Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

I liked how this applied -- nice and smooth. The color really popped on me too. I loved it! It thickened my lashes well, but didn't add any length. Overall, I was impressed. It didn't clump, it didn't flake, and it stayed on through out the day. I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I think this mascara does a great job of thickening your lashes. It won't add tonnes of length, but I do find that Almay mascaras do a great job of making your lashes healthier. I also find that they are bit too wet when they're fresh and that they tend to work better after a week or so. All-in-all a pretty good thickening mascara!

Bought this after getting irritated eyes from previous mascaras. I was happy with this product in that it did not cause any irritation, and so the claim that it is for 'sensitive' eyes was true in my case.

I prefer my mascara to be a little more dramatic - it wasn't quite thickening enough for me. However, I did find that applying the formula of this mascara using a different brush really helped. So a big thumbs up for the formula, but the brush isn't great if you want a more dramatic look.

Although nothing could replace Prestige My Biggest Lashes as my HG mascara, this is a very close second and I always purchase it if my beloved Prestige is not available.

I've never been too terrible concerned with lengthening formulas because I typically wear glasses anyway. My main focus is on lifting them up and building volume. Due to vision problems, I don't trust myself with an eyelash curler and eye makeup in general can sometimes be a PITA for me to apply. I typically like to keep it simple as far as eye makeup goes and this mascara is great for everyday use.

Things I love:
Price-usually under $6

No funky smell

Does not make my lashes overly stiff or cause any burning/itchiness/irritation of my eyes. Sooo many mascaras for this reason alone have been tossed in the trash because my eyes are so sensitive.

The length of the applicator wand is short which really helps me get up close and get all those little corner lashes lifted. The brush is small but not skinny or one of the rubbery brushes that bend. Although they have their benefits, I am not a fan of those types of brushes. Big, fluffy tapered brushes seem to work best for creating volume. Definitely a fan of this applicator as it really helps me lift my lashes.

Drawbacks are that this is definitely not a "dramatic" mascara. then again, it doesn't really claim to be...but it does claim to be Once Coat and I found 2-3 coat to be ideal any more more it can get a bit clumpy. Did it create lots of thickness? Hmm, maybe a little but nothing that any average drugstore mascara can't do.

All in all, this a great mascara for a work/everyday looks, for anyone with vision issues that might want an easier way to apply mascara (the short wand really has helped me) or for anyone who doesn't want to curl their lashes but still wants lift. It's cheap and Almay doesn't test on animals. Pretty sure I will always have this one in my stash!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!
HG for sure.
Though, I do have long lashes to begin with...Either way, this makes them much more thick and long and I feel like putting it on is good for my lashes. Or at least it doesn't harm them in any way like other mascara tends to do.
Will certainly purchase again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I can use that doesn't irritate or burn my eyes. It does tend to clump a bit, but not much more than other mascaras.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know why this is marketed as a thickening mascara...I noticed nothing like that. It was remarkably watery and
pretty much cemented my lashes together and made them look spiky. Not only this, the formula REALLY irritated my eyes . I mean serious, serious burning.

That said, the wateriness did make the color very, very black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara does stay on really well, which is normally a big problem for me, and it does really separate the lashes, but, it doesn't actually thicken them much. I normally like to really wiggle the wand in at the base of my lashes so that they appear really thick, but I can't do that with this one because the brush is so stiff that if i put it close near the roots of my lashes, it kind of pulls and scratches and hurts,and because of that, i can't get the look i want with i....so, i won't be repurchasing, but by no means do i think it's bad mascara, just a very stiff scratchy wand!

This is probably my favorite drugstore mascara. I have tiny, almost colorless lashes that are virtually invisible without mascara. This has a gentle formula and a brush that is small enough to bring out tiny lashes. I'd like a little more thickness/volume, but that's hard to achieve with my lousy natural lashes. I think this is the best result possible with an inexpensive brand (I'd love to buy Lancome L'Extreme, but just can't justify the cost right now!).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall I'm liking this mascara. I used to be a Maybelline/L'oreal mascara girl (imo they have the best mascaras available at this price point. Waterproof Turbo Volume Express was a former HG.) However lately I've been much more conscious about using cruelty-free brands. I'm not going to lie, it's hard to find a "natural" or cruelty-free mascara that stays put and does it's job (nothing to say about holding a curl.). This is pretty nice though. It doesn't hold a curl as say, Full and soft; but it does offer pleasant length and a good bit of volume. Doesn't seem to migrate too much/no flaking thus far. Give it a try! I'm a eye-rubber + glasses wearer and this has been a pretty gentle option.

Popular Mascaras