August 20, 2014 | 1461 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush, as with most of the Elf Studio brush.. now my review may be biased considering i am poor & on a tight budget so i only use affordable/cheap brushes but really i dont feel like i need to spend a fortune bc my brushes work & this one is a MUST HAVE!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Elf Studio single brushes or sets can be found on the eyeslipsface website as well as some Target, Kmart, Sears Grand stores. The availability will vary depending on your location. The price is amazing on the brushes, each brush is only $3 or even less if you wait to get a good sale on the elf site or use retailmenot website for coupon codes. Either way, these brushes are well worth the $3 price tag. They are def better quality then the Elf $1 brushes.
~~PERFORMANCE/USES~~
The Elf Studio contour brush is amazing! Its a nice dense sythetic domed crease/contour brush. The brush size is small but not too small. Great for those like myself with smaller eyes since it allows precision if needed. This is dense enough to pack on more shadow if needed as well as blend with an airbrush finish. This is great for crease or outer v work. Since this is synthetic, it can be used for both dry and liquid/cream products & it works with all well. This is great for applying & blending shadows. This is great for natural & smoky looks. I think everyone should own at least 2 of these. This has done wonders for my looks. I use it just about everyday!
~~PACKAGING/UPKEEP~~
The Elf Studio brushes are very simple but sleek and pretty. They def look better than the $1 brushes. But id rather a brush perform better than look better. But all the Elf Studio brushes are a matte black handle & ferrule as well as black synthetic bristles. The Elf logo as well as brush name is located on the handle in white stamping/paint. It makes it nice to see which brush is which. (if you dont want the letters to fade over time, applying a thin layer of a clear nail polish over it will help store it longer or a piece of scotch tape but its up to you) The bristles on all of these brushes are synthetic but nice & soft. Very soft & perform very well. This makes it nice since you can use wet or dry products on brush w/out fears of ruining them. I have not had a single bristle shed on any of my brushes thus far & ive owned these all for at least 2 years with at least once a month deep cleaning plus daily cleansing. The ferrule has came loose on one of my brushes but nothing super glue wouldnt fix. Its fine with me. It was probably from washing when it become loose. These wash very easily as well as dry time is not super long as say natural hair brushes would be. I like that i can wash them today & by tomorrow i can use them. The bristles have not changed since washing my brushes & have remained intact & shaped since day one. I think its amazing that a $3 brush has had help up better than one that i spent at least 3x as much for. Also, with Elf brushes, i find there are minor inconsistencies meaning you can order 2 of the same brush & each may be slightly different. So if you can see them in stores, its better since you can pick which one looks best for you. The contour brush isnt as bad as others though in that area.
Overall, the Elf Studio Contour brush is a must have! esp if you need a good crease/blending brush. I suggests picking up at least 2... I love this brush. Its made my smoky looks look so much better since its great for applying & blending effortlessly!! AMAZING BRUSH!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by orchidally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great beginner contouring brush if you are a beginner in makeup and would like to practice on yourself or others while on a budget!

I got my entire order for 55% off, so the brush was even cheaper.

I love the way the studio line of brushes look. They are black, and sleek, and quite good at what they claim to do.

This particular brush works alright at what it claims to do, but it takes a lot more effort to blend with it than it should take. While it is quite possible to get a great look using this brush, a good contouring brush will make blending a lot less tedious and effortless.

The fact that it is so cheap makes it definitely worth the purchase, but if you have more money to invest in a contouring brush, I would skip this and purchase a better quality brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by SummerDew

This brush isn't dense at all! It`s ridiculous.... when I pinch the brush hairs to the side you see a gap leading to the shaft of the brush. Poorly made since almost another half of the hairs can fit in the space. Not sure if it`s only me that notices this? Perhaps I got a defected one but I see some people with low reviews experienced the same problem.

However if you don't pinch it... it looks normal and you can still blend/contour I guess... But I just find it really bothersome that the hairs don't fill up the entire metal part of the shaft so pretty garbage brush to me. Oh well with such a low price (plus I got 75% off), I guess you need to take a little gamble on whether the products turn out well. But I think the $1 blending brush from elf does a better job than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

5 stars, excellent brush. I also recommend the $1 eyeshadow brush and blending/crease brushes. I have nothing bad to say, this is excellent even if you ignore the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

out of elf's studio line, this is my least favorite brush of the ones i have. just like the other studio line brushes, the bristles are super soft and well packed into the brush, however, it doesn't work for me. first of all, it doesn't blend shadows at all. and for a contour brush, it's pretty small. what i like the least about the brush is that bc i have asian eyes, you can't see the hollow of my eyes and i need to push contour/blending brushes into where the socket is supposed to be...when i do that w/this brush, the plastic part that holds the bristles in my place scratch against my eyelid bc it's wider than the bristles themselves. though the quality of the brush is good, for a contour brush, i expect something fluffier/bigger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Soft. Not flimsy. Dense to pack on as much eyeshadow as you need. worth $3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this and a regular, white $1 eyeshadow brush and this is MILES better than the latter. Seriously, I wanted to chuck the other one in the trash but I figured they must be a use for it later on. Anyway, this one is great to use as blending, contouring brush and it's soft and easy on delicate eyelid skin. It's cheap too! I'll get it again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this, I didn't think I'd be using it much, but now I use it all the time. It's perfect for color in the crease, and it's super easy to clean. For $3, this is a fantastic buy. Since discovering E.L.F studio line brushes, I don't really feel a need to spend buttloads of money on MAC brushes anymore.

Of course, there are some select MAC brushes that just can't be duped and are fantastic, but I find that I reach for some of my E.L.F Studio brushes over my MAC ones now. Should've just gotten the whole set! I'm finding that I like each of the 3 Studio brushes I have so far and am so tempted to get the rest of the set!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW! This brush is amazing! It's much better than my sephora brush! This is the softest brush I have ever used. It's also very easy to clean because it's taklon. The size is perfect and the quality is unbelievable. This is a high quality brush. I would pay MAC prices for this brush because it is MAC quality, but thanks to ELF I don't have to. I just did my eyes today with this brush and it was easier and better looking than anything else I had ever used. This brush makes professional looking eyeshadow application easy. Even if you have a large budget for makeup, this brush is worth purchasing. Everyone should have one. I have two. I am sold on ELF brushes. I will never again throw my money away on sephora quo or mac brushes when these ELF brushes perform as well or better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this brush!! it blends plus it fits my crease perfectly, ive been using this every day since i got it and im quite happy with it- and may even be contemplating getting another one soon,

the reviewer under me said that hers doesn't seem full enough- mine is pretty full but i've recently ordered a second eyeshadow "c" brush that is lacking in the quality area when compared to the one i already owned- i think its a quality issue not a brush issue so don't be scared to try this! +++ if you recieve a bad one just contact elf their cs is great.