October 25, 2014 | 1200 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is ok. I've moved onto better cleansers, but this one was decent while I used it. It's more gentle than the tea tree cleanser, but still a little drying. It didn't irritate my skin, but somehow my face didn't quite feel clean afterwards, perhaps because I have oily skin. I imagine this cleanser would be pretty good for someone with normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I know the mildness of this cleanser is probably a good thing, but I have very oily skin and just don't feel clean enough after using it! The price is reasonable though and I'm sure it's great for someone with drier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by vanig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternated between this cleanser and their tea tree cleanser for almost a year - since i got them both on discount. I didn't care much for them, as I thought they did little for my skin. It was only when I stopped using them that I realized how good they were . Seaweed kept my skin matte for a long time everyday - better than any other product I've tried so far. My skin was perfect with very few breakouts and even fewer scars thanks to this product. I think it would work well for people with very oily and acne prone skin line me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Emeraldc83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a little over 1 month ago and I have about 3 days worth of product left so it last about 5 - 6 because you only need a quarter size amount. I am using the cleanser, mask, and day & night moisturizer from this line. I also wanted to try the Tea Tree line but the sales lady said that would be to harsh for my skin so I got this, but I am using the fade cream & scrub from the Tea Trea line. I started seeing results after about 2 weeks of use... now that I have been using this for about a month I like it but it is drying my skin out. I had oliy skin in the T-Zone with breakouts mostly on my cheeks. The breakouts dry up fast but like I said now my skin in quite dry, which doesn't make foundation look good. Overall I like this product and if it didn't dry my skin out I would have given it a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

I decided to try this after numerous amount of drugstore, and clinique products. And also I wanted to buy the Tea tree line but the workers didn't let me so i bought this instead since my skin wasn't as major. I like this so much :) I mean it doesn't give you flawless skin, but it does cleanse really good, and it made many of my black heads disappear over a while about 2 - 3 weeks after using it.

It doesn't irritate, its very gentle and it has a really nice scent to it. It makes your skin feel really nice afterwords. I do see a little dry-ness but i apply a good amount of moisturizer after. Which makes everything fine after.

I hope to try the whole seaweed collection !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is nice. It removes dirt and make-up very well, even heavy eye make-up. It also makes my face feel very smooth. Other than that it doesn't work miracles on skin. It hasn't diminished the size of my pores or made my skin less oily (like the saleswoman claimed), but I don't really expect any face wash to do that. A pro is that you only need a very small amount of this product so a tube will last a long time. I've actually been trying to finish mine for weeks and it just won't go empty!
Overall nice product. I would buy this product again, but I am not sure if I will, if you know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought the trial set. It works well for my combination, acne proned skin. I love the foaming cleanser, each time you only need tiny bit of this cleanser. I feel my skin freshen up, brighter and cleaner without the dryness. I love this more than Vit E gentle cleanser. So I will use this at night after my remove my makeup and Vit E for morning. I will get the seaweed makeup remover once I am done with Aloe cleansing lotion.

Update: 02-Nov-09
Bought the cleansing lotion, it is really quite good. It is so light weight and gel like, cleanse well without the tightness. Seems to cleanse better than the Aloe cleansing lotion.Skin is less oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

I got this one instead of the foaming cleanser b/c they ran out, so I gave this one a try & I'm liking it so far. I've only been using it for a week now.
This one doesn't foam up so it actually feels like you're just applying lotion to your face, it's sorta liquidy too so don't expect it to lather up.
The smell is very neutral, not seaweed-smelling at all.
It was I believe $14, so not bad. The packaging is very simply, easy to open & close.
I'm not crazy about this product but I'm definitely going to keep using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by linrainb

It doesn't work so well on my skin. My skin stills a bit oily after the wash. I don't think it works well for oily skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this cleanser, I actually got 2 backups! It's the first time I have found a cleanser that does so much for my skin: it smells good, feels very fresh, and it really balances my skin! My oily T-Zone is less oily and my dry patches are less dry. This is great stuff!