October 22, 2014 | 991 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite foundation, I keep going back to it. It's quite light, so probably not suitable for someone who wants/needs more coverage - it's quite sheer. I sometimes use a little extra concealer around my nose and to touch up during the day. But it's a foundation I'm very happy with, not too heavy, keeps my skin looking natural and fresh.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Londongal33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the worst make up I ever bought. It crumbles on the skin after application, with or without primer, the coverage is very low and uneven, and my acne prone skin breaks out 2-3 hours after application. I wish I could return it, but I bought in Sephora in NYC on a trip, but now back home in London.... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

This is a light foundation that's between a tinted moisturizer and a moderate coverage foundation. I love it because it's goes on very natural and spreads evenly. I bought it as a cheap alternative to the Armani silk foundation, the texture of the two are very similar.
I mix it with my sunscreen as a part of my morning routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SophieEmma

I posted a photo of myself with a hat, wearing the Bobbi Brown skin foundation SPF 15, Warm Beige.
For years I could never find a nice foundation with a natural finish with enough coverage. Also, with my skintone. This foundation has just enough coverage to make your make up seem natural. I've had this foundation since I was 16 and now I'm turning 19.
A lot of people complain about the coverage that it's not enough, but I think it's perfect. I do have acne scars and this foundation does cover them, but not too much that you can see that it's covered by a layer of slapped on foundation.
People still ask me if I'm wearing make up, because when I wear this foundation you can barely see I'm wearing any.
What does make a great difference, is how you apply the foundation and how you take care of you skin. I tend to use mac and bobbi brown brushes, plus my hands from time to time just to set it right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have so many foundations and am never loyal to one. I had this but am on the hunt for one that will give me a natural slightly dewy finish.
I tried GA LSF but unfortunately it wasnt dewy but matte and drying even though i have quite normal skin. Ive realised between this and MAC F&B I think its the best Im going to get. I def have to wear a primer as otherwise it doesnt last.
Shadewise I am very yellow but find 4.5 Warm Natural a bit too light and 5 honey a bit too dark so I have both and mix 2 parts honey to 1 part w natural. Becuase the consistency is quite fluid its better using a brush (i use RT Efb) rather than my beautyblender.
I do think as there is a difference between the shades there needs to be one in between. However this doesnt seem to be the case with the foundation stick as I think the honey shade in Skin is more range than the stick
Im not really fussed about pumps ut this one is nice because with a full pump you dont get a lot of product so it doesnt go to waste.
I wouod repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like the finish of this foundation. It has a slightly luminescent quality about it. It is pretty thin and feels light on the face. Due to the high SPF content, it does not photograph very well. In person it does look great. I often get compliments on my skin when I wear this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is super expensive ($90 NZD!) lasts about 3 hours on my face and makes me look like an oil slick as soon as its applied. It certainly doesn't have much going for it! Even the colour range is a bit off - I am a perfect match for Bobbi Brown's Honey in the Long Wear Even Finish foundation but found Honey in Skin Foundation was darker and browner in comparison.

I'd love to wear a nice, natural finish foundation that doesn't make me look caked in makeup, but I just think these skin foundations don't have enough staying power. Unfortunately, you have to substitute natural looking for long wear - the two don't go together!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about you but I loveee this foundation, it dispenses easily. I do like the fact it is SPF 30 since that's better for your skin. My color is 4.5 natural warm but can go to maybe 5.0 warm honey when I get some sun & get a little darker. I'd say the coverage is medium-medium high because it does do a good job covering and if I have a breakout if I apply powder on top it usually conceals it completely. The price isn't too bad but I usually hate spending more than $15 on foundation but I like to buy the more expensive ones every once in awhile. The foundation pretty much lasted on me all day and didn't irritate or break me out. Very happy with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by GracieHart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For reference, I have rosacea and acne scarring, super combination skin that gets really really dry around the forehead and cheeks and super oily on the nose and chin. I'm NC15 with extremely strong yellow undertones, and Warm Ivory is a perfect match for me.

This foundation is super watery and sheer, but you can build it up in layers to medium - fullish coverage. The lady at the counter used a brush and it was streaky, but I've found it applies best with fingers.

The finish is incredibly natural (my boyfriend asked what new skin care I was using, and when I told him it was makeup he said he had no idea I was wearing foundation. That NEVER happens) and just honestly looks like really healthy skin. I've never been able to get this much coverage while still looking skin-like before.

It sets itself with no need for powder, and powder blushes and bronzers go on beautifully over the top of it. I even tried patting a little bit of this foundation OVER some powder blush that I had applied too strongly, and the effect was a really lovely kind of 'blushing from within' look. No streaks.

Cons:

It tends to emphasize my dry bits for the first hour or so that I'm wearing it. After that it seems to settle a bit, and looks much less flaky.

It doesn't last all day. I apply my foundation at 7:30am, and by about 3pm I've lost a bit of coverage and I'm looking shiny. That's actually pretty good for me, lots of foundations I've tried don't even make it till lunchtime on my T-zone. The nice thing is that it doesn't go patchy or cakey, and it doesn't settle into lines. I keep a tiny bit in a little jar in my touch-ups bag, and just spread another layer over the parts that are looking shiny mid-afternoon, which keeps me looking fresh till I get home.

It's super expensive. I paid $90 NZD, which is more than I've ever paid for a foundation, and I predict I'll go through it quickly since I have to build up layers to get the coverage I need. Worth it for now, but I might not always be able to afford it.

Overall I'm incredibly happy with this purchase. Needing to touch up and the price are worth it to get the coverage I need without sacrificing a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is good. very good. I have combination skin, and though I should be using mat foundations I still like my skin to look sparkling, healthy and young. After a long search and lots of money ... (lancome teint miracle, EL invisible tent, benefit Wow, and Mac face and body) I head to the BB counter without makeup. Skin Foundation Beige 3 for me and powder foundation (warm beige) on the T zone. My friends have been asking me what i did to my skin, it looks gorgeous. the staying power is very good and I look fine all day. the foundation feels light and soft and very natural. I am very pleased. thumbs up BB.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No