December 18, 2014 | 1551 users online

Conditioner - Dabur Vatika Hair Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have hair that is naturally very dry. To help my hair gain as well as retain greater moisture to it, I have found that the use of natural oils on my hair on a regular basis is a must have!

I like to apply vatika oil onto my hair as a pre-poo treatment. It leaves my hair feeling like silk, very shiny, and my hair feels more moisturized than ever!

If you want to have the most healthiest hair possible, adding vatika oil is the way to go!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm biracial and have thick, curly 3C hair. Vatika works great for pre-poos, hot oil treatments, and overnight deep conditioning. I buy it from the Indian grocer and it's inexpensive, has good ingredients, and a little goes a long way. If your hair likes coconut oil try Vatika.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so this product has *the* most RIDICULOUS TV commercial in the history of hair ads. 99.99% of hair ads make no sense anyway, so imagine how bad THIS one must be!
Still, there is something *charming* about dumbness. No wonder blondes are so popular with le boys (boom tisshh!).
k, sorry. My bad. That was uncalled for.
But yeah. The commercial was so stupid it brainwashed me. It lulled me into a state of zombie-like tranquility..then it went in for the kill! And before you know it, I was all, Vatika! Must have Vatika!
Such is the power of lame commercials.

The way the girl played blind man's buff in the middle of a vast magical fairyland, naming each of her friends by the condition of her hair ("Rough as sandpaper! This must be Shayma!")...the way her blindfold kept slipping off but she insisted on pretending it had..the lame rock music in the background.
I mean, my mouth dropped open at the idiocy. (You can watch it on youtube if you want a laugh).

And in this state of awe, those clever pickpockets & wallet-wrenchers (aka advertisers) were able to convince me that "smooth as silk" hair could be MINE too, if I just used the magical Vatika oil. VA-TEE-KAAA..
And...they were RIGHT.
So..um yeah. Review over. It WORKS, people. Smooth, gleaming hair, and all that jazz. BUY IT! Try it. Don't fry with it. (Someone I knew DID that..fry their food with hair oil. Don't worry, I didn't catch their cooties)
Vatika vatika vatika.
(Or, buy the equally good "Bio Amla hair oil" which I recommend because it has almost ALL the same ingredients, except no bleaching chemicals. Oh, and it's MADE IN *PAKISTAN*! Represent, yo!)
...

(Seriously..forget this review. Buy Bio Amla. It's the same product, but it also contains essences du mangoes, Shahid Khan Afridi, and spontaneous bhangra dancing. So, clearly, it wins)
(Don't listen to me. I'm a biased Paki. Buy Vatika)
Ahh I have split personality syndrome!!!! Nooooooo!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For two bucks, I wasn't expecting much. I shampooed my hair, mixed a little of this with my conditioner, and let it sit in my hair for five minutes. When I rinsed, my hair felt so soft and was less frizzy. When my hair dried, I had this nice gloss to my hair. It can even be used as a scalp treatment for those who suffer from dry or itchy scalps. It smells like coconut oil to me and contains lemon and amla oil(gooseberry). As the reviewer noted below, it oddly contains a bleaching agent, but it is way on the bottom of the ingredient list, so I can't say what effects it could produce. That is why I would mix it with conditioner or use it as a night treatment to be on the safe side. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this and parachute. yep im an indian girl through and through, but this never fails when i want that deep oil scalp massage. living in the uk the dry cold weather really ravages your hair. this really soothes and relaxes me, but i always wash it out after a particular time. not something to wear in your hair normally. it really is a great herbal conditioner, i will continue to use. the smell doesnt bother me but would bother most, but hey you get gleaming lustrous hair as the end product, so whiffs here i come lol
EDIT: i feel like im being a b*tch to my hg product, but it was only when i came to the end of my product during usage i wondered what, t butyl hydroquinone is, and hek no it is a bleach type ingredient used to lighten the skin tone, and is in large quantities carcinogenic!!!! no wonder after goin through a whole bottle my hair was 2 shades lighter! and i must say i think it is this that made the two white hairs sprout at the back of my head!!! im very cautious about ingredients like this coming near me.
this is what the product meant when it said prevents oxidisation of the hair, i.e ill lighten your lovely mane with my bleaching properties. i dont bleach my skin tone im happy with my tanned features, why the hek would i lighten my hair with that ingredient.
sorry vatika but for this u lose lippies!!

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I massage a bit of this oil into my hair every once in a while before going to bed. I wash it out in the morning and what do I get? Shiny, moisturized, healthy hair! I love how this has Coconut, Henna, Amla, and Lemon in it. The Coconut Oil in this heals the damage I do to my hair by excessive blow drying, the Henna makes it shiny, the Amla conditions the hair strands, and the Lemon prevents hair from falling out as much. This hair oil has been a staple product for me for the past two years and it has done wonders for my hair. The scent is not too overwhelming in my opinion. The price can't be beat, its so cheap! It also comes in three different sizes which is great since I can always buy the smaller bottle for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now, on with my hair oils. After trying Dabur's Jasmine Hair Oil and finding it good enough, I bought a bottle of Dabur Vatika Hair Oil. Simply because it contains far better ingredients. It's based on coconut oil and is enriched with a mass of herbs and other delish stuff (see below). I mainly got it because it includes Brahmi, a herb that I find to be exceptionally good on my scalp which is hyper sensitive.
The oil smells slightly lemony fresh but still distinctly like coconut oil. It has a yellow-ish tint and feels soft and almost creamy to the touch. Very different from other oils. It's best to keep that in mind when using it as a leave in on damp hair because a very small amount is enough. Since coconut oil is usually solid when cold, you have to warm the bottle in hot water for some minutes. The opening is small enough to allow careful dosing. It goes on smooth and really easy. It doesn't take long at all to work it into scalp and lengths. For best results it's supposed to be kept on for an entire night, though I haven't done that yet. I usually only keep it in my hair for an hour or two and then wash it out. Another great thing about this oil is that it comes off easily and with only washing twice. Usually I would need to wash my hair three or even four times to get all of the oil out. It leaves the hair shiny and smooth, perfectly nourished and slightly fragrant. Perfect. I also use it as a leave in for my ends and they will look incredible when dry! The hair slightly curls and forms lovely, defined strands. Adorable!
I know a lot of people who say Vatika is the best hair oil there is and so far I'm willing to believe it. It does wonders for scalp and hair, has an adorable smell and fantastic ingredients. The only negative thing I could find: The bottle isn't see-through so you will never know when it comes to an end. That's kind of a bummer, really. However, since it's solid plastic, it's also good for putting into hot water over and over again. Anyway, will certainly buy again!

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No