April 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by ineffable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at CVS one night because it was cheap and you got a lot of product for the price.

First off, the packaging (I bought it before they changed it to plastic) was less than stellar, but I did like the Victorian-style powder puffs on it, so I ended up transferring it into a wooden box I had. The smell reminds me of an old lady, which I don't mind, and seeing as it fades after about five minutes, wouldn't be a con even if I didn't like it. Now, I have very oily acne-prone skin and as far as I know, this never broke me out. (I still had horrid breakouts, but that was because the water where I lived was similar to pool water, horrid. It made my hair feel like straw and my skin look like I got attacked by bees.)

It does keep the shine away for a good while, and it has very pink undertones, so it fits my skin color perfectly. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't come in deeper colors, even if I'm as pale as paper, I can see this being a problem for people with darker skin. So, not a personal problem, but it may be for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use it to set my foundation. I've been trying to find that perfect product to control my oil and give me an airbrush finish, who knew it would come so cheap? I have crazy redness and pores that I try to cover up.. I use a light layer of liquid foundation and buff it out. Then, I take a large powder brush and apply this all over... It's amazing how smooth your face feels afterwards! And it stays matte for about 3-5 hours, depending on the heat. The only bad thing about this is the packaging, I threw away the puff because I don't like using those.. The stuff gets everywhere if you're not careful, watch out! There is so much product, so spilling doesn't really matter too much. Try it out, for $5.67 you can't go wrong! Oh, and it smells like my grandma, which doesn't bother me too much. :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, thanks to MUA, I tried this powder. Saw it at Walmart for $5.67 and figured, what the heck let me try it for the inexpensive price.
The package has been changed, and actually, it works out quite well. As the packaging is big, there is plenty of room to swirl your huge powder brush and have room for the fallout.
The scent, well...it is rather old-ladyish, (oh no..I AM an old lady--LOL)
but it dissapates after a bit.
Coverage is spot on. I actually did an experiment--I had an old bare minerals veil lying about and did half of my face with Bare and half with the Coty. I liked the Coty better. So, I'm now using the Coty for everyday and using my CoverFX powder for special occasions.
I will say that you need to use a very light touch with this stuff, but--hey, it works. My face doesn't feel dry and powdery--it doesn't look dry and powdery and it sets my make-up just lovely!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kpow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost bought into the hype until I read the ingredients and looked some of them up. This is horrible for you! Mostly stuff that causes neurotoxicity and organ system toxicity (non-reproductive). And Talc (the number one ingredient in this powder) is closely related to the potent carcinogen asbestos. Talc particles have been shown to cause tumors in the ovaries and lungs of cancer victims. For the last 30 years, scientists have closely scrutinized talc particles and found dangerous similarities to asbestos. Responding to this evidence in 1973, the FDA drafted a resolution that would limit the amount of asbestos-like fibers in cosmetic grade talc. However, no ruling has ever been made and today, cosmetic grade talc remains non-regulated by the federal government. This inaction ignores a 1993 National Toxicology Program report which found that cosmetic grade talc, without any asbestos-like fibers, caused tumors in animal subjects. This is just some of the info I found and it's enough to make me stay away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I know this stuff has been around forever, and I have passed by it many times thinking that it's a cheap old lady's powder. But then I started seeing reviews, and hearing people praise about this. So I picked this one up awhile ago. I don't like the smell, it is very old lady like, and it doesn't really go away, you just kind of have to get used to it, but that's the only con. The packaging I have must be newer, because it's plastic, with a sifter. It's not cardboard like I've always seen. You get a lot of product for about $5. I'm so glad I got the extra coverage formula vs. the other ones, because I have reddness that needs to be covered up. I don't have to wear foundation with this! This has enough coverage to cover up any problems I have! And it looks flawless! This is also the only product that I have ever used that keeps my skin oil free the longest, maybe 4 hours before I have to blot! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is going to sound over-the-top impossible but, trust me. Many years ago someone told me about this trick and it works. Instead of applying the powder over your liquid foundation, you apply it first, then foundation. Using a cotton ball, pat the powder liberally over your clean, non-greasy moisturized face, then, with a clean puff, stroke downward to remove excess. Next, and this is crucial, dot on an oil-free, MUST be oil-free, liquid foundation and blend. The result is a poreless, flawless complexion. Even though my skin tends towards dryness, this method doesn't seem to dry it out. I've only tried this method with Coty but it may work with other loose powders.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Yllas

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.