July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lickable

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this lipstick, because it does happen to be in probably my favorite formulation, cremesheen. This glides on so absolutely creamy, and is so pigmented sometimes a swipe is all you need.

I will admit, it is very very bright, so the rest of your face really does have to quite neutral to pull this off without looking over the top. It is definitely a beautiful bright pink that has a blue base, so it makes one's teeth look quite white.

I am very wary about wearing bright pinks, because my hair is a bright strawberry blonde...so sometimes colors like this make me look sickly. But Lickable is definitely an exception, because it brightens up my whole face, and everyone said that my light blue eyes really were shining bright and I looked awake and fresh no matter how tired I really am.

Now that I have this I definitely could not live with out it, and although its not an every day type look its great for the once in a while occasion where you are feeling like putting something on that is hot and spicy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace Girl About Town. I really like it so far. It's a little more sheer IMO, and the reason this is a plus for me is that I am easing my way into bright colors. I can't give it a perfect 5 lippies though, because I am still getting used to the 80s vibe I get when I wear it. I am hoping that will go away once I am more tan in the summer! All in all I am happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Crystalskull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick!!! I wanted a bright pick that wouldn't look to garish and Lickable is perfect. I am very pale and my lips have almost no pigmintation, so anything bright shows up super bright on me. If I use a lip brush or just a sheer coat it looks great for daytime, and a thicker coat makes a great evening look. A good alternative to red, but still bright, bold, and noticable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by meaganjl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick. The texture is so perfect and it almost looks like a lipstain rather than a lipstick. It's one of the few lipsticks in my collection that I don't feel like I need to pair with a gloss. It's definitely really bright so you can't be timid about it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong, this is a great lipstick. I love the consistency, as it is a highly pigmented color, yet it glides on like a dream and one coat seems almost semi-sheer...not as opaque as, say, a matte formula would be. There is also a nice sheen to the cremesheen formulas, which gives them almost (but not quite) the look of a gloss, and makes them feel sooo soft and moisturizing!

The color itself is blue-based, so it looks great on cooler skin tones and doesn't make teeth look yellow. I'm just getting back in to pinks after years of being a redhead (I just went dark, dark, dark and I'm loving the idea of going back to pinks!) This is definitely bright, but isn't over-the-top, glaring pink. It just brightens the face and draws attention to the lips. Wonderful, wonderful lippie!

EDIT: Unfortunately, as much as I loved it at the MAC counter, when I put it on at work the next day, it was just too Barbie-ish...to the point that one of my employees told me that I looked like "Bad Barbie" due to my dark hair and bright pink lips, lol! (Obviously, I need to tighten up my ship at work, since my employees have no fear of me whatsoever). Of course, everyone is used to seeing me in RED, so it was an adjustment for them, but still...BAD BARBIE??!!?? I think not!

I don't know if it was the lighting (fluorescent...ugh) or what, but the color just was NOT working for me. Luckily, I slapped it on one of my other employees (who actually DOES look like Barbie), and on her it became the most beautiful shade of fuschia. It brightened up her face and gave her a wonderful glow, and within 5 minutes a student had complimented her on her makeup! I gave it to her immediately.

So, 4 lippies for color, texture, sheen, pigmentation, etc. Sadly, it just wasn't the right color for me. I guess I'll just stick with my mighty collection of reds!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just bought Lickable! Better than MAC's Girl About Town. It leaves a cherry-pop stain on my lips w/o drying!

I went to MAC with plans of buying "Up the Amp" (based on all the MUA raves about it). I wanted a new lipstick different from my usual reds. I found Up the Amp wayyy TOO lavender for my taste! It made me look like a corpse.

Anyway, the helpful S/A suggested this, and I love the way it makes my teeth look whiter! It also brightens up my complexion. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Perfect popping pink! Debated about this shocking pink called "Lickable", but it has less shock than the others and glad to have purchased it.

Considered a creamsheen or creemsheen, it lasts through coffee and lunch, leaving a lovely pink stain on the lips. I would definitely re-purchase and experiment with other Mac creamsheens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is certainly not a color I would normally buy cause I'm sort of into neutrals. But a friend of mine was looking for a bright pink so she tried this one on. I loved the way it looked on her and of course, she insisted I try and I was so surprised to like it so much! It really does brighten up your whole face without looking tacky or as if you're wearing a pre-teen lip color. I'm very happy I added this to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I already have soo many bright pinks, including Girl About Town, I persuaded myself that I didn't "need" Lickable, also.

My compromise was to make myself wait until I could get Lickable through the Back to MAC program.

Well, not only was Lickable worth the wait, it is not like any other pink I own.

Lickable is very blue-based and it's bright, make no mistake about that!

However, at least on my moderately pigmented lips, against my NW15 complexion, Lickable is a very *deep* pink, as opposed to an almost neon pink, like Show Orchid or Impassioned. Compared to Girl About Town, Lickable is slightly less intense, and maybe the tiiiniest bit more blue. As another reviewer mentioned, Extra Amps Dazzleglass is *gorgeous* over Lickable. Lickable is one of those shades that instantly brightens your face, making you look younger, more alert, and healthy.

Because Lickable is of the Cremesheen formula, it glides on effortlessly, provides opaque coverage, and feels moist and light on the lips.

Though I got Lickable free this time, I would gladly buy it next time.
P.S. I like Beet pencil liner with Lickable. I imagine Cranapple Cremestick would work, as well.

NOTE: Since I obtained Trimmed in Pink pencil, that has become my liner of choice to pair with Lickable. However, don't try this combination at home unless you're prepared for some *serious* PIIIIIIIIIINK. Personally, I love it for summer.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is definitely in the same family as Girl About Town. A fabulous bright fuschia blue-pink. I was torn between getting GAT, Impassioned, or Lustering. I ended up getting Lickable because of the cremesheen formula. It just feels so comfortable on my skin compared to frosts and lustres. It gives of a nice shine to it so I don't necessarily need to add gloss, but I do it anyway. Today I tried it with Extra Amps Dazzleglass and it looks great. Very fun face brightening color.