July 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

I decided to try this after numerous amount of drugstore, and clinique products. And also I wanted to buy the Tea tree line but the workers didn't let me so i bought this instead since my skin wasn't as major. I like this so much :) I mean it doesn't give you flawless skin, but it does cleanse really good, and it made many of my black heads disappear over a while about 2 - 3 weeks after using it.

It doesn't irritate, its very gentle and it has a really nice scent to it. It makes your skin feel really nice afterwords. I do see a little dry-ness but i apply a good amount of moisturizer after. Which makes everything fine after.

I hope to try the whole seaweed collection !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is nice. It removes dirt and make-up very well, even heavy eye make-up. It also makes my face feel very smooth. Other than that it doesn't work miracles on skin. It hasn't diminished the size of my pores or made my skin less oily (like the saleswoman claimed), but I don't really expect any face wash to do that. A pro is that you only need a very small amount of this product so a tube will last a long time. I've actually been trying to finish mine for weeks and it just won't go empty!
Overall nice product. I would buy this product again, but I am not sure if I will, if you know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought the trial set. It works well for my combination, acne proned skin. I love the foaming cleanser, each time you only need tiny bit of this cleanser. I feel my skin freshen up, brighter and cleaner without the dryness. I love this more than Vit E gentle cleanser. So I will use this at night after my remove my makeup and Vit E for morning. I will get the seaweed makeup remover once I am done with Aloe cleansing lotion.

Update: 02-Nov-09
Bought the cleansing lotion, it is really quite good. It is so light weight and gel like, cleanse well without the tightness. Seems to cleanse better than the Aloe cleansing lotion.Skin is less oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

I got this one instead of the foaming cleanser b/c they ran out, so I gave this one a try & I'm liking it so far. I've only been using it for a week now.
This one doesn't foam up so it actually feels like you're just applying lotion to your face, it's sorta liquidy too so don't expect it to lather up.
The smell is very neutral, not seaweed-smelling at all.
It was I believe $14, so not bad. The packaging is very simply, easy to open & close.
I'm not crazy about this product but I'm definitely going to keep using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by linrainb

It doesn't work so well on my skin. My skin stills a bit oily after the wash. I don't think it works well for oily skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this cleanser, I actually got 2 backups! It's the first time I have found a cleanser that does so much for my skin: it smells good, feels very fresh, and it really balances my skin! My oily T-Zone is less oily and my dry patches are less dry. This is great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

The photo on this page appears different from what I had in mind... I was looking to review that cleanser in the tube... rather than this one in the picture which shows what I think is the cream cleanser... but there are no others in my search under seaweed so here goes.

The cleanser was nothing special... It's kinda okay in consistency... but cleansing wise just doesn't feel like it's cleansing right.

One thing though, it does smell quite good... but then again it's the kind of smell you can get sick off after a while?

Oh well, that's my two cents - not a very great cleanser... it's okay but not something I'd go for again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bluecloud2

I really like this product, i actually got given it by my grandma by accident as i asked her to pick up the body shop vitamin E cleanser and she picked up this instead (god knows why!). I really like my vitamin E cleanser, it has a lovely smell and thick creamy consistency. The seaweed cleanser has a more runny consistency and does not smell as nice but still does the job. I find both very kind to my skin and remove any excessed make up that i havent taked off with make up wipes brilliantly. My face always feels clean and is never left tight or dry and does not make me break out. I now mix both cleansers in my owns little bottle that has a pump and is easier to pump out onto cotton pads. when mixed together i find i get the nice consistency and smell of the vitamin E cleanser and the purifying elements of the seaweed cleanser. both great products and i would recommend them to anyone.
xx

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by vanities

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't mind the scent, and this cleaned my face of all makeup, but it also over stripped any natural oil as well- leaving my skin super tight, dry, and slightly irritated. Maybe if you have REALLY oily skin it would be OK. It would be better in a pump, (tubes leak in the shower sometimes). I think there are much better cleansers out there for the money... like the foaming version of Cetaphil. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ow it burns! This facial wash doesn't foam up much, smells odd and cleanses ok. But it really irritated my skin. No go. So glad I only have a sample size.