October 22, 2014 | 1011 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Hitomi22

Oddly enough, being called 2000 Calorie Extreme lash *plumper*, it didn't plump up my lashes at ALL. In fact, I find Max Factor's Volume Couture mascara even more volumizing than this one! I had high hopes for this mascara, thinking it'd match up to CG's lash blast, but unfortunately, no dice! Instead of volumizing my lashes, it just looked like I had applied a clear coat of mascara, which, in a good way, created a more "au natural" look. But I buy mascaras for volumizing purposes, so this mascara is unfortunately a no-go for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bena2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara!!!! and i've never said that about any and i mean any makeup product ever! it gives you dark full thick long lashes..of course you have to put three coats or so but thats with any mascara. it barely clumps! i put a few coats to see if this product does what it claims cuz you never get any length or volume with one or two coats so i applied about 3-4coats and my eyelashes are NOT spidery or clumpy. they may look a little hard but im not totally sure about that yet this is what i wanted in a mascara and i got it...i found the best way to get the dramatic look is to blink onto the brush and roll it upwards...love this mascara will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by shnymrsh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I have tried in years. I have short little non-existent lashes and this mascara really makes me look like I have lush full lashes. It stays on great, no smudging or flaking and really holds a curl. Not quite HG but pretty close for me.

9/18/09 - FYI for anyone that loves this mascara and is upset over the fact that Max Factor will no longer be available in the US as of 2010. Cover Girl Lash Blast is virtually the same product. I used MF on one eye and CG on the other yesterday and couldn't see a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gnarlycarly227

This is my FAVORITE mascara! After comparing it with my Diorshow Iconic, it makes high end brand mascaras look like a joke. Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper did wonders for my invisible lashes. With a few coats, they lifted them up so they looked long and full for the WHOLE day with barely any fallout. And for a mascara, it's pretty cheap. I will DEFINITELY repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this product has finally convinced me that rubbery mascara wands are not meant for me. I keep trying them because everyone seems to love them, but they don't give me what I need from my mascara (length and volume) no matter what they promise. I was kind of over this idea for a while anyway, but I really like the original 2000 Calorie mascara so I was suckered into giving this a go. It unfortunately doesn't do half as much for my short, stumpy & sparse lashes that the original does. It does a good job of defining my lashes and keeping them spread and separate. It's nice and black, it doesn't flake, and holds curl better than most mascaras I've tried so it has those things going for it. But adding volume? Not so much. I had to apply coat after coat to get my lashes to look just as thick as they do when I use the original 2000 Calorie, and at that point, the mascara just looked heavy and cakey even if it was pretty clumpfree. I looked like I was wearing falsies, but not in a good way. In the cheap, poorly made kewpie doll sort of way, not the "too lush and glam looking to be real!" way. I tried using the wand from an old tube of the original to see if it was the product or the delivery that was causing the problems, and it did a much better job using the original formula's brush so the mascara itself doesn't seem to be the problem. I've also found this mascara to be messier to apply than most. The wand is thick, but the bristles on it are actually short so I had a hard time not accidentally bumping the wand up against my lid (thus leaving behind mascara smudges) while I was doing my lashes.

Judging by the number of positive reviews, this product clearly works for a lot of people. I think that if you're a fan of mascaras like Lash Blast, Lash Exact, Inimitable, etc. this would probably work well for you. If you're a fan of the original 2000 Calorie, this will probably disappoint you. As I fall in the latter group, I'll be returning this soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I prefer this over Lash Blast - I get more bigger lashes and less flaking.

I use this together with Stretch and Separate to try to get a bit more length. I can put two coats of each with no clumping and big, fat dark black lashes that stay glossy all day with very little flaking. I do wish I got more length - even with the S&S, but this combo remains my HGATM mascara.

I find it to be water resistant, but not at all waterproof. It comes off well in the shower, but I need makeup remover if just washing my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by razl

I too received this item through Bzz Agent (I noticed a few others also reported here), and wanted to include my review as well. I am on the fence about this mascara. I like the formula and the results, but for me personally the brush is too big and the product seems to get on my lids each time. For those gals that like the large brush, I think they will really like this mascara. If you like Max Factor but don't like the brush, then try Volume Couture - that is my favorite Max Factor mascara and I don't seem to have the application "challenges" with that formula and brush. Max Factor does make some great mascaras though, you just need to find the right one for your style.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bobaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first glance, this Lash Plumper reminds me a lot of Covergirl's Lash Blast. It has the same bristle type brush, except I think the Lash Plumper is slightly bigger. With that said, I LOVE big mascara wands!! It ensures that my lashes are coated at once everytime. This is definitely not for the timid or meek. If you're not used to using a big brush, it'll take some courage and practice. My favorite mascaras are DiorShow and Benefit's BADgal lash due to their humongo mascara wand and bristles and this Lash Plumper definitely ranks up there. BTW. I was fortunate enough to received this product from BzzAgent.com =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

This mascara is a bit above being just okay, but not quite fabulous. The formula is slightly better than lash blast, but nothing spectacular. I found that I get much more oomph if I let the first few coats dry for a few minutes and then add a few more coats. However, it does seem to make lashes very brittle after a few uses. In my opinion, it does the exact same thing as 2000 Calorie, with 2000 Calorie being much cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't understand all of the hype over this mascara. I love Max Factor mascaras, and I'm all for the thick, lengthy dramatic lash look, but this 2000 calorie has yet to please me. Again. I bought the original 2000 calorie mascara a few months ago after reading such rave reviews, and was disappointed. Not only did it have a weird brush, ridiculously clumpy texture, peculiar smell, and fail to provide my lashes with much length or curl, but it also made more of my lashes fall out than usual while I gently removed it with my Ponds cold cream. I was very disappointed and ended up throwing it out after less than 5 uses, which I NEVER do with mascaras. Months later (but just about 1 month and half ago relative to today), lo and behold, this new 2000 calorie mascara comes out. I decided to splurge the 10 dollars and give it another shot since I found even "raver" reviews for this mascara.' I was also very excited because it had a rubber brush, which I preferred using. But I was very very disappointed almost immediately because when I inserted the mascara wand into the tube, it was only then that I realized it was pretty much an exact mimic of the orange Cover girl Lashblast mascara, except in black. I hated the bulkiness of lashblast mascara wand and it had also made my lashes dried out, so I wasn't to excited to try out this one. Though the 2000 calorie mascara did make my lashes dark and thick like i liked, it did not hold the hair-dryered lash curl that i had meticulously created and rather caused to fall forward, even almost immediately! Along with that, I had practically no change in length, so it was basically just a really thick mascara. I hated that I had spent so much money to be disappointed once again...So here I am, still in search of my HG mascara and for me the closest has been Maybelline Turbo Blast 8X in waterproof....