L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.

on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was one of my favorite mascaras. this is a great mascara as well. i LOVE the primer. it really coated all of my lashes. i have a few bad things about it though. first of all it has a horrible smell, and personally i feel bad putting that on my eyes. the black mascara isnt really black kinda like charcoal or something. also if you wait a long time to apply the mascara after you apply the primer your eyes will look really spidery!!!! GROSS! another huge con is that they leave my eyelashes really stiff. one thing i DO like about it is that it gives me ALOT of length and its soooo easy to take off. all you do is apply warm water to your lashes for 10sec or so then start lightly tugging on your eyelashes and the mascara will come off completely. Its a bit expensive and not worth the money for a drugstore mascara. theres way better options out there like, loreal columinous in carbon black, now thats a wayyy better alternative :)

on 1/19/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like the concept of this mascara. The conditioning primer really does make my lashes soft and full, and then the color accentuates the length. I wish more mascaras has the tubing concept, because I think it's easier on my lashes when I remove my makeup. I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but if I ever get bored with that, I'll buy this again =)

on 1/19/2011 12:37:00 AM

Any mascara has always worked for length and curl. That's not my issue. No matter what mascara I wore, my eyelashes would lengthen to the point they leave black smudges on my eyelids where the tips touch my skin. But, I have to wear mascara because I am blonde and have very light lashes.

This is the only mascara I have found that does not leave this smudging or little dots all along my eyelids. While it's not my HG for a night out where I want more voluminous lashes. It's perfect for everyday, especially for work where all the eye makeup I wear is mascara. All I have to do is wash my face before slipping into bed and all the tubes wash down the drain.

on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

on 1/13/2011 12:53:00 PM

I like this product very much. It's good for lengthening your lashes and if you want a 'kind of' natural- long lash look. My lashes also feel moisturised unlike any other ones I've used before. I don't loose as many lashes as i used to anymore. what makes it so attractive is that it only comes off when you wash it with warm water so you can happily run through the rain all you want and it won't run down your face..and on hot days it also doesn't melt down your face. It is tremendously easier to remove that when you use waterproof mascara (that still smudge if there is oil..and we have the so called "oil" on our skin) so it is a great product for me.

on 1/12/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.

on 1/8/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I pride myself as having seen quite a few gimmicks as far as cosmetics go and pretty much blowing most of them if not all of them off. So when I first heard of the concept of beauty tubes in a double wand mascara I was thinking meh, I won't fall for it. Well, after trying the double extend lash boosting mascara and liking it pretty well, I decided to give this a whirl. This mascara combined with my Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler has given me great big giant huge long lush lashes!! Yes, I'm serious! I never knew my lashes could look like this just using a mascara. I was highly skeptical about this mascara but for me it works great and I don't have already long lashes-mine are pretty average. I almost look like I have on fake lashes. Washing it off was kind of an odd experience to say the least but I really don't care since it gives me such long lush lashes. This time for me anyway, the hype worked!

on 1/6/2011 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. My sensitive eyes make removal of regular mascaras difficult to say the least. There is no mess and no flaking. Amazing.

on 12/28/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. I thought the packaging was odd at first because the brush and the tube are not the same on both sides (not sure how to explain it). Anyway, I feel like my lashes look longer and the mascara holds curls pretty well. I also like that it doesn't smudge and removing it seems pretty fun to me!