August 20, 2014 | 1098 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by treyscrap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only SS my 7 year old's skin can tolerate. We've tried SO many and this is the only one that keeps him from getting a sunburn and doesn't give him a bumpy rash. I've bought this over and over again and will continue to do so =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is great stuff. i use it on my kids and they have no reactions to it at all. blocks the sun and is easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by martha1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm trying to really use sunscreen again after seeing all those skin cancer articles on magazines. i hate how some sunscreens makes you all oily but i'm glad i found this one that keeps my skin normal. i have sensitive skin and this product worked well. will definitely buy again when i run out! but i only use a small dab every time so one bottle really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by maryg92844

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this to use on my arms when I walk on the beach at my lunchtime, but it didn't spread well enough, was kind of thick. I decided to use it on my face while I was doing my yard work, and somehow it spread beautifully on my face and did not accentuate my huge pores. I have very ruddy skin, and it really toned me down and gave my skin a smooth look. It is waterproof, and my makeup sticks to it even when I'm perspiring in the heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Cabintree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, let me begin by saying I have tried every sunscreen. I am very fair, on Differin, and am in my late 30's, so I HAVE to wear sunscreen. I am also acne-prone AND very sensitive so you can imagine my difficulties in finding a sunscreen that works well for me. All of the chemical sunscreens cause me to react and break out, even Mexoryl. I have to use a physical block but most of them feel so suffocating and give my skin an alien hue. I am very fair so the color is less of a problem for me than most. This sunscreen feels soothing, moisturizing and not too sticky or smothering. It gives my skin a soft powdery finish. It starts out greasy but then quickly dries to a powdery finish. In fact, if I don't moisturize underneath this sunsreen the minerals suck out all the moisture from my skin. This is my HG. It's completely non-irritating and is keeping my skin protected and free of breakouts.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product works great so far. I mixed it with some other sunscreens that I already had so I didn't have the white streaking problem. It doesn't burn and isn't greasy. I like the amount of SPF and the fact that it uses physical sun protection ingredients. I really like how my skin is matte with this product. Would rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love that there is an accessible all physical sunscreen option in the drugstores. But this will likely NOT be your go-to sunscreen. The texture is slightly sticky, leaves a white cast, and balls up when combined with a variety of other products (my acne med for example). However, I have worn this to the beach all day and it didn't break me out. I would use this for the face and body on days when you'll be out in the sun a lot because it's relatively inexpensive and the active ingredients are stable and dependable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AngelaQoQ

As pointed out by Rebeccacribb's post, methylisothiazolinone is a very sensitizing preservative, which is not supposed to be used in leave-on products.There are a few published researches on this. Also, although it has not been proven yet, based on animal test, methylisothiazolinone could potentially cause brain damage. It's a pity that Neutrogena use it in baby products :-( Otherwise, it would be a good sunscreen.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sugarplum25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, Neutrogena....you just keep rockin'. This is the only high SPF sunblock I can use on my face; although I originally bought it to replace the Dry Touch SPF 100+, which was too heavily (tho prettily)scented and competed with my perfume when I used it on my body, I soon discovered that, unlike most sunscreens actually marketed for facial use, this one doesn't break me out, leave me greasy, or interfere with my makeup! Yay! While it does indeed leave a slight whitish cast, I don't mind, since I've already decided to embrace (and protect) my pale english rose complexion. If you have darker skin, this may not be the sunscreen for you, although I do think a bit of bronzer could easily counter that effect, and the benefits FAR outweigh this little con! The finish is velvety and dewy, it lasts all day, and makeup and lotion apply easily as long as you give it about 10-15 minutes to sink in. While a little pricy for a drugstore brand, compared to Korres Watermelon, Shiseido, or Clinique sunscreens, this is higher performance with a low, low price tag. And, they have a little promo deal going on right now at Walgreens, Rite aid, and Freddies, where you get a little travel size as well, which is just lovely!
*EDIT* Never mind. after a couple of months with no problems I started getting persistent hard whiteheads (I know, gross!) and seriously clogged pores in my T-zone. Finally traced it to this. Still using on my arms and legs, but I will find something else for my face. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I was thinking I could use this on my face. By itself it's like smearing glue and it leaves me as pale as a ghost. If I mix it with moisturizer first, it's not so bad.