July 23, 2014 | 1581 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush isn't as soft as some other brushes but it's not as horrible as a lot of the people on here make it seem. It works really well with the bare minerals. Like another reviewer said you have to buff, buff, buff. I have had my brush for five years now and it has no problems. It had fall out at first but after a few washes it's fine. I don't think I have ever had a brush that hasn't had shedding. I love my kabuki and will continue to use it. No other brush works as well as this one for my BE.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lipbalmaddicted

I agree with the comment below. I think BE brushes are good for using with BE products only. I tried applied BE foundation with MAC kabuki brush and didn't get the same flawless finish. This is absolutely a no no for sensitive skin or any skin !!! the bristles are so harsh and painful to use. I didn't expect them to be as soft as MAC due to their lower price. But I do however expect more from BE than this torture brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Geez ladies, why all the hate for this brush? I LOVE this brush, only for bare minerals though. if you try to apply BM with any other brush you will NOT get the same results. This is the key... BUFF BUFF BUFF... i know i sound like a commercial but seriously BUFF.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh wow, this thing is awful. It's so scratchy. It feels horrible to rub on your skin. Not a good idea to use if you have sensitive skin. Well not a good idea to use this in general. I don't like this it all. There are so many more alternatives to this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jasonshannon76

I use this Kabuki Brush for my Bare Minerals and although it is not the softest I've ever used it covers really well. It holds a lot of product on it, and blends nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love BE, but I don't think BE makes the best quality brushes. The brush hair is kind of coarse and doesn't wash well. Thankfully there are lots of great brushes in the world that work just as well if not better with the BE products!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an instrument of torture! Wicked scratchy and painful! I must have washed this a bajillion times and it still feels like a cactus. Doesn't buff anything and applies products all splotchy. There are so many better brushes out there. Save your money. Pass on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this with the bare essentials starter kit several years ago.
I HATE THIS BRUSH.
It is PAINFUL to use! It is not soft at all, and its prickly and stiff, i hate it so much.
I thought for several years that all kabuki brushes were like this, so i stayed away from them until a recent trip to sephora i finally felt one again, and the sephora ones were so soft! So i bought one of those.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received my BE Kabuki brush as part of the starter kit.
I would NEVER buy this brush.....ever. It is rough on the skin & doesn't grab enough mineral foundation. If you want to use mineral foundation, definitely go out & buy a different kabuki brush. Even if it's one from Target! Your mineral makeup will look better & your skin will thank you for it!
After several washings, it gets even more stiff & prickly. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by laurenf13

Definitely not a soft brush. It feels very rough on my skin, and almost agitates it. I do not want a makeup brush that makes my skin freak out and more sensitive than it already is. The only reason this merits 3 stars is for its coverage; it achieves a pretty full coverage as it is supposed to