MAC Lickable

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this lipstick because I wanted a glamorous alternative to classic red. I'm in love with the shade, it's very flattering on my fair skin and blue eyes. However, it doesn't have a special staying power, nor any hydrating property, so I have to reapply after one or two hours if I want it to appear flawless. The price (10 in the UK) was ok.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Beautiful hot pink color. I have to apply it lightly though to achieve the look I want..if i apply straight from the tube it just looks too pink. I like to put on lip balm and then thinly apply one layer from the tube and use a lip brush to even it out. Looks good with funtabulous on top too but i prefer to wear it alone with lip chap for a stain sort of look. This gives a beautiful hot pink color to my lips which was exactly what i was looking for for spring and summer. I like to pair this with just urban decay's sin (or any champagne color) on the lids, black liquid liner on the top winged out a bit, a brighter pink blush (ie dollymix from mac) and mascara. Love this look and I will be wearing this a lot this summer. I can't wait to try other bright pinks and fuschias like show orchid and girl about town. Only took off a lippie because it was more dramatic than i thought applied straight from the tube how I'd normal apply lighter colors.

on 5/2/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Love this color! Would have never found myself wearing this color, but it looks great--especially with natural eyes! I also like it with Funtabulous dazzleglass over it! :D

on 4/25/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

YES! this is the pink/coral shade I always wanted but had to mix to obtain the right color.

it is almost perfect for me no matter what haircolor I have..lol.

on 4/20/2010 1:42:00 AM

Ok, I went to the MAC counter today to purchase another Fix + Spray.
I ended up with that plus 3 lipsticks and a gloss.
And a MSF. :D Omg, I do that all the time lol. :D (gotta stop that haha)
This lipstick was totally not something I would normally go for. The color is totally intimidating haha. Bright bright pink :D I try to stick with chill colors lol. But this color...has changed me. 0.0 haha. LOVE IT. So glad I got over myself and tried something new! The color is amazing. Totally brightens up my whole face :D It is so creamy and smooth! It seems like a lipstain, and can be built up very well. Aww I love it so much, alone or with a nice gloss. I have gotten lots of compliments! So try something new ladies, check it out ;) <3 I got in my car after purchasing it, and walked right back in for a backup haha :D

on 4/19/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely adore this lipstick, because it does happen to be in probably my favorite formulation, cremesheen. This glides on so absolutely creamy, and is so pigmented sometimes a swipe is all you need.

I will admit, it is very very bright, so the rest of your face really does have to quite neutral to pull this off without looking over the top. It is definitely a beautiful bright pink that has a blue base, so it makes one's teeth look quite white.

I am very wary about wearing bright pinks, because my hair is a bright strawberry blonde...so sometimes colors like this make me look sickly. But Lickable is definitely an exception, because it brightens up my whole face, and everyone said that my light blue eyes really were shining bright and I looked awake and fresh no matter how tired I really am.

Now that I have this I definitely could not live with out it, and although its not an every day type look its great for the once in a while occasion where you are feeling like putting something on that is hot and spicy.

on 4/5/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to replace Girl About Town. I really like it so far. It's a little more sheer IMO, and the reason this is a plus for me is that I am easing my way into bright colors. I can't give it a perfect 5 lippies though, because I am still getting used to the 80s vibe I get when I wear it. I am hoping that will go away once I am more tan in the summer! All in all I am happy with this purchase.

on 3/16/2010 9:43:00 PM

Love this lipstick!!! I wanted a bright pick that wouldn't look to garish and Lickable is perfect. I am very pale and my lips have almost no pigmintation, so anything bright shows up super bright on me. If I use a lip brush or just a sheer coat it looks great for daytime, and a thicker coat makes a great evening look. A good alternative to red, but still bright, bold, and noticable.

on 3/3/2010 11:50:00 PM

Love this lipstick. The texture is so perfect and it almost looks like a lipstain rather than a lipstick. It's one of the few lipsticks in my collection that I don't feel like I need to pair with a gloss. It's definitely really bright so you can't be timid about it!

on 2/4/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Don't get me wrong, this is a great lipstick. I love the consistency, as it is a highly pigmented color, yet it glides on like a dream and one coat seems almost semi-sheer...not as opaque as, say, a matte formula would be. There is also a nice sheen to the cremesheen formulas, which gives them almost (but not quite) the look of a gloss, and makes them feel sooo soft and moisturizing!

The color itself is blue-based, so it looks great on cooler skin tones and doesn't make teeth look yellow. I'm just getting back in to pinks after years of being a redhead (I just went dark, dark, dark and I'm loving the idea of going back to pinks!) This is definitely bright, but isn't over-the-top, glaring pink. It just brightens the face and draws attention to the lips. Wonderful, wonderful lippie!

EDIT: Unfortunately, as much as I loved it at the MAC counter, when I put it on at work the next day, it was just too Barbie-ish...to the point that one of my employees told me that I looked like "Bad Barbie" due to my dark hair and bright pink lips, lol! (Obviously, I need to tighten up my ship at work, since my employees have no fear of me whatsoever). Of course, everyone is used to seeing me in RED, so it was an adjustment for them, but still...BAD BARBIE??!!?? I think not!

I don't know if it was the lighting (fluorescent...ugh) or what, but the color just was NOT working for me. Luckily, I slapped it on one of my other employees (who actually DOES look like Barbie), and on her it became the most beautiful shade of fuschia. It brightened up her face and gave her a wonderful glow, and within 5 minutes a student had complimented her on her makeup! I gave it to her immediately.

So, 4 lippies for color, texture, sheen, pigmentation, etc. Sadly, it just wasn't the right color for me. I guess I'll just stick with my mighty collection of reds!

Popular Lipsticks