July 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used (and loved) Versace Extra Creamy Compact Foundation in V2003. I was convinced nothing would ever compare to this silky, perfectly medium coverage, and ideal shade for my skin-foundation. However Versace ECCF was $40 for .26 oz. (YIKES!) Took me 5-6 weeks to go through a compact. But I dealt with it because it was perfect. One day, though, I had finished my ECCF and didn't have a backup (WTH- I know!), so I bought this on a whim. While not quite as silky, luxurious, or housed as beautifully, this gave me the same finished product. It's not chalky-matte, it has a bit of glow, but not shimmer (nothing like Bare Escentuals, which was full-on frost on my face). Best of all, the Classic Ivory shade is a good match for my skin (the other problem I have with foundations, especially at the drug store). I have been using this now for at least 5 years and dread the day they discontinue it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by cms937

When i was younger (7th-8th grade) i use to use this all the time. Then i stoped wearing makeup except for the eyes, then i stopped wearing make up completely (i lacked caring about my appearance.) One day on a makeup shopping spear at the drug store (i missed make up) i decided to get this product again. I still love it just as i did when i was younger. The sponge it comes with is awsome when im on the go and i get i little oily and need to get me nose or mid forehead. I don't use this to set my make up i use the covergirl Trublend minerals loose mineral powder, but i use this when im not wearing a liquid foundation and it works. I would buy this again for how cheap it was, and i would recomend using this. I love this prodcut its one of my favorites that i always go back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaxkaos

This product is awesome. i love to use it when im in a rush and dont have the time to apply and blend liquid foundation or when i want a matte look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite drugstore powder foundation. I don't know why I stray and keep buying other more $$ expensive powders when I always come back to this one. It work's good at controlling shine,it covers any minor imperfections I may have well. Best of all I find that I don't breakout when I use this, and also it feels lightweight and not all cakey. I'm NC-25 in MAC and get the Ivory shade in this. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

This is an ok powder. Not the best, but it does come with a nice sponge to apply with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder has a great silky texture and leaves a great finish on the skin. The application and coverage is good whether you use the sponge in the compact or a separate brush. It does a good job of concealing redness and absorbing oil. I've never noticed how long it keeps my skin from appearing shiny, but I usually only have to reapply this powder midday aside from it's original application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lapelirroja

Best foundation I have ever used! I have combination skin and always make sure to moisturize first to avoid flaky spots. With a little bit of concealer on my spots plus a dusting of the fresh complexion (i use a powder brush to dust it on) it is perfection! Just touch up with regular powder during the day to keep it fresh looking and it is fabulous. Classic Ivory is a great match for my skin tone and looking at pictures of myself, it's not terribly cakey or noticeable. I hope covergirl never discontinues this product or I will be up the creek!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

Ew. I used this as a setting powder and the results were pretty gross. It's very very matte and almost looks chalky on my skin. Just not what I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed in this product. For a product that feels heavy, powdery, and thick, it delivered flimsy coverage. I get better coverage from setting powder then this foundation powder. The texture was grainy and was difficult to blend. I even tried it with a few different primers and moisturizers with no success. As the day wore on the colour turned darker and orangey on me, began to get cakey, and super shiny. All my pores were on display after a few hours. Not attractive at all and a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ShesDeadlyPoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder everyday as a setting powder. I've been using it for roughly 5 years now. It gives a nice finish and flawlessly matte look at first. It fades rather quickly. I've mostly continued using it because of it's ease of accessibility and how cheap it is. It's not a bad powder, just not that grand. The only reason I still use it is because I haven't found something that I love. I'm not going to switch to something more expensive but just as mediocre. I definitely recommend for the younger crowd though. I started using it my senior year of high school and absolutely loved it back then. I think my skin was just different.