April 20, 2014 | 1526 users online

Conditioner - Dabur Vatika Hair Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this and parachute. yep im an indian girl through and through, but this never fails when i want that deep oil scalp massage. living in the uk the dry cold weather really ravages your hair. this really soothes and relaxes me, but i always wash it out after a particular time. not something to wear in your hair normally. it really is a great herbal conditioner, i will continue to use. the smell doesnt bother me but would bother most, but hey you get gleaming lustrous hair as the end product, so whiffs here i come lol
EDIT: i feel like im being a b*tch to my hg product, but it was only when i came to the end of my product during usage i wondered what, t butyl hydroquinone is, and hek no it is a bleach type ingredient used to lighten the skin tone, and is in large quantities carcinogenic!!!! no wonder after goin through a whole bottle my hair was 2 shades lighter! and i must say i think it is this that made the two white hairs sprout at the back of my head!!! im very cautious about ingredients like this coming near me.
this is what the product meant when it said prevents oxidisation of the hair, i.e ill lighten your lovely mane with my bleaching properties. i dont bleach my skin tone im happy with my tanned features, why the hek would i lighten my hair with that ingredient.
sorry vatika but for this u lose lippies!!

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I massage a bit of this oil into my hair every once in a while before going to bed. I wash it out in the morning and what do I get? Shiny, moisturized, healthy hair! I love how this has Coconut, Henna, Amla, and Lemon in it. The Coconut Oil in this heals the damage I do to my hair by excessive blow drying, the Henna makes it shiny, the Amla conditions the hair strands, and the Lemon prevents hair from falling out as much. This hair oil has been a staple product for me for the past two years and it has done wonders for my hair. The scent is not too overwhelming in my opinion. The price can't be beat, its so cheap! It also comes in three different sizes which is great since I can always buy the smaller bottle for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now, on with my hair oils. After trying Dabur's Jasmine Hair Oil and finding it good enough, I bought a bottle of Dabur Vatika Hair Oil. Simply because it contains far better ingredients. It's based on coconut oil and is enriched with a mass of herbs and other delish stuff (see below). I mainly got it because it includes Brahmi, a herb that I find to be exceptionally good on my scalp which is hyper sensitive.
The oil smells slightly lemony fresh but still distinctly like coconut oil. It has a yellow-ish tint and feels soft and almost creamy to the touch. Very different from other oils. It's best to keep that in mind when using it as a leave in on damp hair because a very small amount is enough. Since coconut oil is usually solid when cold, you have to warm the bottle in hot water for some minutes. The opening is small enough to allow careful dosing. It goes on smooth and really easy. It doesn't take long at all to work it into scalp and lengths. For best results it's supposed to be kept on for an entire night, though I haven't done that yet. I usually only keep it in my hair for an hour or two and then wash it out. Another great thing about this oil is that it comes off easily and with only washing twice. Usually I would need to wash my hair three or even four times to get all of the oil out. It leaves the hair shiny and smooth, perfectly nourished and slightly fragrant. Perfect. I also use it as a leave in for my ends and they will look incredible when dry! The hair slightly curls and forms lovely, defined strands. Adorable!
I know a lot of people who say Vatika is the best hair oil there is and so far I'm willing to believe it. It does wonders for scalp and hair, has an adorable smell and fantastic ingredients. The only negative thing I could find: The bottle isn't see-through so you will never know when it comes to an end. That's kind of a bummer, really. However, since it's solid plastic, it's also good for putting into hot water over and over again. Anyway, will certainly buy again!

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No