November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jenngjt

(my skin type at the end)

My friends who have great skin raved about it and I got what must have been 21 days worth of sample.

Started off day and night, and it broke me out with small bumps. Hated it then and stopped completely.

After a long while I gave it another try because I hear so much good things, I wonder why I can't seem to experience it.

The first night I used it, I slept and woke up with skin that had a great visible glow. I didn't notice it until I went to my office mirror (which I look at myself every morning) and was surprised! But I didn't make the connection and continued using it. The glow didn't appear as significant on 2nd day.

To prove that it's due to this product, I stopped using it and then use it once a week. The glow and radiance is indeed due to Genifique.

Since then, I've concluded a few things on this product.
1. When I stop and suddenly use it after a long while, the next-day morning glow is really visible. An overall brightness and radiance I've never seen, even though I didn't sleep well. I now use it once a week, or for special days when I need to look radiant.

2. It leaves my skin (esp cheeks which are sensitive) a little red. No itch, but just a warm sensation and flushed cheeks. No biggie but I think there's something in there that is either working to create that radiance, or reacting with sensitive skin.

3. Use once at night (I layer it on after my Shiseido softener). Or once every other few days if you had a reaction. Some friends with sensitive skin tell me they had reactions as well, and they either use another of lancome's range or use Genifique way less often than once a day. The key is to find a way to work this into your routines!

4. I somehow prefer the older formula, not sure why, but maybe it felt lighter and less thick?

skin type: asian skin, late 20s, no acne, but open pores on T zones + cheeks, slightly sensitive cheeks

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by yeeness

This product made my skin feel smooth and silky, but unfortunately caused break outs too. I used this in conjunction with the Visionnaire (as recommended by the Lancome sales person) and must admit that it was a disappointment. Given the price of these products, I expected much better results.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty useless, but it didn't do any damage (peel, dry out, break out) my skin.
I suppose I'm young enough to not worry about wrinkles.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gkc87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It definitely breaks out! Fortunately, I didn't buy it. Sales assistant gave me about six or seven samples. I tried it one night and woke up to acne next morning. I won't be using the rest of the samples now that I've seen many people have the same complaints as mine. Given the price, I can say that it is totally useless at least for people with combination/acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

I first tried Genifique as I received it as a sample. After a few days I noticed a glow in my skin and able to apply make up a lot better. I'm the type of person who wears FULL makeup daily (i.e. heavy foundation, concealer, thick black eyeliner, blush, mascara, eyeshadow and full lips) and just found that each area of my face had more of a glow. I now swear by this every morning and hoping this will help in the long-term with fine lines and wrinkles. I combine this with the full skin care routine and also Visionaire by Lancome which is also brilliant

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

This product is under rated. I got a sample when buying a fashion magazine, I tried out for 2 nights, I didn't feel a major different then, but my skin felt so comfortable, no dryness like I usually have. So I decided to buy it despite the high price, and it is worth it! My skin become so soft, smooth and has a natur glow. I have very sesitive skin, and it's impossible to tell what kind of product breaks me out, but this product didn't give me any break out at all. If anything, I have less redness and impurities than I usually do. It is a pricy product, I got it tax free at the airport, but I definitely recomend to get a sample to try it first so it doesn't give any break out, because it could work great on some skin but not on others. I am not sure how good it is for very mature skin to reduce wrinkles, because I don't have so much wrinkles, but it definitely give me that youthful soft, smooth and glowing skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

Love the packaging, and this product makes your skin glow and be soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this and I couldn't stand it, thank god I didn't actually buy it. It makes your skin very sticky and doesn't soak in quickly, would never buy when there are way better serums out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bnwhite93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To begin I would like to say I work at a Lancome counter, and for everyone posting reviews disappointed that this product is not helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles that is not what this product is meant to do. Original Genifique is just suppose to activate the genes in the face to give a softer, more supple feeling face with a lit from within glow. The new Advanced Genifique that was launched this month has anti-aging properties, so you may want to try that product instead if you are looking for those types of results. Since I began using this product I have noticed a major difference in my skin. I use it both day and night, after I cleanse and before I moisturizer, and my skin is much softer and has a radiant glow about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I only tried this because I gotlittle samples from where I work (I work at a make up store) and I just decided to go for it. Usually my skin is a little weird and I'll never know if it will react badly to something or not. I'm a little surprised at the rest of the reviews because it hasn't broke me out or anything! No stinging, no redness, it is very gentle. I've only been using it for about a week so I'll have to see how my skin will cope with it in the long term but for now it literally makes my skin as soft as baby skin. It shrinks my pores a bit and it doesn't make me more or less oily (I have oily/combo skin) I gave a neutral rating for the packaging 'cause I only have the sample packets so I can't vouch for the actual bottle quality. I don't necessarily need the anti aging perks but it doesn't hurt to get started early! I find it does do something more than just regular drugstore moisturizers/serums (I usually just use the Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer) and I would say it does work better than that. The price is way out of my budget and it kind of ridiculous if I do say so myself. I said I'd purchase it, but only if it were Christmas or on my birthday...although one bottle probably does last a while.