December 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - Blush Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this an awesome palette of blushes. I guess I'm one of the lucky persons who can pretty much wear every color in this. I can use the bright orange and it looks so hot! It's a bit more sophisticated than my usual pinkish-brown blush because it really makes my cheeks stand out. I also like that bright pink because it just looks very natural but also defined. The other colors are cute pink frosts and browns. I was just so surprised that the bright colors looked good on me. This is a great product at a great price, and I really have no complaints. The texture of the product is suprisingly smooth and very pigmented. It's very buttery on me. I hate how I have to put sooo much of MAC mineralized blush on just for it to show up. This palette has the right amount of pigment in each blush. Loving this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by HheartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only had this pallet for 2 days and I'm in love with it already. The packaging is awesome...compact and sleek. The colors are gorgeous- all 10 are truly unique and different from each other. There is something for every skin tone in here. Three different neutrals- a rose toned one, a peach toned one, and a beige-ish one. There are shimmery corals and super pretty baby pink colors, which are my favorite. I will use this every day! You get a nice size of each blush too, so it will last a long time! Only one negative, which is a minor issue, is that the blushes are a little too powdery, so you might get a bit of some fallout, but I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by a2makeup

Well, I heard a lot of hype about this product so I went out and got it. I was completed thrilled at first but then I realized how generic the colors were. Plus the packaging broke really easily. But some of the colors make good dupes for high end stuff so I guess it's good. But I never really use it. Some of the colors are ridiculous too. Like that bright orange and dark, dark brown with the gold chunks in it. I don't know. But I probably would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette don't usually review but, this one deserved it. I'm one of the lucky few who can get a away with all the colours and if you're a medium neutral shade you should as well. Some blushes are chalky but all are very pigmented. Used with a primer, it lasts all day and I mean ALL day. Ladies, play with your make up, use a light hand with different shades to pull off different looks. You'll get more bang for your buck and be more satisfied with your product :) enjoy and i would recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

Like most people, I really wanted to love this product and I was very, very excited to get it. The pictures online, the swatches that are out there--all look pretty neutral and wearable. In real life, however, it does get very dusty but I didn't mind that aspect of it as much. My problem with the blushes (all of them) is how fake they look in natural light. I'd do my makeup and get in the car (where you REALLY get to see your flaws and make up color in all its glory...) and it looked awful... I wont be purchasing again but I would still like to mix this up with something else and make it work for me.

Short story: great colors, but not for a natural look. For clubbing or the runway, maybe!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Have to say I agree with beebop808. I can get away with wearing like 1 or 2 out of the 6 colors. The blushes certainly don't last nor do they go on very well. The only CS blushes I dislike more are in the "new" matte color palettes (the ones with various colors of matte e/s and blushes). I now officially have more blush than I know what to do with. Unfortunately, I'm still searching for a blush that looks good, is easy to apply, lasts for more than 3 hours and costs less than $30.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush palette from CS is alright, nothing spectacular IMO (had for 5 months). Some of the colors are really bright (not my thing). I think there is 2 out of 10 blush colors that work for me. In comparison to MAC or NARS, this doesn't do any justice. Also it doesn't last all day, even with a primer. As for the packaging quality, totally failure and made very cheap, my cover is completely broken and some of the pans popped out within several weeks. I will NOT be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by accessoreyezz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, I found this palette on ebay for almost 10 bucks...so I had to give it a 4. It's the same exact palette on Coastal Scents but for less. Anyway...this palette was a first when I started using Blush. Never been a fan of it, and now I can't get enough (blush). Anyway...this palette is pretty cool, offers a variety of colors and a littel goes a long way. They are very pigmented and they go on easily and blend easily too! My faves are the corals and browns in the palette...but the pinky ones are really nice as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

10/17/2010

It's been well over a year and I haven't made a dent in this palette except for the upper right hand blush which I broke and haven't gotten around to repressing yet. But then again I hardly wear blush. I guess that's why I love this palette, I don't wear blush enough to justify spending a ton of money on it so this palette is the right price range and enough variety for me. Every time I get tempted to buy some expensive Nars Blush I think about this palette sitting around at home and I immediately refrain because I remember how scarcely I use blush and how much of it I have at home. Some of the blushes are powdery/chalky, mainly the brighter pinks. The lasting power on these aren't amazing either but like I said, I hardly wear blush and it's not a big part of my look so it doesn't bother me. Yay for not having to buy blush for the next 10 years.

________________________________________________________________

5/4/2009

People that are in the MAC 30's seem to not like this palette too much, this surprises me because I felt that the range of colors offered something to almost all skintones. (rose, magenta, orange corals, mauve, pink, browns)

I'm BE Golden Medium / light medium with yellow olive undertones and I really like this palette, I don't regularly purchase blush so I thought this would be a nice beginner palette to figure out which colors suit me. I find most of the colors very wearable and all of them very pretty, there are very natural and very dramatic colors. The matte ones are quite powdery and the color payoff varies with the color, they are also very buildable.
I wouldn't buy this again because I don't think I'll ever use all of this up, it's a great value.
The packaging is kinda weak, the CS logo is tacky and cheap looking (I'm going to put stickers all over it to cover this), the pans don't pop out, the plastic insert that holds the pans are a cheap flimsy plastic, and it'd be nice if it contained a mirror..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't worn it long enough (throughout a whole day) but this is my review for my initial thoughts, swatches, etc.

SKIN COLOR: NC 25, uneven/red

Ok wow there are so many pretty pretty colors. I'm sure this doesn't match up to MAC but for the price holy crap .. it's a steal for sure. When I first opened it, my eyes went straight to the hot pink color..swiped it and my eyes popped out .. this this is super pigmented. After, I put it on my cheeks and wow I looked like a doll... it would be great to put on for some type of occasion or for a show...other than that I will def not be using that color on a regular basis. I love that I can mix to get that perfect color. My 2 fav so far are the ones in the very end .. the peach sparkle/coral shimmer. I mixed both and it gave me an awesome finish. Don't use too much product b/c it'll be overboard on the blush. I'll be giving an update so far so good :)