OPI Over The Taupe

4.8

on 12/5/2010 9:24:00 AM

One of my favourite colours to wear during fall/winter! I use just 2 coats and the colour looks great with my skintone :) I finish it off with either OPI top coat or Seche Vite depends when I put it on.

on 10/15/2010 2:22:00 PM

Has there ever been a more perfect fall nail polish? I don't think so!

The color is unique and different enough to stand out from other traditional polishes, yet everyone I've shown it to loves it. It goes on smooth, but takes about two coats. I bought back in June, and wore it throughout the summer, and now I'm looking forward to have my nails match the beautiful look of autumn. Do yourself a favor and buy this nail polish! You won't regret it.

on 10/11/2010 9:44:00 PM

Colorwise, this deserves a 5. An unique, not quite brown, not quite taupe that goes with just about everything, Over the Taupe is great (especially for this time of year).

However, the problem I had was with the formula...it was a bit watery and translucent; two coats were barely enough to be completely opaque.

on 10/2/2010 10:39:00 PM

This polish is hands down the classiest color for the fall. Its a little lighter than YDKJ & I prefer it over the aforementioned color because it looks fantastic on my pale freckled skin. The thing I love about this polish the most is the formula. Im a messy polisher, and everytime I use OTT I get the most perfect, flawless mani that requires minimal to no cleanup. Get it, you'll LOVE.

on 9/15/2010 12:27:00 AM

Fabulous medium shade of taupe. It works perfectly with my medium asian skin tones. It's one of my top 5 polishes :)

on 9/6/2010 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a great dupe for Chanel's 505, and actually even better because it's a little darker so it won't look too pale. It's a beautiful brownish mauve color like a milk chocolate brown,with a bit of greyish tone and looks so chic & classy.Not too dark, not too light, it's great for fall & winter. Also I noticed it looks even better with a slightly longer nails with just 2 coats.

on 9/2/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Very pretty creamy brown nail polish. Not too dark and not light enough to be considered a nude on my pale hands. Very flattering and work appropriate color. Staying power is similar to other OPI colors. Would be a good polish choice for fall and winter especially.

on 8/29/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great colour! I have gotten several compliments on Over the Taupe. It's a brownish mauve colour - whether you go outside or inside, it doesn't really change too much. No sparkles or glitter but that's okay. It's a really subtle but chic polish that you can either wear to the office or for a night out. I borrowed this from a friend at work and will definitely be picking up my own bottle for a future mani! For reference, my skin tone is a C4 or NC35.

on 8/7/2010 5:57:00 PM

This was my first venture into the whole gray/mushroom nail varnish hype. This product was very hyped up on blogs and youtube so I had to try it. I love this colour even though most people think it looks awful I think it looks very chic. It is a mushroomy taupe and it glides on and dries to a nice shiny finish. It lasts better than some OPI nail varnishes but I do believe a good top coat and base coat make all the difference. I look forward to wearing it again this coming fall.

on 8/6/2010 4:17:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite OPI color. It's polished and sophisticated without being so dark. I don't care what anyone says, I do and will wear it year round.

I don't have a problem with this particular color being runny. Two coats and I'm good to go. It lasts a good 10 days on me with my Out The Door Top Coat.

It's hard to find it in stores. I ordered mine off of eBay for about $7. I love it! : )

Popular Polishes