August 22, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have so many foundations and am never loyal to one. I had this but am on the hunt for one that will give me a natural slightly dewy finish.
I tried GA LSF but unfortunately it wasnt dewy but matte and drying even though i have quite normal skin. Ive realised between this and MAC F&B I think its the best Im going to get. I def have to wear a primer as otherwise it doesnt last.
Shadewise I am very yellow but find 4.5 Warm Natural a bit too light and 5 honey a bit too dark so I have both and mix 2 parts honey to 1 part w natural. Becuase the consistency is quite fluid its better using a brush (i use RT Efb) rather than my beautyblender.
I do think as there is a difference between the shades there needs to be one in between. However this doesnt seem to be the case with the foundation stick as I think the honey shade in Skin is more range than the stick
Im not really fussed about pumps ut this one is nice because with a full pump you dont get a lot of product so it doesnt go to waste.
I wouod repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like the finish of this foundation. It has a slightly luminescent quality about it. It is pretty thin and feels light on the face. Due to the high SPF content, it does not photograph very well. In person it does look great. I often get compliments on my skin when I wear this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is super expensive ($90 NZD!) lasts about 3 hours on my face and makes me look like an oil slick as soon as its applied. It certainly doesn't have much going for it! Even the colour range is a bit off - I am a perfect match for Bobbi Brown's Honey in the Long Wear Even Finish foundation but found Honey in Skin Foundation was darker and browner in comparison.

I'd love to wear a nice, natural finish foundation that doesn't make me look caked in makeup, but I just think these skin foundations don't have enough staying power. Unfortunately, you have to substitute natural looking for long wear - the two don't go together!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about you but I loveee this foundation, it dispenses easily. I do like the fact it is SPF 30 since that's better for your skin. My color is 4.5 natural warm but can go to maybe 5.0 warm honey when I get some sun & get a little darker. I'd say the coverage is medium-medium high because it does do a good job covering and if I have a breakout if I apply powder on top it usually conceals it completely. The price isn't too bad but I usually hate spending more than $15 on foundation but I like to buy the more expensive ones every once in awhile. The foundation pretty much lasted on me all day and didn't irritate or break me out. Very happy with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by GracieHart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For reference, I have rosacea and acne scarring, super combination skin that gets really really dry around the forehead and cheeks and super oily on the nose and chin. I'm NC15 with extremely strong yellow undertones, and Warm Ivory is a perfect match for me.

This foundation is super watery and sheer, but you can build it up in layers to medium - fullish coverage. The lady at the counter used a brush and it was streaky, but I've found it applies best with fingers.

The finish is incredibly natural (my boyfriend asked what new skin care I was using, and when I told him it was makeup he said he had no idea I was wearing foundation. That NEVER happens) and just honestly looks like really healthy skin. I've never been able to get this much coverage while still looking skin-like before.

It sets itself with no need for powder, and powder blushes and bronzers go on beautifully over the top of it. I even tried patting a little bit of this foundation OVER some powder blush that I had applied too strongly, and the effect was a really lovely kind of 'blushing from within' look. No streaks.

Cons:

It tends to emphasize my dry bits for the first hour or so that I'm wearing it. After that it seems to settle a bit, and looks much less flaky.

It doesn't last all day. I apply my foundation at 7:30am, and by about 3pm I've lost a bit of coverage and I'm looking shiny. That's actually pretty good for me, lots of foundations I've tried don't even make it till lunchtime on my T-zone. The nice thing is that it doesn't go patchy or cakey, and it doesn't settle into lines. I keep a tiny bit in a little jar in my touch-ups bag, and just spread another layer over the parts that are looking shiny mid-afternoon, which keeps me looking fresh till I get home.

It's super expensive. I paid $90 NZD, which is more than I've ever paid for a foundation, and I predict I'll go through it quickly since I have to build up layers to get the coverage I need. Worth it for now, but I might not always be able to afford it.

Overall I'm incredibly happy with this purchase. Needing to touch up and the price are worth it to get the coverage I need without sacrificing a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is good. very good. I have combination skin, and though I should be using mat foundations I still like my skin to look sparkling, healthy and young. After a long search and lots of money ... (lancome teint miracle, EL invisible tent, benefit Wow, and Mac face and body) I head to the BB counter without makeup. Skin Foundation Beige 3 for me and powder foundation (warm beige) on the T zone. My friends have been asking me what i did to my skin, it looks gorgeous. the staying power is very good and I look fine all day. the foundation feels light and soft and very natural. I am very pleased. thumbs up BB.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by mhristova

It's a great foundation if you are looking for something light that would not look cakey on your skin. It covers my redness and it evens the ton, so after I apply powder my skin looks flawless. If you want something that would cover everything, you better look for a different one, this one has a light coverage, which I think is one of its best qualities, since it allows you to get the effect you want, without having tons of makeup on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference I have sensitive skin, broken capillaries on cheeks, combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily t-zone) and neutral skin tone (NC/NW 25ish).

The consultant matched me with warm beige 3.5. It has a yellowish undertone but not too strong. The foundation is quite thin. I dislike this foundation. I found it stuck to dry patches (yes I do exfoliate), turned greasy in my t-zone, and later in the day my whole face felt greasy, foundation disappearing. I applied this product over moisturizer and no primer, moisturizer and primer and a light layer of powder. With different brushes and sponges too. I still had the above results. I returned it to Sephora. Two thumbs down for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just received this foundation about a month ago so I really wanted to give it a good go before I reviewed it. I have oily, acne-prone skin that leans towards being sensitive. I have had no problems with break-outs or sensitivity issues. However, this foundation falls short for me in the oily department. When you first apply this foundation it leaves a beautiful dewy finish to the skin. Dewy isn't something I am always going for considering I have somewhat oily skin, however, I really don't like a matte look on my skin as I think it ages me. However, after a couple hours of wear, with or without powder over the top, this foundation starts to make my skin oily. The pump bottle makes for easy application, and because this is a very watery foundation, it also makes for easy application. I normally have to blot throughout the day, at least 4 hours later, but when I am having to blot within 2 hours of application then the foundation no longer is working for me. Blotting always manages, no matter how gently I blot, to wipe off some foundation. And considering this is a light coverage foundation, that doesn't leave much of this foundation left on my skin. I would consider this to be within the tinted moisturizer range of foundations. I believe it is buildable to medium coverage. Overall, this foundation is not a winner for me. I will use up what I have, but will not repurchase. I really think this foundation would suit normal to dry skin types, not oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahdude9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No coverage. Like the pump, but that's it.