November 27, 2014 | 1497 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Blushing Nude

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the texture of this lippie, but the color looked like mud on me. I'd repurchase the same formula, but in a different shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kayjaylvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great color but - Revlon - what is with the little sparklies in the lipstick? I thought I was seeing things when I noticed the little sparklies on my mouth and assumed they came from something else. But, no, the lipstick has very small sparklies in it. I'm way too old for that. Color great - sparkle- No.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lipstick and this colour. Here is why:

The Colour: It is a perfect warm toned rose nude. MLBB shade. Really good neutral daytime lipstick.

Dupes for:Chanel Mademoiselle or Elizabeth Arden's Breathless or NARS La Dolce Vita.

It isn't quite as sheer as EA's Breathless, and a little more neutral into the brown to peach range, less pinky mauve than EA's Breathless. Breathless is more neutral, while Blushing Nude is a bit warmer toned.

Temptalia lists it as a dupe for Chanel's Mademoiselle lipstick, one of Chanel's top sellers. Having tried and loved that one too I have to say the Chanel is a bit more sheer and a liitle more pink but a warm pink with a touch of coral.

This Revlon Blushing Nude is longer lasting, more opaque and has more of a caramel tinged warm peachy pink tone.

I've tried La Dolce Vita from NARS and found that one more greyish mauve tinged, cool toned and a very dry lipstick that parches the lips. This is creamier and warmer in comparison without that grey tinge.

I have a very light redhead skin (pale ivory, with freckles, golden undertone) andI have dark auburn hair. My lips have a fair amount of colour naturally.

I think this colour would suit a lot of skin tones, from the warmer golden undertones even to warming up some of the cooler skin tones and would suit everything from fair/mid tone and darker.

Edited to add: If you get it and it's too opaque or not pink enough then apply it over a really pink lip gloss like L'Oreal's LeGloss in Rasberry Splash. This sheers it out and pinks it up to a nice neutral rose shade. Actually makes it a perfect dupe of Chanel.

Edited to add: The first 6 tubes I bought and used up had no discernible glitter so I could never understand the complaints here about large chunks of glitter just randomly showing up. I get it now. This last tube has one or two flecks of golden glitter landing randomly per swipe. Annoying since this is a cream formula and in spite of the one or two chunks of glitter per swipe, it's still a cream, not a shimmer, pearl or glitter lipstick.

There is no scent or flavour that I can detect! What a relief! This is a decently moisturizing lipstick, something my 50 plus lips require! I have trouble with dry flaky lips but this lipstick is plenty moisturizing.

It doesn't bleed! For those with lip lines, you know what I mean. Too much moisture usually equals bleeding, but this one doesn't and it still isn't dry, and keeps my lips soft and smooth.

I have a general complaint about round lipstick cases though, THEY ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everywhere! Off the counter onto the bathroom floor or worse, launching themselves into the toilet. (and from there they get demoted to the trash).So Revlon if you are listening, go square please! But not with that dratted little nub and slot that L'Oreal has. But on the plus side, it is easy to see into the lipstick case before buying, as it has a clear top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a nude look on my olive skin tone...this lipstick shade gives a lovely nude rosy-peachy transparent shade through which my natural lip shade can be glimpsed a bit. But when I tried on loreal lipstick "In the buff" over it...just a dab in the centre...it became a perfect nude lipstick shade..I lovethis combination which is my perfect nude lips shade!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of Revlon Super Lustrous lippies in general (phenomenal shade range, rich pigmentation, classy packaging) but this is kind of a fugly shade, IMO. At least on me. It looked like a peachy warm nude in the package, but when I opened it and tried it on, it was more of a cool salmon-pink that just does nothing for my warm PPP skin. It's not super-pale, more of a your-lips-but-stronger nude, but still has an annoying chalky '60s-pink aspect that is anything but natural-looking on me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No