April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Heaven! This is my first ever powder and I must say that I'm in love! It really does excatly what I want and I'm glad I decided to splurge. I use a full coverage cream stick foundation and it sets it very well and it doesn't look as if your wearing powder at all; very natural! I was afraid that this powder wouldn't be translucent on dark skin tones but it really is.

Don't take off the entire stick just half because a little goes a long way with this powder. If you're looking for dewy skin, this isn't for you. It's for people that want a matte look and it isn't drying at all and I live in Chicago and first tried this in the winter of this year when we had that brutal snow storm that shut down the city. I've also used it during the humid months of summer and it's lovely.

This is what a translucent loose powder looks like! ^^

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Upset

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's not bad, but no where near as good as my HG MUFE's. I gave this to my sister and went back to my HG as I found it too drying in some areas on my face. I also think MUFE's offers a more natural and matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by ScorpioMamii90210

Best Powder EVER!!!!!!! It may not be the cheapest but really sets your makeup with a beautiful finish, yet it dosent look like you have powder on. Highly Recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bickpen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder I have ever used and I give it the highest marks in this category. I use it for setting liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. I use the Translucent shade and apply with a large powder brush. It goes on more matte with a powder brush but if you want a softer look you can use the Laura Mercier soft puff that comes in the Flawless Face kit. I don't use this for touch-ups; I use Clean & Clear blotting sheets &/or MAC Blot Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While this powder is incredibly light and fine, it looks dry, dry, dry on my skin. Not an attractive look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this powder after it was recommended by an SA at Sephora for oily skin. I wanted a loose powder instead of a pressed powder (she highly recommended the pressed Smooth Focus because she uses it for her oily skin). It's finely milled with a hint of ivory color but goes on sheer for the most part. I prefer using a powder brush to distribute a light layer onto my face because I feel like using a powder puff first doesnt spread it well enough since the powder is so finely milled. You'll just end up with dots on your face from the sifter. This powder reminds me of powders like MUFE HD powder but it isnt quite as finely milled but pretty close. I didnt want the white color (even though it's supposed to go on sheer, it isnt always the case) so that's why I like the LM translucent powder because it's off-white.

As far as how it works for an oily face, it does a decent job- even in the heat. Do I think there is a better powder to be found for alot less than $34? Yes, and I'm going to find it. But I do think this one is worth a try to purchase and see if it does work. IF you're looking for pressed, then I would definitely check into the one mentioned in the first paragraph.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by laurajones

The packaging, the scent, and the silky feel of this product are amazing, and as a bonus it looks as though the pot would last you a good year or two. This would all be great if the product wasnt total rubbish. My foundation looks better without this. Anyone who wants to look dewy or radiant this is not what you want..because it takes all the glow off my face. It looks dry on my skin, and when i go over a dry bit it clings to the dry patch and doesnt blend properly and i look awfull. "Flawless" is definatley NOT the word to describe how i look with this on. On the plus side it does make your makeup last longer, but its so not worth it for the ashy, dry old lady look i get when wearing this.

EDIT. My skin is a LOT less dry with it being summer now..and this product works really well for me now..4/5! However im keeping this review as it is..because for the winter months when i cant help but have dry skin..i stand by what i said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier translucent loose powder (1 oz for $34 usd) is a smooth finely milled setting powder. The product feels very silky and is easy to works with with a small of dust powder flying compare to Coty Airspun. But I would still need to retouch my powder around 4 hours later because my face would becomes shinny. Plus, there is no scent or perfume which is a good thing. Traveling with the package is a little difficult because it can be quite messy to open and close and apply the loose powder. On the other hand, the package is very chic, modern and sturdy but it is best to leave the product at home and bring a pressed compact powder instead because of the powdery mess for a touch up on a go. However, compare to other loose powder packages, Laura Mercier loose setting powder package is one of the best one in the market because the lid closes the product tightly without the powder leaking out and looks very chic and modern. The whole 1 oz jar lasts me for 8 months with a daily use of 1x per a day. Overall, Lara Mercier loose setting powder is a great product to use for setting makeup because it is very silky and finely milled.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hey you dry skined girls, this will not work out for you. This is truley the first powder that has accentuated any dry areas i have. I got this as a free sample so no loss (laura mericer is great for online free samples by the way!) But this even made my undereye area look dry?. My friends even noticed... hope my review will save some of you some money!

I cant comment on staying powder and whatever else but LM is a great brand but this really didnt work out

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWFUL!
This is the first LM product I've used. The most expensive and it doesn't do anything for me. Even using a very light hand, it tugs at my evenly applied foundation, especially on areas where I have blemishes! My foundation lasts better without it, it accentuates my pores to the point they look like craters.

If it wasn't SO expensive, I'd have not felt so enraged and appalled.