Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

on 4/21/2010 9:20:00 PM

I bought this sunscreen because I have sensitive skin, so I thought what would be better than a sunscreen for babies. It leaves a white cast no matter how much I rub it in. Very disappointing.

on 3/29/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was not impressed with this sunscreen. I know it isn't marketed for the face, but I still had high hopes. I was excited to find a sunblock that had only zinc oxide and titanium oxide listed as its active ingredients, but this one just didn't work for me. Although it didn't leave as much of a white film as many physical sunblocks, it did leave a greasy film that never "matted" down for me. Even after applying makeup (I use MMU), I still felt shiny...and I have normal/dry skin. It just got worse throughout the day. The sunscreen was comfortable, and to my knowledge never made me break out, but the cosmetic problems outweighed the other pros. In addition, the list of inactive ingredients is a mile long. I'll wait and use it on my body during the summer.

on 3/17/2010 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only SS my 7 year old's skin can tolerate. We've tried SO many and this is the only one that keeps him from getting a sunburn and doesn't give him a bumpy rash. I've bought this over and over again and will continue to do so =)

on 2/2/2010 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is great stuff. i use it on my kids and they have no reactions to it at all. blocks the sun and is easy to remove.

on 1/23/2010 12:03:00 AM

i'm trying to really use sunscreen again after seeing all those skin cancer articles on magazines. i hate how some sunscreens makes you all oily but i'm glad i found this one that keeps my skin normal. i have sensitive skin and this product worked well. will definitely buy again when i run out! but i only use a small dab every time so one bottle really goes a long way.

on 1/21/2010 9:07:00 PM

I originally bought this to use on my arms when I walk on the beach at my lunchtime, but it didn't spread well enough, was kind of thick. I decided to use it on my face while I was doing my yard work, and somehow it spread beautifully on my face and did not accentuate my huge pores. I have very ruddy skin, and it really toned me down and gave my skin a smooth look. It is waterproof, and my makeup sticks to it even when I'm perspiring in the heat.

on 11/25/2009 11:09:00 AM

First, let me begin by saying I have tried every sunscreen. I am very fair, on Differin, and am in my late 30's, so I HAVE to wear sunscreen. I am also acne-prone AND very sensitive so you can imagine my difficulties in finding a sunscreen that works well for me. All of the chemical sunscreens cause me to react and break out, even Mexoryl. I have to use a physical block but most of them feel so suffocating and give my skin an alien hue. I am very fair so the color is less of a problem for me than most. This sunscreen feels soothing, moisturizing and not too sticky or smothering. It gives my skin a soft powdery finish. It starts out greasy but then quickly dries to a powdery finish. In fact, if I don't moisturize underneath this sunsreen the minerals suck out all the moisture from my skin. This is my HG. It's completely non-irritating and is keeping my skin protected and free of breakouts.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product works great so far. I mixed it with some other sunscreens that I already had so I didn't have the white streaking problem. It doesn't burn and isn't greasy. I like the amount of SPF and the fact that it uses physical sun protection ingredients. I really like how my skin is matte with this product. Would rebuy.

on 9/12/2009 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love that there is an accessible all physical sunscreen option in the drugstores. But this will likely NOT be your go-to sunscreen. The texture is slightly sticky, leaves a white cast, and balls up when combined with a variety of other products (my acne med for example). However, I have worn this to the beach all day and it didn't break me out. I would use this for the face and body on days when you'll be out in the sun a lot because it's relatively inexpensive and the active ingredients are stable and dependable.

on 9/2/2009 3:33:00 PM

As pointed out by Rebeccacribb's post, methylisothiazolinone is a very sensitizing preservative, which is not supposed to be used in leave-on products.There are a few published researches on this. Also, although it has not been proven yet, based on animal test, methylisothiazolinone could potentially cause brain damage. It's a pity that Neutrogena use it in baby products :-( Otherwise, it would be a good sunscreen.