July 29, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Never Fail Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by hydramgeablue

Dear MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour,

I confess, I cheated on you. You are beautiful, you can last for hours and hours...but I hate your lipgloss topcoat. I've never been a fan of MAC Lipglass, and that's how your topcoat feels on my lips. Sticky, tacky (as in adhesive), and with a cloying smell that reminds me of toothpaste.

It was all too easy. I saw the L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick at the drugstore, and I went for it. I chose Orchid, which is pink but not too pink. It goes on smoothly. The color is pigmented. And the topcoat is how a topcoat should be. Moisturizing without gluing my lips together. The smell is a pleasing berry scent that doesn't overpower. Also, L'Oreal Infallible doesn't inflict quite as much damage to my bank account as you do.

Don't worry, MAC Pro Longwear, I still love you, and I know our relationship can weather this. You still do last longer than L'Oreal. I'll just be putting the L'Oreal Infallible Topcoat over you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this.. was my very first lipstick =] i was always a lipgloss girl, until i found my two drugstore fav's..

burts bee's lip shimmer in "toffee"

l'oreal infallible lipstick in "nutmeg"

before i got into mac, these were my go to lipsticks, they are both a dark chocolatey color..toffee has a shimmer and is moisturizing with a mint scent. nutmeg is a dryer formula with minimal shimmer and a top coat. no scent.

when i first tried l'oreal's infallible i was impressed, it stayed on for about 6 hours in the hot sun, you can use the top coat they give you right after your first color coat dries, and then later on use a gloss or balm of your own.

the only downside to this product is the dryness, you need to have perfectly moist lips to apply, it can show the lines and dry skin. other than that its great! just prep your lips before applying.

you will want to apply the color base first and let it dry for about two minutes, you can purse your lips together to spread around quickly, but after the first couple seconds it gets sticky, so i usually like to use the doe foot applicator and apply like a lip brush very carefully to my top and bottom lip. when it dries i apply the top coat and im ready to go..

after a while the top coat will wear off, thats when i apply a gloss of my own. my faves for nutmeg are "chai" and "c-thru" lipglass by mac, there sticky and are perfect over the top and seem to hold the color in place well.

overall i would suggest this product to anyone who needs a lipstain or lipstick to last a long time without applying..i would imagine this would be a good lipstick for women who have jobs where they have to talk a lot and don't have time to apply..they have a range of colors from red to pink to others, but im a huge nude lip girl, and they don't have anything nude enough, so i wear this more when im going out at night or for a special occasion, and ill wear a lighter creamier lipstick during the day like "myth" "gel" or "creme d nude" by mac.

hope this review helps..and remember, if you buy one of these and you don't like the color or formula, you can return it, never settle for a makeup product, we pay good money for it, so it should look the way we want it too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only have a couple of colors, both of them red. It's not quite as good as Revlon's ColorStay IMO, but it does what it says. I'm not crazy about the packaging, and I keep forgetting to check if they give the same amount as Revlon... Gotta get on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

This is a very good product that initially was not wholly appreciated but now....I have several colors and I find it lasts, looks great and does not leave my lips dried out. The downside is that it is difficult to get an accurate idea of the shade so somehow the packaging could be improved. Overall it's very good; could be a little less costly, though, since it is a drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Yes this is really infallible - I used to like MAC prowear but that turned gritty on me after a while and the colors werent great (looked artificial like you really were wearing lipstick if you know what I mean). This stuff really does stay on all day and the balm is nice, not sticky. As previous reviews say, key is application - single quick swipe of colour and leave at least a minute then balm.
Unfortunately not cheap here in holland - 19 euro for essentially a drugstore product but hey its good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by dnagirl

I have these in a couple of colors - wasn't terribly impressed at first, but now I truly love them - and it's all in how you use it. My lips basically have no natural color and I am constantly putting on lipstick. I don't need to when I wear this. My lips have color all day! I agree with a previous reviewer that lip prep is key. I alway wear lip balm to bed and use Mary Kay's lip mask a couple of time a week. I make sure my lips are free of any balm before applying this, though, and also agree that too much will mess it up. Just a single, not-too-heavy coat and then let it dry completely - no pressing the lips together. After a minute or two, I apply the clear coat that comes with it and I'm good to go. At work, I sometimes will touch up with another (usually neutral color) lipstick over it - just a dab for moisture, but the base color lasts all day and into the evening. I'm really glad I gave these another try! I think I'll try the lipsticks next...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would say that the color stays soooo long !!!! It's like sticking to where you put it. The color (303) is very lovely as well, really like the color. But what's the point in staying strength and beautiful color while making your lips dry as hell ?!? Even with the lip balm provided or my own one, I don't feel my lipstick soft and moisturized at all. Letting your lips dry out means killing them. I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

Hmm... I paid a lot of money for this. It costs 19 euros here in Holland. . and.. im sorry but it just doesnt work for me! I cant recommend this and here is why.
Let me start The color is nice(304 Stay nude),but the shimmer makes my lips look wrinkled. The product doesnt apply smoothly. The lipstick seems a bit hard/dry. I have to be sooo carefull or it will cake!! ( Maybe I bought a product that is old. I am unsure.. but the plastic was still on it so.. i dont know! ) Anyway it does last on my lips for 8 hours+ It flakes a bit but becuase it is a nude color.. you cant see it. I dont recommend this!! Its expensive. One thing I have to say.. the packaging is awesome!!

EDITED/ TIP: have been changing my lipcare routine + the way I apply this . I prep my lips a lot before I use this lipstick.. and DAMN!! This lipstick is insane!!! The differance is huge!! I really tought i had preped my lips prior to using this but i guess I was wrong. Make sure your lips are very very soft and smooth. Use a lipbalm at night or scrub your lips prior to using. When applying. One coat is enough. Dont go back and forth. Dont press your lips until the product is completely dry. And use a lot of topcoat! After I used a lot of topcoat My lips were soft all day! And I didnt even have to reapply the topcoat.

This is an amazing lipproduct if you know how to use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by abfrey974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a cool toned pale complexion. After wavering between Lilly and Gardenia, I chose the former. I was hesitant, as this was $9 at Target + I have trouble finding a color that's not too pink/red/brown/plum. I like this. The pigment is less intense than the wand version, making the color forgiving. Its a rosy blush that looks natural but better. The balm topcoat is the perfect balance of slip and moisture and not sticky at all. Staying power good if applied to clean, exfoliated lips. May get brave and go for Primrose or Zinfandel if it goes on sale. Minus one lippie for price. I'm a cheap skate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by principia

This stuff *is* amazing. I wore Maybelline Superstay for a while, but it does not compare to the consistency and longevity of Infallible. Even without the gloss, it is a great lipcolor and not too drying.

ps. Target Red is a super fun bright red shade. Check it out!