October 31, 2014 | 789 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

When I found out this product hadn't been discontinued, I couldn't get to my Walgreens fast enough to buy some. The young girl who checked me out said , "My grandmother used this stuff. What is it?" I replied, "The best loose powder you can find. There's a reason your grandmother uses it, because it's a classic. I bet she has beautiful skin. " To which she replied, "yes she does."

I love the smell, the consistency, and the oil control this product has. In fact, in my whole life I have only purchased 3. They last that long.

I had been using NYC loose powder for the last 2 years and just hadn't been completely happy with it. When I got home, I compared the 2 and guess what? NYC is owned by Coty. WOW! But I could never find the ingredients for the NYC loose powder to see what the difference is. But that really doesn't matter because, I'm set for the next couple of years and hope that Coty never discontinues this product.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coty airspun loose face powder is one of the most affordable and beautiful product in the market. It really does sets a foundation in place and keeps it matte through out most of the day. It is as effective as the popular Laura Mercier translucent loose powder that I have tried. Coty has a rose floral scent to the powder that people might love it or not. It smells like the 1950's type of perfume, but the scent would be gone within 30 minutes or so after the application. The cost of Coty airspun is very affordable costing around $7 USA at the local CVS stores. The most amazing part of this product beside that it's actually works is the size of the product itself. Coty contains 2.3 oz or 65 grams of product. Also, they now comes with a new powder container that is now plastic with a lid that is easy to close and open and comes with a big powder puff. But is a little difficult to travel with because the cap does not closes tightly. Overall, Coty airspun is an amazing loose setting powder and I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and effective product.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best powder for oily skin hands down. Great price and last forever!. I agree I hated the old packaging, But the last 2 times I have bought it, it has been in a new hard plastic container which I love! Wonderful coverage and long lasting. It had a light scent and does not last at least to me and I have terrible migraines which I take pills for everyday and it did not give me a headache because of the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dashdoll20

i only gave the packaging a 2 because a lot of product comes out of the holes and can be very messy if not careful. It covers really well and leaves a matte finish. The smell however reminds me of my grandmas perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by sorandomgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It looks fantastic with my pale skin! It has amazing coverage. You can't see my freckles, blemishes, redness or dark bags! I use revlon colorstay foundation underneath and my face just looks absolutely fantastic. I hope I can find out where to buy it from because where it was bought from closed down. I am unsure of the price as it was actually my mother who bought it but whether it is cheap or expensive, it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I got this powder in Walgreen's today for the first time. Ive always heard nice things about it but have never had any. I'm really pleased with it. The smell is so nice too and a friend told me today that its the same smell as Coty's classic fragrance L'Origin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ginadestra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great find for girls who like that velvet, matte look to they're skin like me! This powder really sets my makeup in place and helps keep my matte finish throughout the day. I have acne prone, combo skin and this powder combined with Revlon Colorstay Foundation and Lorac Aquaprime do wonders for my flawless looking skin. The new packaging is not as vintage and cute looking as the old one, but is much more practical having the plastic sifter inside it. Also comes with a small puff but I prefer a powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

The scent of this brings back memories of being a child and watching my mother and grandmother putting on their makeup.
No the baby/lavander scent isn't for everyone but its worth it.
I am NC25 for reference and have been looking for something that wasn't going to add more color to my Studio Fix Liquid.
I wanted my skin to peak thru and seem natual and flawless and for 7 bucks and a whole lot of product its a dream come true.
Worn by itself and not blended well enough it can give a white cast affect to the face. The only this the powder-puff is good for is holding the powder down so that its not all over the place when you open the top (which is one con because it doesnt lock)
Product is amazing for setting undereye conceler and the product itself gives my face a silky to the touch feeling.
Can beat it for price, amount and quality
Def Recommend

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by heyLYLAxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!