buy a shade darker on purpose to go with a natural tan look that I usually go for. Was slightly disappointed but quickly got over it as I realised I no longer need to use bronzer. The coverage was light to medium to begin with, it won't cover up any major spots or marks (anyway that isn't the function of a foundation) but it does give you a great balanced skin tone and matte texture.

I'll tell you what that made me give this a 5. Two hours after I had it on, the orange-ness have worn off, my skin is glowing, it is less matte than it was 2 hours ago and it also looks soft. It only gently hides my pores and my slight acne scar marks but in a really natural way. I must say I like it. If you're looking for a more complete cover-all, just add concealer and dust off with finishing loose powder and I'm sure you'll achieve a flawless look as well. This probably won't be for someone with major acne scars and spots, but it would probably be best for someone with dull, tired skin looking for some natural radiance. So glad I took the plunge to get this, it's actually better than my ex-HG Chanel Teint Innocence which didn't give me a natural glow like this one does!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jamdee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Objectively, I have to say this is a superb foundation.

I have 'split personality' skin; my chin and jaw are dry and slightly acneic if I'm not careful, my forehead is normal, but the skin around my nose is relentlessly oily. I only really wear foundation around the jaw - maybe 2 layers on a bad day - using what's left on my brush to cover the rest of the face. I was anxious whether this foundation would be versatile enough to deal with these issues and it did BEAUTIFULLY!

The colour was exact and didn't oxidise (4 - Perfect vanilla); it didn't exaggerate dryness, even after a few days of benzoyl peroxide (which is more than can be said for the crappy NARS Sheer glow); and when I needed to take it up further around my nose, it didn't settle into or exaggerate the pores. It is also remarkably long lasting: I probably powdered once/twice throughout the day. One pump on the back of your hand doesn't look much, but you can actually see it expand after a few seconds; and one pump really can deal with a whole face if you tend to wear your foundation like me. So objectively, yes, a terrific foundation, BUT...

it broke me out around my jaw. It might have been the fragrance which while present in small amounts is definitely its downside.

So if you're not especially sensitive to fragrance components in foundations then do give this a try.