November 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by devlshangl

Any mascara has always worked for length and curl. That's not my issue. No matter what mascara I wore, my eyelashes would lengthen to the point they leave black smudges on my eyelids where the tips touch my skin. But, I have to wear mascara because I am blonde and have very light lashes.

This is the only mascara I have found that does not leave this smudging or little dots all along my eyelids. While it's not my HG for a night out where I want more voluminous lashes. It's perfect for everyday, especially for work where all the eye makeup I wear is mascara. All I have to do is wash my face before slipping into bed and all the tubes wash down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Norajimjom

I like this product very much. It's good for lengthening your lashes and if you want a 'kind of' natural- long lash look. My lashes also feel moisturised unlike any other ones I've used before. I don't loose as many lashes as i used to anymore. what makes it so attractive is that it only comes off when you wash it with warm water so you can happily run through the rain all you want and it won't run down your face..and on hot days it also doesn't melt down your face. It is tremendously easier to remove that when you use waterproof mascara (that still smudge if there is oil..and we have the so called "oil" on our skin) so it is a great product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by marvelgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I pride myself as having seen quite a few gimmicks as far as cosmetics go and pretty much blowing most of them if not all of them off. So when I first heard of the concept of beauty tubes in a double wand mascara I was thinking meh, I won't fall for it. Well, after trying the double extend lash boosting mascara and liking it pretty well, I decided to give this a whirl. This mascara combined with my Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler has given me great big giant huge long lush lashes!! Yes, I'm serious! I never knew my lashes could look like this just using a mascara. I was highly skeptical about this mascara but for me it works great and I don't have already long lashes-mine are pretty average. I almost look like I have on fake lashes. Washing it off was kind of an odd experience to say the least but I really don't care since it gives me such long lush lashes. This time for me anyway, the hype worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rahrahlane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. My sensitive eyes make removal of regular mascaras difficult to say the least. There is no mess and no flaking. Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by geenabrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I thought the packaging was odd at first because the brush and the tube are not the same on both sides (not sure how to explain it). Anyway, I feel like my lashes look longer and the mascara holds curls pretty well. I also like that it doesn't smudge and removing it seems pretty fun to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works as advertised, if I bother to apply it properly. Unfortunately, I find it too fussy for everyday use. Points off for being quite expensive for a drugstore product, and further points off for counterintuitive packaging - the brush is never in the hand I think it's going to be in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

Wow, this is a very interesting product. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this product. I ran out of my EL lash primer and because I'm strapped for cash right now I figured this primer would be a good alternative. Why don't they come out with a drugstore primer only? I have seen many double wanded mascaras at the drug store but no primer alone. Anywho, I tried the product not really expecting much but was blown away with how well this works. Both the primer and the mascara work well and they make my lashes look long and full of volume. The primer is very white and you have to use a light hand to only apply a small amount, but the mascara does a great job of covering it up. The most intriguing thing for me about this mascara is the way it comes off. The packaging says you can just use water tor rinse it off, but being the skeptic that I am, I figured that was a lie. It truly comes off with just water!!! This formula is unlike anything I've ever seen for a mascara. It's not like an inky substance that runs when mixed with water. It's almost like a rubber or some sort of silica product. Very cool, just glides right off. The claims on the back of the package were going on about the mascara acting like "tubes" that make the lashes look longer, etc. I kept thinking "tubes, what?". Try this mascara and see for yourself. It doesn't run or smudge. It's amazing. Will definitely repurchase. The only small complaint I have is about the size of the brushes. I feel like they are little stubs. I wish they were longer or something. It takes some getting used to. The actual head of the brush is fine. It's nice and full on the mascara side and long and exact for the primer side.

Edit: I still like this product, the only thing I don't like is the primer. It's a bit too heavy. It weighs down my lashes. So now I just use the mascara side by itself or I pair it with my Clinique lash primer. I probably wouldn't repurchase because while it is convienient to only use water to take off this macara, I find that it takes a while to make sure it's all off. I'll try the other version with the serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by baskinrobbins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, until it started irritating my eyes. I tried a bunch of different mascaras and lash tints, but they all irritated my eyes (I wear contacts). I finally tried the Tubes, thinking that maybe they wouldn't flake off into an irritating powder the way other mascaras do. It's true--the Tubes look good, stay on, and don't irritate my eyes. When you want to wash them off, they really do slide off your lashes as big ol' tubes. It's kind of funny, actually. And you don't get raccoon eyes with these, but if you accidentally rub your eyes, you might clump the tubes up.
I've been using this brand of mascara for over a year--I'll stick with it.