January 30, 2015 | 1962 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8 with Passionfruit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm a fan of the original burt's bees so i was hoping i would like this product for using under my lip gloss in the summer.

i am quite fair but it left my lips looking whitish (which did not help the fact i did not sleep much) and when i layered my lip gloss over it the whitish stuff made my lips look chalky and weird.

i think i'll just stick to nivea sunscreen lip balm spf 30 or MAC lip conditioning stick spf 15 (i hate pot lip balms, they're so icky - GERMS)... and keep the original burt's for when it's not so sunny out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by werewolfbarmitzvah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm also a woman of color, this did leave a white cast one my very pigmented lips. Everything else with this lip balm is fine, the smell is nice and it is pretty moisturizing. I would steer away from this one since the other balms that Burt's Bees makes are much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a fan of the regular BB lip balm so I thought I would try the BB with sunscreen for summer. Bad idea! This is not for women of color. Instead of going on translucent, this gives a white cast to your lips. If your lips are are darker, it looks really bad on. I paid 3.99 at Target and I wish I had just gotten the regular balm.

If you want a balm with sunscreen, I suggest lip balms by Kiss My Face. They have sunscreen too but go on clear.

I definitely won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by iLyma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees Original Lip Balm, but haven't really liked any of the variations. Sadly, this one was no different. The smell is unpleasingly synthetic to me, maybe that's how passionfruit is supposed to smell? The consistency is dry and leaves a white cast, leaving my lips looking decidedly corpse-like. I like that it has SPF8, that's the reason I tried it in the first place, but the product isn't much use if I loathe to apply it.