Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 11/6/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am quite a fan of the Kinky Curly Custard, so I was hopeful that this product would hold up to the same standards. Unfortunately, my hair hated this product. A little back round information about my hair and myself. I am biracial, my hair is a 3b, and hip length. This product has no slip, it does not detangle, and it does not condition. It leaves my hair dry and limp. Plus it does not play well with other products. I tried putting this product in before I added another product and I tried after then I tried just this product and nothing worked. It made other products not work as well in my hair. For how much this bottle costs I expected to get my moneys worth. I do not recommend buying this product.

on 10/21/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is a milky leave-in detangler that has elevated my very curly, thick, African-American and Ashkenazi Jewish hair to its full potential. I've been using it for a few years now with the Curling Custard and it keeps my hair soft, bouyant, and moisturized. I was using protein-based products for ages and my hair was always brittle and frizzy. After trying the Kinky-Curly lines I realized that water-based is the way to go for my mixed-ethnicity hair type. The Kinky-Curly website gives application instructions that are a must-read. Love, love, love this product and swear by it as a great choice for all curly girls! :)

on 10/11/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this. I was looking for a cheaper detangler than my absolute favorite, coveted UNITE 7 seconds condition... at $23 a pop that's not really budget-friendly... So I saw this at target for $11.99 and thought why not? I have colored & bleached frizzy and extremely tangle-prone 2C/3A hair. I used my normal sulfate free shampoo & conditioner and then followed up with this as a leave in on damp hair. It does not detangle *as* well as 7 seconds, but it does a better job than most, smells yummy (very light cherry fragrance), and it's all-natural. I will probably repurchase this. :)

on 8/30/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this product. Since I have been natural, I've switched out many products without ever repurchasing. I have repurchased this product numerous times. I think I have 4B/C hair (still don't get this typing thing) and it gets really dry, this helps a lot. I typically use this while my hair is still very wet and then put some shea butter (warmed in my hands) on my hair before sealing with coconut oil. I have tried other leave-in conditioners and this has worked the best for me. I do wish that a larger size was sold in retail locations (at this time you can get a 32oz online for $44).

on 7/15/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Uhg no. This is a rubbish product. The smell is nice, fruity and tropical. But the product is useless. No matter what amount I used, whether on soaking wet, towel-dried, or dry hair, it made my hair dull, stiff, and frizzy. I found it had little slip and was difficult to distribute evenly. And the price is tantamount to highway robbery. There are much better products out there I think. Alba Botanica and Giovanni both do far superior leave-ins, IMO.

on 6/21/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Yeahhhh, I don't know about this one. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I returned it after one use. I have a few inches of 4c new growth and this really did nothing for me. For that price I was expecting to be more impressed, but meh...not so much. Now to detangle I mix Tressame naturals conditioner, Africa's Pride moisturizer, Giovanni's direct leave in and water in a spray bottle. It works wonders, roots detangle like a dream.

on 6/16/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Honestly this is a pretty good detangler for my 4a/b/c hair. I had to use a lot of the product to make it work for me but it did its job. I will not repurchase because the amount I have to use to detangle my hair, I will need a gallon size jug and that will price me out into buying it.

This conditioner is a case of over hype. This is your regular run of the mill conditioner. Suave performed just as well at a fraction of the price.

on 3/28/2012 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I tried this for the first time yesterday and just--wow. I had walked into Ricky's needing something to calm my fine, colortreated, 3a/b hair, which had been washed and air-dried. Smoothed this in and--again, wow. All of a sudden I had shiny, smooth, soft compliant locks that I could twist and wave to my heart's content--I feel like a mermaid! Can't stop running my fingers through. Also helped detangle my daughter's fine, straight but very knot-prone hair, and gave i body. Love the retro packaging and that it doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals.
I can see how this might not be moisturizing enough for thicker, thirstier hair, but for people with my persnickety texture, which is dry but also easily weighed down, I am VERY impressed.

on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I swore I'd never buy Kinky Curly. I felt that the prices were outrageous and they were taking advantage of the natural hair girls. BUT, I kept hearing about Knot Today being a great detangler. I was in a Target that it so I bought it. Let me just say that the bottle looks waaayyyy bigger on the internet! I used it on my daughter's mixed 3 and 4 hair and it was like magic! She has a lot of hair and is tender headed. This stuff just let the comb glide through like magic! I'm going to keep a bottle of this stuff just for her. I guess I'll do an update when I actually use it. But for the mommy's, I'd recommend you buy this for your kid. I wish they had this when I was a kid!

For my all type 4 hair, this works, but I have to use too much. I like it and I will buy again for my daughter, but this is too much money for my hair. I'd have to buy a bottle every month.

Popular Hair Products