October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Refined [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by KelseyCashman

it's really natural and pretty =) not glittery like the old msfs, it's more of a sheen as most MUAers have mentioned.
    definitely my fav msf, would repurchase but its LE and all sold out =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went out and bought this after reading all of the glowing reviews on MUA about it. As it turns out, I LOVE this! I have an oily t-zone and Refined doesn't make me look oilier (more oily?) at all! It isn't shimmery or glittery, it's... glowy. I usually apply blush and then apply Refined over it, on my forehead, and on my chin. It makes your skin look amazing.

It's especially awesome because I can't wear bronzer (or rather I haven't found a bronzer that works for me yet) because it makes my face look really red by the end of the day... I end up looking like I have a sunburn! Anyhow, I used to wear bronzer the same way I apply this and this does not make me look bad at all by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by b3rg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first & only msf. It gives you a healthy sun-kissed glow. When I used it all over my face, it is more like a bronzer to me. For a reference I'm NC15. I can also use it as a peachy-nude blush. This msf is very versatile. It can be used as a blush, a highlighter & a light bronzer (if you are fair). Mine has more bronze & less coral (as shown in the picture), so I can use it as a light bronzer or a nude blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So...this was my very first ever in the whole wide WORLD MSF! I didn't even KNOW that's what MSF stood for! haha
    Anyway...I was sad and needed retail therapy, and there was Refined...just hovering around my minds eye like a shining star...*coughs* okay. Moving on! This is BEAUTIFUL! I wasn't sure what to do with it, but i use it over my blush and as a highlight on my cheekbones *obvs* and i teeny bit on my chin and bridge of my nose *gasp* i know.
    Anyway, this will make you look ethereal and delicious, especially on medium skin tones..I personally think this would look great on everyone though!
    Wish they were cheaper :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by photocrazy81

This is actually my first MSF and I think I'm in love! The coloring is just gorgeous. Mine has a good range between all the colors. From coral to peach and tan to gold, all swirled into one. It gives a nice glow to my face all over and a lovely little pinch of color when used as a blush. [for reference I'm an NC30]. I really love to put this color over my other blushes. I would definitely repurchase this a million times over!! If you don't have it, you need it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

refined swatches as a light shimmery peach, and is my favorite of the two msf released in the sugarsweet collection. mine consists of peach, pale pink and light gold veining. this msf is absolutely smooth and makes your skin look beautiful and glowy. i used this a cheek bone/face highlighter, it does a great job. i would recommend this to anyone in the market for a highlighter due to it's buttery smooth texture and flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by jbarba24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This msf is so beautiful. I have not put it down since I bought it. I wear it everyday over my bluses. It gives you such a pretty peachy color. This is one of my favorite msf's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by almost40

Got this yesterday as a gift from my mum and I got the last one instore! After getting perfect topping and being a bit dissapointed,I have to say I love refined!
    I used it this morning over a blush thinking it would just highlight my skin gently but it gave a gorgeous peachy glow.I could use this as a subtle blush,its so pigmented.Mine is mainly peach/gold and a bit of cream...lovely.Im really pleased with this ;o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So so so so so pretty! This and Perfect Topping were the only things I purchased from the Sugar Sweet Collection. So gorgeous in the pan, peach, pink and cream all swirled together and equally gorgeous on my skin. It gives a subtle warm glow when applied on my cheeks with my 187 brush. It's not glittery at all just a soft shimmer.
    On my fair skin (lm nude) it looks like a shimmery peach.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by jcki

When I had first seen the collection online, I hadn't even considered buying refined MSF... but after seeing it in person and swatching it, it's a perfect peachy cheek color!
    One of the things I love about this MSF is that it isn't overly shimmery, like other MSF's (which is why I hadn't considered buying it), but refined makes you look luminous and glowy!
    I prefer this one over perfect topping, because perfect topping seems to be more a highlighter, whereas this could be worn as a highlighter, or built up to a peachy, glowy cheek color!