October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yeahhhh, I don't know about this one. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I returned it after one use. I have a few inches of 4c new growth and this really did nothing for me. For that price I was expecting to be more impressed, but meh...not so much. Now to detangle I mix Tressame naturals conditioner, Africa's Pride moisturizer, Giovanni's direct leave in and water in a spray bottle. It works wonders, roots detangle like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly this is a pretty good detangler for my 4a/b/c hair. I had to use a lot of the product to make it work for me but it did its job. I will not repurchase because the amount I have to use to detangle my hair, I will need a gallon size jug and that will price me out into buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by naturallykinkycoils

This conditioner is a case of over hype. This is your regular run of the mill conditioner. Suave performed just as well at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this for the first time yesterday and just--wow. I had walked into Ricky's needing something to calm my fine, colortreated, 3a/b hair, which had been washed and air-dried. Smoothed this in and--again, wow. All of a sudden I had shiny, smooth, soft compliant locks that I could twist and wave to my heart's content--I feel like a mermaid! Can't stop running my fingers through. Also helped detangle my daughter's fine, straight but very knot-prone hair, and gave i body. Love the retro packaging and that it doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals.
I can see how this might not be moisturizing enough for thicker, thirstier hair, but for people with my persnickety texture, which is dry but also easily weighed down, I am VERY impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swore I'd never buy Kinky Curly. I felt that the prices were outrageous and they were taking advantage of the natural hair girls. BUT, I kept hearing about Knot Today being a great detangler. I was in a Target that it so I bought it. Let me just say that the bottle looks waaayyyy bigger on the internet! I used it on my daughter's mixed 3 and 4 hair and it was like magic! She has a lot of hair and is tender headed. This stuff just let the comb glide through like magic! I'm going to keep a bottle of this stuff just for her. I guess I'll do an update when I actually use it. But for the mommy's, I'd recommend you buy this for your kid. I wish they had this when I was a kid!

For my all type 4 hair, this works, but I have to use too much. I like it and I will buy again for my daughter, but this is too much money for my hair. I'd have to buy a bottle every month.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOOOOVE this! This is GREAT with the Curling Custard. This gets my tangles out and has amazing slip. It's not too moisturizing, but it doesn't make me greasy, so I can use this as my conditioner wash. To make it more moisturizing for my hair, I add a few drops of argan oil. I haven't had such a great hair day in forever :)

EDIT- It's March, and I am still loving it. I have even stocked up with a second bottle! I changed my usage a bit, though. I don't conditioner wash anymore, but I use the Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoo and add some coconut oilnto it to make it less stripping. I add a ton of this, detangle, then scrunch in some KCCC. :)

EDIT- It's May, and I haven't used this since mid April I found the Kinky-Curly line didn't work at all for my hair anymore. The shampoo was too drying, this didn't compensate for the lost moisture, and the custard made my hair crunchy. I gave it away to my friend, though, and she really likes it! I use Darcy's Botanicals now, which is a lot better if you want soft, bouncy curls :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have blonde, wavy, coarse, dry hair. My aunt uses this stuff like crazy because she has reallly curly hair... i had previsouly been using garnier conditioning cream, or it's a ten miracle leave in (which are both great). I know that kinky curly is geared more toward bi-racial, or ethnic hair. However, I figured I would give this stuff a try. I was a bit hesisant as I thought it would maybe weigh my hair down a little ( I am using it as a leave in). I WAS WRONG. It did not weigh it down a bit. It actually left my hair more flowy looking if that makes any sense. I like it though, the smell, and also it just glides right through your hair when applying. It's a little pricey at 12 dollars a bottle, but the ingredients in this stuff make me realize why, and I am willing to pay. I love that it's organic. Would def repurchase....

hint: Also try using as a rinse out conditioner, it gives great slip !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this after KC Tiny Twirls shampoo on my biracial daughter's moderately thick, very dry, 3C curls. I don't rinse it out, I work dime size amounts through it while it is still very damp to detangle with minimal pain and discomfort for my daughter. It's not a very heavy leave-in conditioner by any stretch and she needs product over it (usually KC Curling Custard) or her hair has lost it's defined curl pattern and is frizzing eight hours later but it works great in place of a rinse-out conditioner for my daughter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Victorian9322

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best hair leave in ever! Amazing and perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Deliciously fab! Besides smelling so good, it really is effective in eliminating frizz and adding moisture that does not weigh down my 3a hair type. It gives awesome slip which is exactly what I was looking for in retaining my long tresses. A dime size or less is all I need, and I am left with soft healthy looking waves/curls. For more definition and hold, I use this under Kinky Curly Curling Custard (also a dime size amount) for beachy curly hair that lasts all day here in humid FL. I have even used Knot Today by itself for a blowout. After letting my hair air dry (90%), I blow dry straight with my Raincry Professional Boar-Bristle Jumbo Spiral brush. It straightened fabulously and added shine unlike other products I have used for a blowout. I cannot be without this product!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No