April 23, 2014 | 1366 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Starzzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used have bleached, pale yellow hair. I heard so many good things about this toner, sure enough.. the wonderful comments were true! This toner is amazing. Leaves my blonde hair super white. On the down side, it doesn't make my hair feel so great afterwards (Good conditioner will do the trick) but that happens with any toner mixed with peroxide. This toner is my favorite when I'm blonde.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by iloveyallsreviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do my own hair i bleach certain parts & after having black hair and going somwhat blonde i would say i would use a toner this is my goto toner if silver lady is out but they both depend i would recomend this one over silver lady if you have the certain orange or yellow tones you jsut have to read up on which one fits best but i would die without this toner & purple shampoo a must by for blondes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. This product just saved my ass! I am naturally a medium brown with light goldish highlights. I wanted to go to a cool almost platinum blonde. I lightened my hair with Ion Powder Lightener and 30 vol, for about 30 minutes and was left with this bright banana yellow color. My fault- I should have waited longer to take it out but it's so hard to tell when my hair is wet, since it looks orange no matter what.I didn't want to bleach it again and fry my hair so I searched around online and I found great reviews on the White Lady.

I put it in my hair after I shampoo'd with Shimmer lights and very lightly towel dried. It took about 10 minutes to get my whole head. I did the top of my head last. Then I waited about 5 more minutes when my hair looked dark grey and purpley...rinsed it out, conditioned with Ion Intensive Treatment conditioner for about 3 minutes, and now my hair is a gorgeous champagne blonde. Exactly what I was looking for the first time. And really little damage. It looks just about the same texture as before.

I was freaking out because there's a party being thrown in my honor the day after tomorrow, and I did NOT want to go with bright yellow hair. Thank God for this stuff! Totally saved me from several hours of embarassment!

PS Check out my pics to see the before and after

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by KelSlo

LOVE this toner.I wear white/platnium/pale ash blonde color majority of the time and this gets that crisp white tone.I apply it on damp hair and take it off after 5 minutes..it grabs so longer than that you will have violet hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by LoVeRiTzY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i need help!!
when i was going blonde i saw on a video someone using this stuff and saying it removes the brassiness and gets you snow white hair. So i had some parts of my hair yellow from the old colour and blonde in the back and front. I bought the stuff from a beauty supply. Wonderful price and all. they stylist that said she had 30 yrs ex under her belt told me to leave it in for 40 mins and if i leave it in for a while it wont go grey or purple. So i though i do a strand test. it seemed ok when i did the strand test( which took 3 mins to remove the the yellow. So it started to go grey. i washed it out with the blue shampoo and now my hair is silver. I do not want that i want white white. I need help and finding a different toner from wella like white ivory or something. I need the white effect. I think this product is great if u want a silver or maybe its my hair. Ppppllleeaaasseee help me!!!!!!

thanks ppls!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

After realizing I had at one time or another colored my hair just about every color known to humankind, it dawned on me that, while I had gone a darkish honey blond a couple of times, I'd never gone platinum. Needing to shake things up with my hair, I got on the internet and began reseaching forums and blogs to figure out the most surefire, safest way to proceed and headed for my neighborhood Sally Beauty.

It took me 3 bleachings (using Wella Wellista, I believe it's called and Sally's peroxide 60) to get most of the color out but some random carrot-colored and cotton-candy colored stripes remained. Not wanting to subject my hair to further damage with yet another bleaching, I decided to go to the toner and see if i lived up to its reputation. I did pay particular attention to advice from other users to NOT exceed 5-10 minutes of the toner application or it could go very lilac/gray in color which I didn't want, so I split the difference and left it develop for 8 minutes and then rinsed.

One word...WOW!!!! Not only did it remove all traces of the orange and pink remnants, but my hair is an even more gorgeous shade of platinum than I could have imagined.

I'm so pleased with how the platinum turned out that I'm going to stock up on the T18 White Lady Toner. Out of the spectrum of colors to whiich I have subjected my hair, this platinum trumps all the others (think Gwen Stefani or Jean Harlow platinum).

And now for the "sad" part...Going from black to mahogany and now to platinum, I'm forced to go buy myself several new makup shades that complement my new hair color (what a perfect excuse to go to Sephora, LOL!).

I highly recommend this toner and say in all honesty that I couldn't be happier with my new color and I know a big part of that is due to the White Lady toner. If you have healthy hair and have ever thought about taking the leap to platinum, make sure this product is on your list!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by simonmi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started with bleached blonde hair that was a little too yellow for my liking. This toner turned my hair an awful lilac shade.

**TIP** if you have used this product and it did the same to your hair, here's how to get rid of the purple: Mix 3 parts lemon juice to one part conditioner and saturate hair with the mix.

Lightly towel dry and blow dry til almost completely dry, finish off with just rinsing hair with lemon juice and styling as usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by LAplatinumblonde23

Love this toner, I have several bottles of it right now so I don't run out at the last moment. It gives the platinum blonde results that I want. It sometimes turns my hair grey, but only if i wash my hair with hot water first, which makes the hair more porous. The only other bad thing about this is the bottle should be a two ounce instead of a 1.45

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

***UPDATE***
Wella has changed their packaging, it isn't in a yellow and white box anymore, it comes in a pale blue and white box now. And yes, The T18 Ash Blonde IS the same as White Lady. The lady at Sally's reassured me it was the same thing. It turns the bright purple as always and everything. Dif name, dif packaging. I used it tonight and worked great as always. On another note, I've found the best way is to just let the gray/purple fade unfortunately :( hope this helps ya'll!!

I used 40 vol and quick blue, then I toned with White Lady mixed with 20 vol. I applied it quickly, let it sit for 5 mins and rinsed. It is a gorgeous white-blonde. Everyone's hair is different, but I speak for many when I say "don't leave it in more than 10 minutes!" That's when hair starts to turn purple and gray. Also, when mixed with the developer it should turn a bright electric purple! Mix it completely and let sit for a bit, until it's the right shade. I swear by this stuff :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

Probably one of, if not the best toners in the world. Also, Clairol has discontinued EVERY colour of their Clairol Creme Toners...so Wella is all that's left (sadly P&G owns Wella, as well as Clairol..so let's hope Wella toners stay around).
I bleach my hair to a very pale white/yellow. I then tone with White Lady T18 and 20 volume creme developer. I leave it on about 15, maybe 20 mins. After washing and deep conditioning, I am left with snow white hair. Not a hint of yellow. NO grey tone, NO purple tone, NO blue tone...just snow white hair. I love it!!!! Also, my hair is left shiny, healthy looking with superb texture! Thanks Wella, and Procter and Gamble...leave your hands off Wella Creme Toner!!!