Cover Girl Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

on 1/9/2010 8:37:00 PM

great coverage for a ds powder! however, i couldnt find a color match. im nc20 for reference

on 12/15/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is probably the best powder foundation I've tried at the drugstore! The only other powder foundation I love is Bare Escentuals, but I reach for this little blue baby when I want a matte finish rather than the glowy one that my beloved BE gives me. This provides a light to medium coverage, and I apply using a good quality kabuki brush, and it's never cakey...it's matte, yet natural looking. Covers my large pores nicely and controls oil better than most. I am about a NC37 and use either Soft Honey or Classic Tan depending on how tan I am. Great for touchups throughout the day as well, it's nice to have an all in one product like this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used (and loved) Versace Extra Creamy Compact Foundation in V2003. I was convinced nothing would ever compare to this silky, perfectly medium coverage, and ideal shade for my skin-foundation. However Versace ECCF was $40 for .26 oz. (YIKES!) Took me 5-6 weeks to go through a compact. But I dealt with it because it was perfect. One day, though, I had finished my ECCF and didn't have a backup (WTH- I know!), so I bought this on a whim. While not quite as silky, luxurious, or housed as beautifully, this gave me the same finished product. It's not chalky-matte, it has a bit of glow, but not shimmer (nothing like Bare Escentuals, which was full-on frost on my face). Best of all, the Classic Ivory shade is a good match for my skin (the other problem I have with foundations, especially at the drug store). I have been using this now for at least 5 years and dread the day they discontinue it!

on 9/28/2009 11:21:00 PM

When i was younger (7th-8th grade) i use to use this all the time. Then i stoped wearing makeup except for the eyes, then i stopped wearing make up completely (i lacked caring about my appearance.) One day on a makeup shopping spear at the drug store (i missed make up) i decided to get this product again. I still love it just as i did when i was younger. The sponge it comes with is awsome when im on the go and i get i little oily and need to get me nose or mid forehead. I don't use this to set my make up i use the covergirl Trublend minerals loose mineral powder, but i use this when im not wearing a liquid foundation and it works. I would buy this again for how cheap it was, and i would recomend using this. I love this prodcut its one of my favorites that i always go back to.

on 9/16/2009 8:30:00 PM

This product is awesome. i love to use it when im in a rush and dont have the time to apply and blend liquid foundation or when i want a matte look.

on 9/13/2009 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my all time favorite drugstore powder foundation. I don't know why I stray and keep buying other more $$ expensive powders when I always come back to this one. It work's good at controlling shine,it covers any minor imperfections I may have well. Best of all I find that I don't breakout when I use this, and also it feels lightweight and not all cakey. I'm NC-25 in MAC and get the Ivory shade in this. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 9/10/2009 3:00:00 AM

This is an ok powder. Not the best, but it does come with a nice sponge to apply with.

on 8/28/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder has a great silky texture and leaves a great finish on the skin. The application and coverage is good whether you use the sponge in the compact or a separate brush. It does a good job of concealing redness and absorbing oil. I've never noticed how long it keeps my skin from appearing shiny, but I usually only have to reapply this powder midday aside from it's original application.

on 7/13/2009 11:15:00 AM

Best foundation I have ever used! I have combination skin and always make sure to moisturize first to avoid flaky spots. With a little bit of concealer on my spots plus a dusting of the fresh complexion (i use a powder brush to dust it on) it is perfection! Just touch up with regular powder during the day to keep it fresh looking and it is fabulous. Classic Ivory is a great match for my skin tone and looking at pictures of myself, it's not terribly cakey or noticeable. I hope covergirl never discontinues this product or I will be up the creek!

Ew. I used this as a setting powder and the results were pretty gross. It's very very matte and almost looks chalky on my skin. Just not what I'm looking for.