November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupdiva224

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells so good and it is so pigmented. Love it, its nice and matte

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just need to say it aloud: "I miss Aqua Bunny Bronzer from Too Faced!!"

Okay, got that out. Because I loved Aqua Bunny so much I decided to try the Chocolate Soleil. I was looking for more of a matte bronzer and this fit the bill. It has a nice (minimal) cocoa powder scent. It's sweet without being disturbingly sweet.

I find that the coverage is buildable and I appreciate that as I'm a olive-skinned girl who, despite wearing SPF daily like it's my job, gets tan in the sun. Another thing I noticed is that it's not chalky like some bronzers.

I would say the best thing (which is probably a weirdo thing to say) is that it doesn't make me look 'dirty'. A few other department store matte bronzers make me feel like Pig Pen. For instance, Benefit Hoola made me look like I was heading to a callback for Les Mis, auditioning for the part of a street urchin.

Nonetheless, this is not orange, but I detect something in the bronzy color that makes it more 'I just spent a day at the beach' versus 'I just did some major dumpster diving.'

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by SO11

Great for contouring, does not have red undertones. Lovely smell, finely miller. I got mine for free via Sephora's VIB points program, so I have a little sample-sized pan; however I think it's so amazing I'm going to have to buy the full-sized product just in case it gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ivankaranka

I have a love/hate relationship with this bronzer because it really does work well and adds a nice matte bronzed look when contouring and it smells so damn good, but i can't really justify the ridiculous 30 dollar price tag when it does not really outshine other bronzers even drugstore ones. One of the ways that it might would be that it is not powdery, once you stick your brush in the powder is so finely milled that it won't be all over the compact like other bronzers/blushes. Although it does seem very dark and like it could leave some harsh lines it does come off very light once applied on the face, and if you do use a heavy hand it is very blend able and an easy fix. Overall, if you've been wanting to try it and have 30 bucks to spare, I think you should try it once (mostly so you can smell its deliciousness) it is definitely a good bronzer but not worth the expensive price to me. If you don't have that kind of money to spend using a wet and wild or nyc sunny bronzer will give you the same effect as this one for way cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by takeit2damax321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer was exactly what I wanted for a good, sculpted contour. It has NO hints of orange or red undertones, which is a huge plus for me. The fragrance is amazing; it smells exactly like hot cocoa powder/chocolate. However, one warning to future users of this product: Do NOT go into your contour with a heavy hand (unless you are trying to achieve the drag queen look).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 More reviews by ALEXXIS143

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have medium/tan skin tone NW35/40 MAC, TAN HONEY in Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay full coverage Foundation. I was excited to purchase this bronzer (in deep) based on great reviews on MakeupAlley, went to Sephora, swatched it, and to my disappointment it looked too ashy, barely any color picked up on my fingers. I had seen a video of a girl well of darker complexion than I am stating she loved it because it gave her a natural shadow when she applied it to her cheeks, so I decided it would be best to try it on directly on the hollows of my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised! the color is a true brown, no red or orange undertones, matte, not shimmer at all, a natural brown shadow is exactly how I would describe it & and it definitely showed. Furthermore, a little went a looong way, I can see why some people might say it looked muddy, or dirty & its definitely possible if you apply too much, i dabb once quickly with my brush and build up from there because before you know it, you have a natural beautiful tan building up. Nothing like i have tried before. I didn't hescitate to purchase and have been using it on a daily basis since. You can do a strong contour or go very light as an everyday use & have a gorgeous natural tan effect to your skin. The smell is very subtle and it goes away almost immediately once applied & the price.. $30 but I'm sure it will take a long time to go through the entire compact being that it is very pigmented. and it lasts ALL day. Take your favorite brush and test it at Sephora for yourself, you'll be happy you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This bronzer is INCREDIBLE!! I kept staring at myself after I put it on shocked at how real my bronzed skin looks - it really, really looks like I'm tan! I am very fair and this is not too dark on me at all! This just looks totally sun kissed and natural. Also, it goes on so unbelievably smooth for all over coverage that's not streaky or uneven at all! I can't believe how easy this is to apply. I used the Too Faced Flatbuki brush, which is also amazing, and which I also reviewed. And an added bonus: this bronzer actually smells like hershey's kisses! Hands down best bronzer EVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty good! My skin is quite pale, which I love, but I also have a baby face with almost no definition. I was scared this would turn orange on me, but it doesn't. I never used bronzer before this as I found they made my light skin look muddy. This warms up my face nicely without making it appear much darker - maybe a half of a shade, if that. Which is also why I love it! Like I mentioned, I love my pale skin but it was in desperate need of some warmth and definition. The smell is amaaaazing!! I bought this in the Beauty Blogger Darlings set from Sephora, and the small size has lasted forever! Absolutely love it