October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Bronzers - Smashbox - Bronze Lights - Sunkissed Matte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i would definitely buy this product again...if i ever dare to pay so much. it's stupid, i know, i just bought an anastasia eyebrow pencil that costed just a little bit less but still. it's an ouchy price if you ask me.
howeverrrr...the bronzer is great. i think it's the same texture and relatively the same color with Benefit's hoola only this one has much more cocoa pigment than Hoola, which looks a bit orangy compared to this one.
This bronzer is exactly like Chanel's bronzer, any shade, since it is chocolate-like, very pigmented and soft. doesn't break me out either, yapeee! not that i ever break out, but still, i've seen this is an issue among the ladies here. so i'm kinda wondering if it's ever gonna happen to me.
the packaging is super hype, looks like a jar and i love the metallic screw....plus the logo on the transparent lid is also very chic. looks like Cargo's style a bit but who cares about the packaging, right.
and i've noticed someone saying this bronzer is exactly like Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess- no it is not. EL's bronzer is VERY orangy compared to this one, which is more towards cafe-au-lait- slight chocolate-ish undertones, more towards the natural pigment of the skin-pinkish, not carrot-ish. and even if Bronze Goddess comes with a mirror and a brush, when have any of you girls used the brush of a bronzer? i personally don't do it and i've heard a lot of girls saying they throw it away immediately....maybe keep it if it has a sassy logo embossed on it and you don't want to leave an empty case over there. anyways.
so yes, i recommend this bronzer. I have the one in Suntan and i love it, it's light enough not to make you look muddy but dark enough to do what it says it does.
does it have an SPF? haven't seen this on the box so it might not have...unfortunately.
all in all, it is a very good product, i think it's a bit more expensive than Hoola but still, it's worth all the money. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed (do i sound like a commercial?).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by islandgyrl927

I hate to be the debbie downer here, but as much as I love this product, it (suntan matte) looks EXACTLY like Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess in soft matte. I swatched the 2 and they both look exactly alike. The Smashbox comes in .30 oz while the EL comes in .74 oz, plus much more georgeous classy packaging, comes with a mirror and brush, and you can get a free gift with purchase if your local dept store has EL gift time. It is a much better bang for your buck for only $2 more. Packaging is fairly big though FYI for those of you who dont like big packaging.
But anyway, regarding the product, it is finelly milled, great quality, not too orange, not to brown. Just right. Just like bronze goddess. But obviously I wont be repurchasing because I have found a much better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dexatek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good bronzer. I got in Suntan Matte. I wanted to contour my face with a bronzer that look natural and not shimmery, and I found everything that I wanted in this Smashbox bronzer. I love the package as well, its lid allow you to see how much of the product you still have. Easy to blend and smooth texture give you a great finish to your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS BRONZER. I am so sick of all of the shiny bronzers on the market making me look like an oil slick all day long. I tried Hoola Benefit and ended up breaking out a little bit from it and I also had a hard time blending it well. It was almost too matte, if that is possible.

I bought Smashbox matte bronzer in suntan (the sunkissed as WAY too orange for my skin). A little goes a long way (I have fair to medium skin tone), so that is the one thing you have to be careful about when using this bonzer. However, it's so silky smooth, it blends BEAUTIFULLY and gives my skin just the right glow without making me look oily. My only concern is the fear of breaking out because I REALLY love this bronzer. It's definitely my new favorite must-have in my makeup case!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never used to use matte bronzers until I found this one...I love it it looks so much more natural and this bronzer never turns orange on me-It just makes my skin glowy... I have it in light and I just layer till I get the right color. I use all matte blushes now--it just looks so much better!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Years ago I loved Smashbox's Soft Lights in "Hue" which was the most flattering bronzer in the universe for me (NC30). Of course it was discontinued. Bronze Lights is the closest replacement I've found - the same silky texture, natural melt-into-your-skin glow, and real tan shades that aren't orange or red or gold. There are two shades, both matte... Sunkissed Matte is the lighter, warmer one and I'd describe it as a peachy-tan. This is a great bronzer for light complexions and a great winter pick-me-up for medium complexions. I wouldn't recommend it for any darker skin tones than that. Suntan Matte is deeper and a bit cooler, more of a cocoa tan. To my surprise, even though I'm only NC30, I've been able to wear Suntan over the winter. It looks dark in the pan but I'm not sure how much of a bronzing effect it would give to someone darker. In short, both are beautiful options for girls who find other bronzers too glittery, orange, gold and so on. If you're looking for something finely milled and a matte brown, start here.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No