September 2, 2014 | 1888 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer has been in my morning makeup routine for almost a year now. It hides my tired looking eyes and no creasing=) A little goes a long way which is great and economical. I also use this when I need to cover a blemish or any redness, I'm prone to breakouts and this does not upset my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Hollyrad

I really like this concealer, almost love. Because of its drying quality, which provides the full coverage on my skin, it creases a bit and looks a little cakey. That being said, it has great coverage and doesn't move all day yet it comes off easily with my bioderma remover. I've recently switched over to tarte maracuja concealer as sephora is always out of stock for KVD medium 22. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After browsing through Sephora and looking for a new concealer I have found my new everyday essential. Frankly, this concealer meets all my needs and I could not be happier with my purchase. When I was at Sephora I was actually debating between two products: MUF and Kat Von D concealers; because I was about to leave for a vacation in Mexico and was hopping to find something that had a nice full coverage and would be decently weather resistant.

As some background information, I have bad skin. I don't want to say terrible or horrible because I have seen worse. but my skin has seen its fair share of acne and breakouts. Today mostly I have scars all over my face; on my chin, forehead, nose.... etc and concealer is a must for me to hide these scars. Prior to my purchase I was a loyal user of the Mac Studio Fix Concealer - the product was a bit too thick for my liking but it did the job when it came to coverage.

Pros and Cons:

Pros - It's fairly priced for a concealer, around 30$ CAN for 17 mL. It offers a full coverage (yes that's right full), and can has a formula thin enough that it can be used as an under eye concealer as well (this basically sealed the deal for me, because its multipurpose essentially). I used this concealer every day in Mexico, and it is fairly weather resistant... I rarely had to do retouches throughout the day. The concealer also has a light formula, so my face does not feel cakey at all. The packaging is fairly good as well.... a plastic squeezable tube; an improvement from the MAC Studio Fix Concealer I was using in the past. (Be sure to always tighten the lid, if you don't product will be wasted!)

Cons - I really wish this was water proof..... but I guess you can't find something with everything you want.

I found that application with this product is great with the BeautyBlender sponge! It blends smoothly with your fingers as well. A little goes a long way, so I'm thinking this product will last me well into October if I'm lucky!

This will probably be my go to concealer for the next little while! Will be repurchasing and recommending for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by JenasMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! I'm the lightest shade FYI. It literally covers everything with one use. This is my HG concealer I will never buy anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by CellwinLighteningirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC25 in MAC and l use a 22 for my under eyes. The texture is so thick a little goes a long way. I would dab this under my eyes and a scar l have on my shoulder lol. Its pretty good, l would but it again only cause it last all day wont fade or "melt" off

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by luhhsetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is okay.
Not good, OKAY.

My sister asked me tonight what was "wrong" with under my eyes. I look into the mirror and my concealer had patches in it and was flaking all over.

I have used this concealer for many months now and it is always flakey all over my skin. I set it with a translucent powder and after 4 hours+ it is peeling off all over me. How embarrassing!

Great amount for about $28. I know some other concealers cost the same price and have less than half the amount this Tattoo Concealer comes with!

I'm disappointed. Will NEVER purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So forget about this lady and her affair with a married man and move on... IMO, this concealer is a keeper by all means. I used to love MUFE Full Cover but then I discovered Sephora's concealer which was much cheaper and remained on my skin the whole day. The only negative about Sephora's was the color selection. The shades were either too light or too yellow. In comparison, the color selection, especially for medium, is excellent. Not too yellow, not too light or dark. I am almost NC30 to NC35 but not as yellow. I picked no. 26, which is the perfect match. I also love the texture of this concealer. It is so blendable. Now here is the best part: I can use this as a foundation. If you use very little of this, it is better than full coverage foundations without looking cakey. It stays in for many many hours without looking greasy. My face is pretty oily and this is one of the few foundations that lasts on me. And last, but not least, it is water-resistant. Love this!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

This stuff feels very heavy on the skin, and looks that way too. Do not like!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by leeesuhx3

Coverage was alright, pretty good. I highly doubt this would cover a tattoo though. My main problem with this concealer was that after I put it on my skin, it would oxidize like crazy, and nothing usually does that. I'd do my full face and then later in the day notice a big blotch of darker skin on my cheek (where I put the concealer) and would rush like crazy and try to blend it out with my finger. I much much prefer Boing by Benefit, the coverage of that is better as well. I don't know, I just wanted to have at a liquid concealer, may look better throughout the day. I've heard good things about MACs prolongwear concealer, might try that next, but honestly Benefits Boing is sooooo good idk if I need to

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jamie114

Definitely does cover, but it does not have coverage like the foundation. The foundation is however very thick but great coverage. I was expecting this to have good coverage but it is okay, it is very oily and feels sticky throughout the wear. I also feel I does not last. Once you apply a foundation it goes away! It works for my undereyes and that's about it.