October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuffs great. Of course I bought both the shimmer and matte lol and the matte is much better. The tester at the store was shimmer and it was nice but my own is just so shimmery that I don't know what to think. I only wear the shimmer around my eyes and I find they should've just added more mica rather than use actual glitter.....

The mattes very pretty. I normally use PF's Organic Wear version but this is a nicer alternative at the moment, more natural looking, I think it comes with the right amount of product too, enough to get through. That was the problem with the Organic wear one geez I used to use it everyday and not one dent in it lol.

Overall very pretty, natural, and good over the foundation pure blends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by petitepoire

i bought this today at target on a whim. it comes in translucent matte or translucent shimmer. i bought it in matte also, cuz i figured what if shimmer is too shimmery? i rather have it be too matte and just use a luminizer or highlighter with it than have it be too shimmery. what drew me to is was that it's talc free and paraben free with eco-friendly packaging. it comes in a paper box like benefit's box powders but it feels more solid. what i like about the packaging is, when you open the box, there's a fold-over snap on lid for the sifter and a mini powder puff. the mini powder puff is pretty useless. i use a portable retractable powder brush with it. i've always hated loose powders because they're messy but with this packaging, you can totally take it with you and not have to worry about it spilling in your purse.

i'm happy i got the translucent matte because it's not really matte at all. there's mica in it which gives a little radiance so i would say that the matte is more of a natural finish than it is a matte finish. it feels really light weight and airy on the skin and it doesn't look chalky at all or settle into lines or creases. and it blends into the skin very well like i'm not even wearing powder. it claims to be 98.2% natural. i love it! my only complaint is, it's kinda pricey for drugstore brand. it was $11.99 at target. but the quality of it is up there with the more high end cosmetic lines at half the price. i would buy it again but it might be a while til then cuz i take forever to use up powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by QueenofKings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product on a whim but the packaging had me hooked and I lemminged this for a week or so. At any rate, I purchased translucent matte and am very pleased with this powder. The only negative is when I opened this pretty pink and white box the sifter top inside was loose and some of the powder had escaped. I snapped it back into place and all is well. They give you a tiny little puff with it - I found it too small to be of use so I'll probably discard it.

This powder has no fragrance and has a beautiful soft feel. Upon application it left me with a beautiful soft velvet matte finish. It feels comfortable on. Now... I have to hold myself from going back to and getting the shimmer. Nice continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I stumbled upon this product while wandering around walgreens waiting for my prescription. I was intrigued by it because the packaging states 98.2% natural and talc and paraben free. There were two shades, translucent matte and translucent shimmer. I have normal to dry skin, I'm around an NC30 in MAC and take a 30 in Chanel. I chose the translucent matte to set my Chanel Teint Innocence as the TI has plently of "glow" to it. The box is really pretty, it's a pink cardboard box a tiny bit bigger than Benefit Dandelion. Instead of just being a box of powder there is a little fliptop inside that houses the actual powder and has a sifter. So although the bulky packaging is unneccessary I actually really like the packaging as it keeps the powder from going everywhere. When I first opened it I was worried because it is very pink looking and I have olive undertones. It sets my makeup perfectly and makes my skin look velvety. I'm glad I chose this instead of going with Chanel or NARS like I was planning to.