Philosophy unconditional love

3.8

sd alcohol 40b (alcohol denat.), fragrance/parfum, water/aqua/eau, benzophenone-3, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl salicylate, benzyl salicylate, citral, geraniol, hydroxycitronellol, limonene, blue 1 (ci 42090), red 33 (ci 17200).

on 1/20/2010 3:05:00 PM

I tried this product on a whim at sephora one day and the rest of the day kept smelling my wrist where I had sprayed and was in love, but I just wanted to make sure after a few hours that the smell didn't fade or change with my ph. Well, by the end of the day I had become obessed with it, and ran out right after the work the next day and purchased it. I've never really worn perfume cause I just could never find one that I liked, the only perfume I've ever liked is Philosophy brand so that's why I even tried it to begin with. It's a soft but very sweet smell, that I just can't get enough of!! I feel like it fades as the day goes on, but I rather it be a light scent that fades then walk around in a cloud of perfume! I will buy this again, and pray they never retire it!!

on 1/4/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

sampled it.....like falling in love way..better.....this is a very sweet version of falling in love...after the drydown does not stay fresh for long...kinda sugary drydown of faint berry . falling in love .....is fresh,clean,lil sweet...and it stays fresh in the drydown. nice copy though.

on 1/4/2010 9:52:00 AM

I'm a big fan of Philosophy's Grace fragrances but I really do not like Falling in Love. I find it too heavy, too syrupy & too fruity. Unconditional Love is the Love fragrance for Grace lovers and I adore it! It is sweet and fruity but not at all heady. It has a freshness to it that feels feminine in a grown-up way without being too heavy ad soapy. I have asthma and am prone to migraines with heavy scents and can say that, for me at least, Unconditional Love does not aggravate either - not something I could claim with most commercial fragrances. Another plus is that, like all the other Philosophy fragrances, Unconditonal Love has a way of being 'your' scent rather than being so recognisable from across the room that everyone knows your perfume before you've been introduced!

on 12/19/2009 10:37:00 PM

Love this scent - very smooth berry and vanilla mix, but the lasting power is awful on me! I spray this on and 2 hours later it's gone. I bought the layering set with the body butter too, so I was layering the scent. Philosophy really needs to work on the lasting power of their scents, but for now this one is going back to Nordy's.

on 12/19/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I like this perfume. This is the first Philosophy fragrance that lasts on me and doesn't give me a migraine. It has a vanilla berry type scent, but not overly sweet or fruity. I bought it in the layering gift set. The body butter is nice as well and is true to the scent.

ETA: I've cannot wear this scent anymore. It gives me such a headache.

Got it as a sample for free. Would not buy again. It is way to 'old' for me and not the kind of foody fragrance you want to eat. Way too strong on me and a strange combination of notes. :(

on 11/2/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this after a whiff and a spray. It instantly reminded me of Fresh Sugar, very much so. The spritz on my wrist lasted 4 hours, which is ok considering it only cost $40 a bottle. It has a sweet, warm, lemony tone that makes me think of warm cotton candy, but strangely, not too sweet.

For reference I also love Fresh Sugar, Trish #9 Blackberry Vanilla Musk, and Profumum's Acqua e Zuccero.

on 11/1/2009 12:35:00 AM

Love how it smells. Hate how long it lasts on me. Why would I spend money on something that lasts less an hour on me. This reminds me alot of Trish McEvoy's #9 Blackberry Vanilla - more so that FIL. I own the lotion version of this and it lasts much longer on me than the fragrance. I use a nickle size amount on my neck/chest and it lasts for hours. I would definitely buy the lotion again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I really like the smell of this and it works really well with my skin chemistry. Lasts several hours too. Will likely purchase a full size.

on 10/11/2009 10:09:00 PM

Unconditional Love is Falling in Love's scrumptious drydown. (I've owned and worn FiL for over 6 years, for the record.) The two are not the same and I'll try to explain why. UL's perfectly named, in my opinion. This lacks the sharp fruity blast and heady giddiness of FiL, both literally and figuratively; it's calmer, more introspective, closer to the skin and heart but no less beautiful. FiL is bubbly where UL is settled. FiL is the bottle I've got at my boyfriend's house and UL sits on my desk at home within easy reach. This is what I've worn nearly every day in the 2 months since I've purchased it, and what I will continue to wear as a daily perfume for the forseeable future. Unlike FiL (even the eau de parfum), this actually has better lasting power on me - about 10 hours - and has yet to give me a migraine or any sort of head sensitivity. I absolutely adore this. I've tried just about all of Philosophy's scents and this is far and away my favorite. I have a feeling this may become a permanent scent for them and I sure hope it does.

Popular Fragrances