October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sopchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has converted me to mineral powder make up (having always used liquids in the past). It's lovely to apply - the high water content means that you can feel the moisture in the powder as it goes on. I use the Body Shop's mineral blusher brush (I actually prefer it to their foundation brush) as the short bristles means you can really 'polish' on the foundation (or that it feels like a small rabbit is applying your makeup, so my sister says!)
It evens out my skintone, and offers good coverage for redness and pores, looks natural, and feels incredibly light for the coverage it gives. It takes away shine without over-mattifying and leaves a natural, flattering sheen. I have tried it with its liquid Diorskin equivalent, but I find them a bit heavy together (I don't like to feel 'made up'). It'll be interesting to try liquid alone again. It's perfect for day and more can be applied without caking. Love it and would definitely buy again - I am a light but daily make up wearer and have had mine for months. My only criticism it that it's quite hard to get the right amount - I have sometimes wasted some by dispensing too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by AliceRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in LOVE with this. I am not a mineral makeup person at all, especially in powder form, but this stuff is awesome. It has fairly good coverage but I can only wear it alone on really, really good days because I don't have the best of skin. However, on top of a liquid foundation it rocks, seriously, makes my skin all glowy and soft. The price is pretty average for Dior, somewhere around $45, I think, which I can live with. The only problem I have with the packaging is the size, I wish it was larger. Overall, it's another killer product from Dior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I've not tried this product on its own. I use it on top of the liquid Nude, and it finishes off my base perfectly.

I'm a 021 in the liquid version (I'm Asian, NC25), and I went to the store with the idea that I'd purchase 020 in the powder. However, when I put 020 on one side of my face, 030 on the other, I decided on 030. These powders run lighter on the face than in the container; 020 made me look chalky and ashy, while the 030, which looks like a medium tan in the jar, disappears into my fair to medium golden skin. Looking at the 030 I could swear I'd be channeling an Oompa Loompa, but on top of my 021 liquid, it's absolutely a perfect match.

The packaging isn't the greatest, and the rep had suggested turning the jar upside down, getting some product on the lid, and then swirling a buffing brush on it to grab as much product into the brush. That method doesn't feel good to me, so I take my MAC 187, dip it right into the sifter, and the bristles grab the perfect amount of product through the holes. I then swirl the brush on my face, and it sets my foundation into a velvety finish.

I don't think the liquid would look nearly as nice without the help of the powder. Together, they're pricey (they each ring in at about $50 CDN each after taxes), but if you're looking for something cosmetically elegant, and can afford a bit of luxury, I'd suggest getting this. At the very least, ask for some samples at the counter - a little bit of glamor first thing in the morning might make your day a little brighter.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by karen521

Amazing product! Good for oily skin as well. I do not need to touch up as I used to do. I like the natural finish, it is not too cakey and it defintely has a medium coverage. I do need to use concealer to cover my acne marks though. Overall, this product is great for everyday use. I also recommend the buffer brush from Dior as well...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This foundation is amazing I've been using Bare Essentials for a few years now, but I had my makeup done at Bloomingdales and the makeup artist used this on me and my skin looked so flawless. I usually use this with a tinted moisturizer underneath and it just leaves a nice dewy and glowy look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by missabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after trying it in Sephora, and I really should have just gotten a sample. Even though it's the lightest shade, it yellows on my (very) pale skin. It's not awful, but it's noticeable to me... the real reason I wouldn't recommend it is the terrible packaging... once you get about halfway through the bottle, it jams up terribly, and I end up wasting a lot of foundation just trying to get it to pump out- as in I have to lay down a tissue, turn the bottle upside down, and mash it as hard as I can... and sometimes that doesn't even work! If they could fix the packaging, it might be worth $40, but I won't touch the stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Enrilynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is AMAZING! I use it to set both the DiorSkin Nude liquid foundation and the Dior HyrdaAction tinted moisturizer and it looks amazing on top of both. My skin looks dewy, radiant, and just perfect. Unless you have perfect skin though I wouldn't use this powder just by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by scarlett1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok,i bought this a couple of days ago because i used Diorskin Forever compact makeup and felt weird lately(cakey,not very matte,needed to aply a couple of layers to cover imperfections and it looked cakey about 6 hours later).
So,since i read reviews here about how wonderful this mineral foundation was for sensitive skin i decided to give it a chance and GLAD I DID!.
It trully feels fresh when you aply it on your face.Another MUAer said,it was like putting water on your face:true!.
Coverage it,s so so so so buildable.Some people said it didn,t cover anything,but in my opinion that,s not true.It depends on how much product you use,and i found out it doesn,t look heavy or cakey if you put two layers on(using MAC skunk brush=187).
It,s soooooooooooooo extremelly fine and soft!!!!.I have some freckles,sun spots and redness on cheeks and i just used sunscreen and this the last two days and i found it good(if you want to completely mask ALL your imperfections like you have porcelaine skin,maybe this is not your foundation).I could still slightly see some imperfections,but it doesn,t bother me at all.
Overall,it looked even and soft with a nice colour(i bought shade 30 because i,m still tanned from summer,i think shade 20 would look lovely in winter).

MOST IMPORTANT! IT DOESN,T DRY ME OUT!.Previous Diorskin Forever compact was good,but i found it a bit cakey and dry.This new mineral foundation is soft,fresh,LONG LASTING!(i thought it wouldn,t last since it,s just a powder) and IT DOESN,T SETTLE ON LINES.

Expensive:yes.Worth it?:YES!
I,m aging ladies!.I feel my skin doesn,t like a lot of products out there and can,t stand liquid foundations,so this is like a miracle for me.Will buy forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Tere1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Dior Mineral make up for a couple days now and it is amazing for the summer when i tend to be a little more oily not sure how it will work in the winter when my skin gets dry.
This product makes me look flawless. It covers my acne scars, minimizes my pores and still gives me a natural look. It's not heavy or cakey and you can go from light to full coverage depending on how you apply it. I use a kabuki brush for full coverage and it stays on all day.
I found it a little pricey at first to purchase the power and brush but i will re purchase since it's a good quality the brush will last forever and doesn't make my sensitive skin break out. The packaging could be a little better since you can't regulate how much you want to come out at a time. It can get a little messy. Other than that i love the product and will continue using it all summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by gina1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a long long time BE wearer, I tried this when Sephora first began carrying it a few months ago and LOVE it. I'm on my second jar with the third in reserve. Glides on smoothly, matches my skin tone perfectly, have no itchiness like I had come to have with BE and it feels fabulous on my skin. I've worn it with and without a primer and it works well either way. Even though it is a little on the higher priced side, I will never be without this!