Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Pressed Bronzer - Med to Dark

4.6

Talc, Mica, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Inositol, Lauryl Lysine, Macuna Prurlens Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Phospholipids, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

on 6/23/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this a while ago on eBay for between $7 - $8. The actual retail price ranges anywhere between $13-$15 (a little pricey for someone like me who usually goes for drugstore brands). I needed a bronzer, and I've tried some of PF's blushes/finishing powders before, and liked those, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

When I got this, I thought that the packaging was very pretty. It's sort of a translucent red/brown chunky compact. Says "Bronze Booster" in gold letters on the cover with a picture of a sun in the middle. Inside under the cover is a mirror. The product sits on it's own movable "dish." Under the dish is a brush.

I don't really care for the brushes that come with PF powders. I find that they're a little too stiff for even application. It tends to make the product look streaky, from my experience. I prefer using a kabuki, or a flat-top powder brush.

In the pan, this appears as a very warm, shimmery light brown. I actually have fair-medium skin, but I figured I could get away with the Medium-Dark shade if I apply carefully. And it still does complement my skin tone very well (I have yellow undertones). It is quite pigmented, and it builds up nicely. I think it's important to layer on bronzer and buffing carefully, to avoid that weird ruddy look.

I've also grown accustomed to using this bronzer for light contouring under my cheekbones. It doesn't appear that shimmery at all on the skin. There's a slight "glowyness" to it, but it doesn't look like I've got chunks of glitters sitting on my face. Doesn't make me look orange at all.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this has not broken me out. PF is a pretty acne-friendly makeup line.

I find that this will usually last longer throughout the day if I apply a primer/setting powder beneath it. On my naked, oily skin, it will only last for a few hours.

Overall, I'm happy with this product. I'd definitely recommend it to someone with sensitive/acneic skin, looking for a shimmery, glowy bronzer.

on 6/23/2010 12:04:00 PM

This is the best bronzer I've tried. I love that it has a matte finish and very little shimmer/sparkles. It lasts all day long, and you really don't need much. A little goes a long way. It has a nice natural look to it if you want to fake a healthy looking tan, just add some blush and you're good. The packaging is nice too.

on 6/21/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best bronzer ever, I absolutely LOVE it. It's buildable for whatever color you'd like, and can be used as a contour or an all-over bronzer. It definitely makes a big difference, too, without going orange on you-- a good bronze color. For drugstore, it's on the expensive side, around $15 is what I purchased it at-- but the quality makes up for it. Not to mention adorable packaging! This is a HG for me and works better than department store/sephora brands. I'm glad I finally found the right bronzer for me :)

on 6/12/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this bronzer when I first got it because it was not too orangy however it began to break me out. I only broke out where I would apply it so its probably from this bronzer. I take a break from it however when I try it again I break out!..but.. it has a nice balance of shimmer and matte and it is a really pretty color. However it needs to be applied with a light hand because its very pigminted. overall,,I loved the product and it went on smooth however it broke me out :(

on 6/12/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a bronzing fanatic so I'm always trying new bronzers. I decided to give this bronzer a try and LOVE it. It's honestly the perfect color for any skin color and you can make it as light or as dark as you want it by layering. Is not orange at all which is what I find with a lot of different bronzers.

on 6/6/2010 2:58:00 PM

LOVE this bronzer! I picked it up at rite aid BOGOF, but its a bit pricey ($15!!!) for a DS bronzer if there's no sale. I love how it looks very natural on my face. There's no orange or red tones once applied and it gives me a very believable and natural tan look with a bit of glow. The shimmer in the compact is not obvious once its on the face, it blends into a healthy summer tanned glow. I haven't noticed any self tanner effect, but I've always applied this after foundation.. Its very pigmented and not chalky at all, and its so easy to blend so it won't ever look muddy. I'm very impressed.

on 5/29/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great bronzer. I was using BE Faux Tan before which is good but I prefer a pressed powder, and this is perfect. The tan color is very realistic, not orangey at all, and it is easy to blend. I love it and it's becoming my HG.

on 7/21/2009 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

-LOVE this bronzer
-Gives gorgeous tan color
-Slight shimmer in sun, nothing overbaring
-A lot in package..has lasted me a while
-Favorite bronzer ever

on 7/7/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I really love this bronzer. It's not orangey like most bronzers I've encountered. It has a subtle golden shimmer. You can't even tell though, unless you look for it in the mirror up close. Therefore, it really does give you a nice glow.
I got the darkest medium-dark which was surprisingly light compared to many other bronzers. I was scared to buy it because of that at first. But, I'm here loving it. It's a probably 2-3 shades darker than my skin tone, so it's awesome as a bronzer/contour. It's not an obvious kind of bronzed look, it's like I just went to the beach a few hours ago.

Aw man, I really do love it.
The fact that it's a few shades darker than me allows me to be able to use it year round. =)

I don't think this would work for anyone darker than me. I have pictures of myself if you want to see what shade I am. I'm actually wondering if the light-medium would be my skintone and if I could use it as a face powder. haha. I'll see.

Yeah, it sucks for people darker than me though.
I'm lovin it though. =)

on 6/29/2009 3:06:00 PM

I was surprised how nice, not orangey color is this bronzer. Looks very natural, shimmer is not strong, quite subtle. I've been using it for 2months and see not difference in skin color, but I'm using it last, after the foundation so maybe it doesn't absorb enough to make me tan. It's little expensive for DS but I really think it's worth it because of its nice tan shade. It's sheer and has a little "reddish" undertone to it, which is good...it makes me look believebly tan as if i spent too much time at the beach and got a liitle sunburned. I know it sounds stupid to say that it's attractive to look sunburned but I prefer beachy tan to orange fake face. This bronzer looks natural. definitely repurchase.
(I'm giving 4- included brush sucks)

Popular Bronzers