July 22, 2014 | 2271 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetkt26

I used this last night on my bleached hair with a 10 volume developer and my hair is grayish purple. I bought it at Karen's Beauty Supply and the girl there told me to leave it in for 15-20 minutes. I look like a senior citizen. Can anyone offer some advice on how to correct this? I want to cry.

There is a tip below that lemon juice will help and I have read in a few forums that putting ketchup on my hair will help too. Any comments?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by cutie19999

I am DEVASTATED! (sorry for the drama) BUT - I have been sporting the platinum blonde look for 4 months now.

Although it's a totally high maintenance look, I love it! After much - MUCH - trial and error I found a bleach and toner (T18WL) that I can count on with beautiful results. The current crisis is this - I went out yesterday to get my monthly supplies (Sallys Beauty) and went to grab my T18WL when I noticed the box had changed. It said T18, but no longer said White Lady on it - it had the words "ASH" printed on the box! Ash terrifies me! I stay away from all color products with the word in it! So the sales woman talked me into an entirely different line of bleach products and a Color Balance Ion Creme something (DISASTER!) I had to rebleach my hair and it's in SAD SAD condition! Can someone tell me if in fact, the T18 that now says "Ash" on it is in fact my beloved T18WL. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Sandy2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

All i can say is that i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product,i recently went all blonde on top (my natural color is a very dark brown color,about a level 4-5) and whenever i bleach my new growth (roots) they always come out a canary-ish yellow color i just put on the white lady and bam im all good and my hair looks awesome. Prior to going all blonde on top i had chunky highlights w.plat blonde and a level 3 weaved in between VERY DARK almost black,so when i put bleach on it,it could only lift to a level 8? so toning the plat.w/the level 8 made my hair look awesome,very natural tones,almost like new highlights,a med pale blonde w/platinum highlights,i love it,ive been using this product for about 5 yrs now and i would never say anything bad about it :D

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Rethinkmyname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVED the color! I wanted white/purple/sliver and this toner did just that, but it didn't last. I left it in for about 45 minutes, it came out beautiful but the color only lasted like four days and washing my hair became the grossest process ever. Yes I used a purple shampoo and conditioner :/ if anyone could suggest some ways of making this stuff last I'd appreciated it :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MissHarleyQuinn

Jeez laweez, I can't believe all the terrible reviews on this toner, but let me tell you why. I'm naturally a level like, 3 or 4? I have med-dark brown hair, and I'm a platinum blonde now. When I don't feel like spending over a 125 to get my hair done, I let my friend (an aveda grad) do it in her kitchen for like 20 bucks and this is what we've learned - you cannot leave this stuff on for more than a few minutes, especially if you've been using a high level developer to bleach it and the pores in your hair are still very much open. If you rinse it out when you notice it's starting to turn, it will turn out BEAUTIFUL. I've never had an issue with this stuff coming out anything other than perfectly white-blonde. I have pretty awesome hair, too. I wouldn't put anything on my hair if I had the slightest doubt that it would ruin it. I used it on my friend's hair, too, when I took a strand of it from black to platinum, and you just have to pay attention to it the entire time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Starzzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used have bleached, pale yellow hair. I heard so many good things about this toner, sure enough.. the wonderful comments were true! This toner is amazing. Leaves my blonde hair super white. On the down side, it doesn't make my hair feel so great afterwards (Good conditioner will do the trick) but that happens with any toner mixed with peroxide. This toner is my favorite when I'm blonde.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by iloveyallsreviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do my own hair i bleach certain parts & after having black hair and going somwhat blonde i would say i would use a toner this is my goto toner if silver lady is out but they both depend i would recomend this one over silver lady if you have the certain orange or yellow tones you jsut have to read up on which one fits best but i would die without this toner & purple shampoo a must by for blondes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. This product just saved my ass! I am naturally a medium brown with light goldish highlights. I wanted to go to a cool almost platinum blonde. I lightened my hair with Ion Powder Lightener and 30 vol, for about 30 minutes and was left with this bright banana yellow color. My fault- I should have waited longer to take it out but it's so hard to tell when my hair is wet, since it looks orange no matter what.I didn't want to bleach it again and fry my hair so I searched around online and I found great reviews on the White Lady.

I put it in my hair after I shampoo'd with Shimmer lights and very lightly towel dried. It took about 10 minutes to get my whole head. I did the top of my head last. Then I waited about 5 more minutes when my hair looked dark grey and purpley...rinsed it out, conditioned with Ion Intensive Treatment conditioner for about 3 minutes, and now my hair is a gorgeous champagne blonde. Exactly what I was looking for the first time. And really little damage. It looks just about the same texture as before.

I was freaking out because there's a party being thrown in my honor the day after tomorrow, and I did NOT want to go with bright yellow hair. Thank God for this stuff! Totally saved me from several hours of embarassment!

PS Check out my pics to see the before and after

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by KelSlo

LOVE this toner.I wear white/platnium/pale ash blonde color majority of the time and this gets that crisp white tone.I apply it on damp hair and take it off after 5 minutes..it grabs so longer than that you will have violet hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by LoVeRiTzY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i need help!!
when i was going blonde i saw on a video someone using this stuff and saying it removes the brassiness and gets you snow white hair. So i had some parts of my hair yellow from the old colour and blonde in the back and front. I bought the stuff from a beauty supply. Wonderful price and all. they stylist that said she had 30 yrs ex under her belt told me to leave it in for 40 mins and if i leave it in for a while it wont go grey or purple. So i though i do a strand test. it seemed ok when i did the strand test( which took 3 mins to remove the the yellow. So it started to go grey. i washed it out with the blue shampoo and now my hair is silver. I do not want that i want white white. I need help and finding a different toner from wella like white ivory or something. I need the white effect. I think this product is great if u want a silver or maybe its my hair. Ppppllleeaaasseee help me!!!!!!

thanks ppls!!!!