Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 9/12/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for several weeks now and am quite happy with the results. The powder is finely milled and very silky and holds back the shine for 3-4 hours, which is better than anything else I've tried, the best I usually get is 1-2 hours before I need to start mopping up the oil slick. I apply this with a powder puff and it doesn't look at all cakey. I also love that this powder doesn't have any shimmer to it, which only makes my combination/oily skin look worse.

The colour is fairly light so this might not work for anyone with medium-dark skin and the finish might be too matte for anyone with skin that is on the dry side.

Price notwithstanding, I will definitely buy this again unless I find something better. For me, this is definitely a keeper.

on 9/7/2011 1:19:00 PM

This is a below average product. First, it's false advertising: it is not translucent at all -- I can't see how this would work for anybody but pale ladies, considering I use it when my skin is in its lighter range and I'm only NC25. It sets my makeup okay, but it leaves a powdery, ashy cast and doesn't sink into my skin until a few hours later. And unfortunately a few hours after that, it disappears and doesn't control oil at all. Honestly I like my NYC loose powder more, since it looks more natural and less powdery immediately after application, and lasts longer. I'd normally give this a 2, but because of the outrageous price and undeserved hype relative to mediocre quality, I'm knocking it down to 1.

on 8/25/2011 11:32:00 AM

I love this powder and until I discovered Christian Dior Capture Totale loose powder it was all I used.

It has a lovely fine texture and it really is translucent, it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation at all, which a lot of others have.

Would definitely buy this again.

on 8/14/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is not translucent! I use it to pale down dark foundation and it works well for this. It seems to sit on top of my foundation and gives a very obviously powdery result. I love it for setting my concealer under my eyes and it keeps it there all day. Not worth the crazy price.

on 8/6/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heaven! This is my first ever powder and I must say that I'm in love! It really does excatly what I want and I'm glad I decided to splurge. I use a full coverage cream stick foundation and it sets it very well and it doesn't look as if your wearing powder at all; very natural! I was afraid that this powder wouldn't be translucent on dark skin tones but it really is.

Don't take off the entire stick just half because a little goes a long way with this powder. If you're looking for dewy skin, this isn't for you. It's for people that want a matte look and it isn't drying at all and I live in Chicago and first tried this in the winter of this year when we had that brutal snow storm that shut down the city. I've also used it during the humid months of summer and it's lovely.

This is what a translucent loose powder looks like! ^^

on 7/2/2011 8:00:00 AM

It's not bad, but no where near as good as my HG MUFE's. I gave this to my sister and went back to my HG as I found it too drying in some areas on my face. I also think MUFE's offers a more natural and matte finish.

Best Powder EVER!!!!!!! It may not be the cheapest but really sets your makeup with a beautiful finish, yet it dosent look like you have powder on. Highly Recommended

on 6/26/2011 8:53:00 PM

This is the best powder I have ever used and I give it the highest marks in this category. I use it for setting liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. I use the Translucent shade and apply with a large powder brush. It goes on more matte with a powder brush but if you want a softer look you can use the Laura Mercier soft puff that comes in the Flawless Face kit. I don't use this for touch-ups; I use Clean & Clear blotting sheets &/or MAC Blot Powder.

on 6/25/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

While this powder is incredibly light and fine, it looks dry, dry, dry on my skin. Not an attractive look.

on 6/1/2011 6:16:00 PM

I bought this powder after it was recommended by an SA at Sephora for oily skin. I wanted a loose powder instead of a pressed powder (she highly recommended the pressed Smooth Focus because she uses it for her oily skin). It's finely milled with a hint of ivory color but goes on sheer for the most part. I prefer using a powder brush to distribute a light layer onto my face because I feel like using a powder puff first doesnt spread it well enough since the powder is so finely milled. You'll just end up with dots on your face from the sifter. This powder reminds me of powders like MUFE HD powder but it isnt quite as finely milled but pretty close. I didnt want the white color (even though it's supposed to go on sheer, it isnt always the case) so that's why I like the LM translucent powder because it's off-white.

As far as how it works for an oily face, it does a decent job- even in the heat. Do I think there is a better powder to be found for alot less than $34? Yes, and I'm going to find it. But I do think this one is worth a try to purchase and see if it does work. IF you're looking for pressed, then I would definitely check into the one mentioned in the first paragraph.

Recommended for Normal Skin