December 22, 2014 | 1721 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - unconditional love

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

sampled it.....like falling in love way..better.....this is a very sweet version of falling in love...after the drydown does not stay fresh for long...kinda sugary drydown of faint berry . falling in love .....is fresh,clean,lil sweet...and it stays fresh in the drydown. nice copy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by NJRipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of Philosophy's Grace fragrances but I really do not like Falling in Love. I find it too heavy, too syrupy & too fruity. Unconditional Love is the Love fragrance for Grace lovers and I adore it! It is sweet and fruity but not at all heady. It has a freshness to it that feels feminine in a grown-up way without being too heavy ad soapy. I have asthma and am prone to migraines with heavy scents and can say that, for me at least, Unconditional Love does not aggravate either - not something I could claim with most commercial fragrances. Another plus is that, like all the other Philosophy fragrances, Unconditonal Love has a way of being 'your' scent rather than being so recognisable from across the room that everyone knows your perfume before you've been introduced!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by txgal85

Love this scent - very smooth berry and vanilla mix, but the lasting power is awful on me! I spray this on and 2 hours later it's gone. I bought the layering set with the body butter too, so I was layering the scent. Philosophy really needs to work on the lasting power of their scents, but for now this one is going back to Nordy's.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this perfume. This is the first Philosophy fragrance that lasts on me and doesn't give me a migraine. It has a vanilla berry type scent, but not overly sweet or fruity. I bought it in the layering gift set. The body butter is nice as well and is true to the scent.

ETA: I've cannot wear this scent anymore. It gives me such a headache.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by peachiekawaii

Got it as a sample for free. Would not buy again. It is way to 'old' for me and not the kind of foody fragrance you want to eat. Way too strong on me and a strange combination of notes. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after a whiff and a spray. It instantly reminded me of Fresh Sugar, very much so. The spritz on my wrist lasted 4 hours, which is ok considering it only cost $40 a bottle. It has a sweet, warm, lemony tone that makes me think of warm cotton candy, but strangely, not too sweet.

For reference I also love Fresh Sugar, Trish #9 Blackberry Vanilla Musk, and Profumum's Acqua e Zuccero.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by 2kids2kats

Love how it smells. Hate how long it lasts on me. Why would I spend money on something that lasts less an hour on me. This reminds me alot of Trish McEvoy's #9 Blackberry Vanilla - more so that FIL. I own the lotion version of this and it lasts much longer on me than the fragrance. I use a nickle size amount on my neck/chest and it lasts for hours. I would definitely buy the lotion again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I really like the smell of this and it works really well with my skin chemistry. Lasts several hours too. Will likely purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Unconditional Love is Falling in Love's scrumptious drydown. (I've owned and worn FiL for over 6 years, for the record.) The two are not the same and I'll try to explain why. UL's perfectly named, in my opinion. This lacks the sharp fruity blast and heady giddiness of FiL, both literally and figuratively; it's calmer, more introspective, closer to the skin and heart but no less beautiful. FiL is bubbly where UL is settled. FiL is the bottle I've got at my boyfriend's house and UL sits on my desk at home within easy reach. This is what I've worn nearly every day in the 2 months since I've purchased it, and what I will continue to wear as a daily perfume for the forseeable future. Unlike FiL (even the eau de parfum), this actually has better lasting power on me - about 10 hours - and has yet to give me a migraine or any sort of head sensitivity. I absolutely adore this. I've tried just about all of Philosophy's scents and this is far and away my favorite. I have a feeling this may become a permanent scent for them and I sure hope it does.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This is one of the only actual real perfumes I can wear because of my husband's allergies. I like that it is a very light, natural, woodsy, berry scent.

CONS: Wears off pretty quick.

APPLICATION TIPS: The roller-ball perfume oil version of this lasts much longer than the spray bottle versions.

ALTERNATES: I also really like "Falling in Love." But this scent seems to be more universally liked. Another scent similar to this is Trish McEvoy's "Blackberry & Vanilla Musk," which lasts longer, but this is less expensive. Bath and Body Works has a nice black raspberry/vanilla line that is similar in scent to this and even less expensive.