April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - Blush Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kintyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette don't usually review but, this one deserved it. I'm one of the lucky few who can get a away with all the colours and if you're a medium neutral shade you should as well. Some blushes are chalky but all are very pigmented. Used with a primer, it lasts all day and I mean ALL day. Ladies, play with your make up, use a light hand with different shades to pull off different looks. You'll get more bang for your buck and be more satisfied with your product :) enjoy and i would recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

Like most people, I really wanted to love this product and I was very, very excited to get it. The pictures online, the swatches that are out there--all look pretty neutral and wearable. In real life, however, it does get very dusty but I didn't mind that aspect of it as much. My problem with the blushes (all of them) is how fake they look in natural light. I'd do my makeup and get in the car (where you REALLY get to see your flaws and make up color in all its glory...) and it looked awful... I wont be purchasing again but I would still like to mix this up with something else and make it work for me.

Short story: great colors, but not for a natural look. For clubbing or the runway, maybe!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Have to say I agree with beebop808. I can get away with wearing like 1 or 2 out of the 6 colors. The blushes certainly don't last nor do they go on very well. The only CS blushes I dislike more are in the "new" matte color palettes (the ones with various colors of matte e/s and blushes). I now officially have more blush than I know what to do with. Unfortunately, I'm still searching for a blush that looks good, is easy to apply, lasts for more than 3 hours and costs less than $30.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush palette from CS is alright, nothing spectacular IMO (had for 5 months). Some of the colors are really bright (not my thing). I think there is 2 out of 10 blush colors that work for me. In comparison to MAC or NARS, this doesn't do any justice. Also it doesn't last all day, even with a primer. As for the packaging quality, totally failure and made very cheap, my cover is completely broken and some of the pans popped out within several weeks. I will NOT be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by accessoreyezz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, I found this palette on ebay for almost 10 bucks...so I had to give it a 4. It's the same exact palette on Coastal Scents but for less. Anyway...this palette was a first when I started using Blush. Never been a fan of it, and now I can't get enough (blush). Anyway...this palette is pretty cool, offers a variety of colors and a littel goes a long way. They are very pigmented and they go on easily and blend easily too! My faves are the corals and browns in the palette...but the pinky ones are really nice as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

10/17/2010

It's been well over a year and I haven't made a dent in this palette except for the upper right hand blush which I broke and haven't gotten around to repressing yet. But then again I hardly wear blush. I guess that's why I love this palette, I don't wear blush enough to justify spending a ton of money on it so this palette is the right price range and enough variety for me. Every time I get tempted to buy some expensive Nars Blush I think about this palette sitting around at home and I immediately refrain because I remember how scarcely I use blush and how much of it I have at home. Some of the blushes are powdery/chalky, mainly the brighter pinks. The lasting power on these aren't amazing either but like I said, I hardly wear blush and it's not a big part of my look so it doesn't bother me. Yay for not having to buy blush for the next 10 years.

________________________________________________________________

5/4/2009

People that are in the MAC 30's seem to not like this palette too much, this surprises me because I felt that the range of colors offered something to almost all skintones. (rose, magenta, orange corals, mauve, pink, browns)

I'm BE Golden Medium / light medium with yellow olive undertones and I really like this palette, I don't regularly purchase blush so I thought this would be a nice beginner palette to figure out which colors suit me. I find most of the colors very wearable and all of them very pretty, there are very natural and very dramatic colors. The matte ones are quite powdery and the color payoff varies with the color, they are also very buildable.
I wouldn't buy this again because I don't think I'll ever use all of this up, it's a great value.
The packaging is kinda weak, the CS logo is tacky and cheap looking (I'm going to put stickers all over it to cover this), the pans don't pop out, the plastic insert that holds the pans are a cheap flimsy plastic, and it'd be nice if it contained a mirror..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't worn it long enough (throughout a whole day) but this is my review for my initial thoughts, swatches, etc.

SKIN COLOR: NC 25, uneven/red

Ok wow there are so many pretty pretty colors. I'm sure this doesn't match up to MAC but for the price holy crap .. it's a steal for sure. When I first opened it, my eyes went straight to the hot pink color..swiped it and my eyes popped out .. this this is super pigmented. After, I put it on my cheeks and wow I looked like a doll... it would be great to put on for some type of occasion or for a show...other than that I will def not be using that color on a regular basis. I love that I can mix to get that perfect color. My 2 fav so far are the ones in the very end .. the peach sparkle/coral shimmer. I mixed both and it gave me an awesome finish. Don't use too much product b/c it'll be overboard on the blush. I'll be giving an update so far so good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by oxtinaxo

this is by far my favorite purchase from coastal scents! just for reference i am an NW20 skin tone and i can wear every shade that comes in the palette. the colors are very pigmented and not chalky at all. i am a fanatic about blush and i own alot but i always seem to reach for this palette and i can even use a couple different shades at a time. i highly suggest purchasing this one if you are gonna buy anything at all from coastal scents! this is a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by photocrazy81

Looks nice when first applied but then fades. It's nice having all those colors but not worth it if it doesn't stay. Still going to keep it for photo shoots but not to use on myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I think that this palette is just okay. thats it. The pigmentation was not as good as what i had expected from all the hype. I dont own any MAC or NARS blushes to compare, but compared to my clinique ones, i like those better. They were fairly powdery and chalky, and dont show up much on my NC30 skin... ><;; its a pain in the ass whenever i get anything onto it, because it wont come off. like the powder will just stay on it..And also, now Coastal Scents has the name of the palette and the company name on the cover....yeah.. dont like that either... i covered up with random drawings i did.. =)

I wont rebuy this. i doubt i'll run out, especially since i wont use 7 of the blushes anyways..

but, imo.. if you have a pinker undertone, and lighter skin color than me (light caucasian skin for example/not meant to be racist) then more colors will probably work on you than they would on me. =) continued >>