April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Concealers - Almay - Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

This is one of the best I have used because it's liquid and blends perfectly! I like that it has spf in it, that's a big deal to me and it really is amazing lasting. The only thing is that it doesn't cover undereye circles very well (but I don't expect that of any concealer unless it's the cakey kind which isn't worth it anyways!) It may not be the best at concealing, but it's enough for me and since it doesn't leave me orange, I have to praise it! I'm on my second tube already, so obviously I will repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

why, oh, why was this discontinued!?!? My HG concealer (in light). Almost seems to meld with your skin, looking very natural & stays for hours! I disagree with the opinions of others on here that it does not cover zits well. I believe it just takes a little practice of building up thin layers of this product to do the trick. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sh1na

i actually like this better than my L'Oreal Airwear Brightner, but it's still not HG material. i'm thinking of getting Bobbi Brown Corrector next since it has gotten some great reviews. i'm in desperate need of something to cover my undereye circles! ggrrr! n-e-ways, this Almay concealer is pretty great. the coverage is light to medium and it goes on great...sinks right into ur skin. doesn't look unnatural and has great lasting power. will continue to use this until i find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

I've tried many highend concealers (mac, clinique, and smashbox) and this one is best for undereyes. It goes on very smooth and looks natural under eyes. I also use this to cover up acne scars but it's a bit too watery for that. It's also very cheap! I got two of this for $5.49 at a walgreens sale. It's a STEAL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. I use the Light/Pale to cover blemishes and hyperpigmentation, and the Fair/Medium to even out the area under my eyes. This concealer stays put, does not look cakey, and does not migrate into my laugh lines like some higher-end concealers I've tried (e.g., Lancome). I hope that Almay never discontinues the production of this concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by xsubterranean

this is one of the better concealers that i've tried. it really does last and it covers darkness and redness pretty well. however, it doesn't cover up larger blemishes that well. it layers well over dark spots but if you try to cover up a big pimple it can look cakey. i got it in beige, which i think was too light for me. i have medium olive-toned skin and some spots looked a little ashy, but powder helped it blend in better. good concealer for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by CloudsInMyBourbon

I am by no means a concealer expert, but this is my favorite. I have combination skin that gets really oily in the humid months, especially in the eye area. This covers well and slows down the oil slick. I also use it as an eye shadow base (I typically cover my whole eye area with concealer). As I'm getting older, the eyes are getting puffier and darker and this helps. I didn't wear it one day, and a coworker asked me if I was tired or feeling okay. Eeep! That sold me! I never go anywhere now without concealer and sunscreen. I hate that I'm becoming more high maintenance with age...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kristikreme

This is a pretty good concealer-- if you don't have much to conceal. Fortunately for me, I have a nice complexion, but there are several red blotches that I would like to cover up. This does a adequate job in doing so, but I have to layer on more than I would like. After application, it begins to settle in fine lines and would accentuate dryness that I usually do not have. There is also a lack of color selection. I'm considered pretty fair (NW 20) and I'm already onto the darkest color they have (medium.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by bududaddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best concealer for the dark (hereditary) circles under my eyes. I was using maybelline undetectable, which was pretty dang good. However, this stuff looks much more natural and lasts longer. It really resists smudging! It doesn't settle into the fine lines around my eyes like most concealers do. It looks more natural than any other concealer I've tried, and I've tried a ton of them. I have dark, almost black hair, and a medium/olive complexion, and the light shade is perfect on me. I think I'm done trying different concealers- this is the one for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 1:33:00 PM More reviews by CantHaveEnoughMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and love it, especially as a shadow base on my lids. It covers beautifully and wears forever!