Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/6/2014 12:27:00 PM

Let me start this off by saying that I don't actually use this concealer as a concealer...well, I kind of do, but I more so use it in place of a foundation because it matches my skin perfectly (Light 18), and the Lock-It Foundation exceeds my price limit for foundation. I got this concealer as a sample from Sephora and once I finished the sample, I prolonged buying it because of the price (call me frugal, I don't care). But I finally caved and bought it for myself just before Christmas. It took me several weeks to use it because I wanted to finish the concealer I was already using. But again, I caved and applied it one day to hide my under-eye circles. I was impressed with the result. The next time I used it, I didn't feel like applying foundation, so I settled for this concealer instead. Well, what do you know...my face came out perfectly with just a little bit of this concealer (more than a little bit to cover my natural flush). I dab it on my face, then blend it in with my fingers and set it with a powder. I love this concealer; it gives me this awesome airbrushed finish, making my skin look like porcelain. For the price, it wish there was more product. I mean, .58 fl. oz. for $25? However, I love the design of the tube - it's very Kat-like. I guess in all reality, we're just paying for a name, but I honestly don't mind it because this product is actually pretty amazing.

on 1/5/2014 7:47:00 AM

This covers my dark dark circles well but I felt like it was too thick and settled into my fine lines. It's also hard to blend because its so thick. I wouldn't recommend this.

on 1/4/2014 6:29:00 PM

Love love love this concealer!

It covers all my redness and blemishes so easily it's like a miracle. I use the tiniest bit of product and blend it out with a buffing brush and the result is just flawless. I usually top this with a light translucent setting powder and it lasts all day/night. It CAN get a bit cakey if you apply a lot, but there's really no need since this covers so well.

One thing though, as it is a TATTOO concealer, I tried using it to cover one of my tattoos.. didn't work as I could still see the darkness coming through. Maybe it would've worked if I had used Kat Von D's entire tattoo line, along with a primer.

on 12/16/2013 4:12:00 PM

I have been using this concealer for the past 3 years,,, it is a really good undereye concealer, I don't have much else to conceal on my face besides my dark circles, so a little bit goes along way. Love!

Absolutely love this! It covers my acne blemishes AND scars! The staying power is also phenomenal. I have an issue with my undereye circles, but I need to use a separate treatment to lighten them. Overall very strong and lasting lasting concealer.

on 11/20/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolute love this product. The texture is amazing. I've used Mac for years, ever since I found the Kat Von D I would never switch back.

I love this concealer. I don't have tattoos to cover, but blemishes I do. It covers well, color is perfect, lasts forever. Gorgeous!

When I finished my nars concealer I wanted something a little more affordable so I saw this and saw all the good reviews so I thought yes I'll try and love it because everybody else does! Well that's not what happened. This concealer is terrible it's thick and doesn't cover at all and if you try to build up the coverage it looks so cakey and it cracks through out the day. I broke out really badly recently and I have many dark spots left over well this looks like it covered them but in an hour they were completely visible and made my makeup look as if I never wore any makeup I don't know what it is about this concealer but it also ruins my foundation too my foundations look all splotchy and cheap. What a terrible product I'll never repurchase this and I'm going to tell everybody not to bother with it.

Been using this for a few years now. I love this concealer compared to many other high end concealers. Great coverage for dark circles and the occasional vacuum cleaner mark :X

on 10/3/2013 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I give this concealer SO much credit simply because its one of the few that has a shade that matches me. I'm an NC20, yellow Asian and the Medium Shade-22 is so close that on my better days I can wear it alone without layering foundation/powder on top. The coverage is awesome, I can even cover beauty marks on my chin I'm not fond of & the veins under my eyes that peek through, fully with 0 caking. However Im not impressed with the longevity & wear of this product. I've tried wearing it different ways & have come across these issues:
1. KVD concealer FIRST then foundation on top (liquid OR powder) it moves the concealer, wiping it so I have to reapply & then it looks gray once mixed w foundation
2. Foundation FIRST then KVD it doesn't last long, gets oily? and fades wayy quicker. I have dry skin by the way, so I dont get it.
3. KVD concealer + Ben nye powder to set + foundation/powder on top=combo problem

Such a shame because its truly an awesome product. Needs a drop for good non cakey, natural full coverage. Maybe when Im drier in the winter AND have better skin so Im only covering scars/moles & not reddness/uneveness I can rock it alone. Til then, I'll keep using & keep searching.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products