October 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gkc87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It definitely breaks out! Fortunately, I didn't buy it. Sales assistant gave me about six or seven samples. I tried it one night and woke up to acne next morning. I won't be using the rest of the samples now that I've seen many people have the same complaints as mine. Given the price, I can say that it is totally useless at least for people with combination/acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

I first tried Genifique as I received it as a sample. After a few days I noticed a glow in my skin and able to apply make up a lot better. I'm the type of person who wears FULL makeup daily (i.e. heavy foundation, concealer, thick black eyeliner, blush, mascara, eyeshadow and full lips) and just found that each area of my face had more of a glow. I now swear by this every morning and hoping this will help in the long-term with fine lines and wrinkles. I combine this with the full skin care routine and also Visionaire by Lancome which is also brilliant

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

This product is under rated. I got a sample when buying a fashion magazine, I tried out for 2 nights, I didn't feel a major different then, but my skin felt so comfortable, no dryness like I usually have. So I decided to buy it despite the high price, and it is worth it! My skin become so soft, smooth and has a natur glow. I have very sesitive skin, and it's impossible to tell what kind of product breaks me out, but this product didn't give me any break out at all. If anything, I have less redness and impurities than I usually do. It is a pricy product, I got it tax free at the airport, but I definitely recomend to get a sample to try it first so it doesn't give any break out, because it could work great on some skin but not on others. I am not sure how good it is for very mature skin to reduce wrinkles, because I don't have so much wrinkles, but it definitely give me that youthful soft, smooth and glowing skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

Love the packaging, and this product makes your skin glow and be soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this and I couldn't stand it, thank god I didn't actually buy it. It makes your skin very sticky and doesn't soak in quickly, would never buy when there are way better serums out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bnwhite93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To begin I would like to say I work at a Lancome counter, and for everyone posting reviews disappointed that this product is not helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles that is not what this product is meant to do. Original Genifique is just suppose to activate the genes in the face to give a softer, more supple feeling face with a lit from within glow. The new Advanced Genifique that was launched this month has anti-aging properties, so you may want to try that product instead if you are looking for those types of results. Since I began using this product I have noticed a major difference in my skin. I use it both day and night, after I cleanse and before I moisturizer, and my skin is much softer and has a radiant glow about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I only tried this because I gotlittle samples from where I work (I work at a make up store) and I just decided to go for it. Usually my skin is a little weird and I'll never know if it will react badly to something or not. I'm a little surprised at the rest of the reviews because it hasn't broke me out or anything! No stinging, no redness, it is very gentle. I've only been using it for about a week so I'll have to see how my skin will cope with it in the long term but for now it literally makes my skin as soft as baby skin. It shrinks my pores a bit and it doesn't make me more or less oily (I have oily/combo skin) I gave a neutral rating for the packaging 'cause I only have the sample packets so I can't vouch for the actual bottle quality. I don't necessarily need the anti aging perks but it doesn't hurt to get started early! I find it does do something more than just regular drugstore moisturizers/serums (I usually just use the Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer) and I would say it does work better than that. The price is way out of my budget and it kind of ridiculous if I do say so myself. I said I'd purchase it, but only if it were Christmas or on my birthday...although one bottle probably does last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by divabelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a wrinkle product, it's for radiance, smoothness and softness. It's a "surface" corrector, so to speak. I've been using it every morning for 2 years now, and all I can say is it's my BFF. I also use the Visionnaire at night because over time, it's gotten rid of my forehead wrinkles and the ones from my nose to my mouth, but I will never be without my Genefique!

I have always, (since my 20's even) had scaly, flaky skin on my face...with Genefique doing away with that whole layer of my skin, I don't even have to exfoliate anymore! My skin feels like a babys. and it does it so you'd never notice it happening. Some products are harsh and you go through this horrible red, peeling phase with them before you get to the baby skin underneath...but Genefique has been as gentle as water on my face. I just one day touched my face, and was like "what?? is that really my face??"

I use the Genefique in the morning (for the radiance) and the Visionnaire at night for lines and pore reduction (because skin heals and corrects when we sleep) and my skin wasn't this awesome when I was 30, or even 25!

YES, it's spendy, but it's cheaper (and less traumatic) than going in for a chemical peel, and I will never be without it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for 2 years following cleansing and before moisturizer.. I also use it under a moisturizer on days that I do not wear any makeup. I love it, it will always be in my arsenal of products for my skin and it does what it says.. Is it costly? Yes. Is your skin an investment? Yes. I consider skincare to be much more important than makeup. My skin is radiant, smooth, and looks great for my age.. As long as it exist I will continue to buy it gladly!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received samples of this from a department store. I tried it out for 2 nights & cannot believe the nasty pimples it gave me. I have pretty normal skin & never break out unless its a few days before my period. I didn't change anything else in my skincare routine so I'm positive it was from this product. I would recommend getting a sample before purchasing.