July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Foundations - Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sweetzms

I have this foundation in medium-beige and I absolutely love it. I've never been a fan of liquid foundations because they melt off my face and make me look greasy so I always stuck to powders. About 2 years ago I was searching the internet for an organic mineral makeup because everything was causing me to break out. and i came across this one. I gave it a try and I love it. It doesnt make me look powdery or shiny like everyday minerals did. It just looks like my skin but dewy and glowy. I have this in maximum coverage and it covers my blemishes pretty well for a powder foundation...and I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask. I use the everyday minerals flat top kabuki brush to apply this because I really like that brush..(I havent tried the faerie organic powder brush yet) Overall, this foundation is very good but it is a little expensive...but then again it lasts a really long time because a little goes a long way. I will definately keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by vke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and no break out problems. I broke out terribly to the "popular tv brand" though and found FaerieOrganics .

I Love the Faerie Organic makeup. I use it daily. I have a red birthmark on my cheek and use the same color foundation as a concealer and it works terrific. I've have compliments on my skin and it seems to last all day on my face. You can purchase samples that will last you long enough to know if you like it or not. If you need a sample of something not listed simply ask them. I love their stuff and truly reccomend anyone to try it .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I do not write many reviews anymore but felt compelled to with this. I have been wearing foundation for near 25 years and have tried em' all, high end & low end. Always ended up sticking to liquids because never had any luck with minerals or powders of any kind, either I didn't get enough coverage or they didn't control oil enough. I am very oily! And acne prone although if using the right products I pretty much have control over that now. Ok, now about this makeup! The first time I buffed this in I was amazed at the coverage but even though it covered amazingly it still looks natural on me. Sure I get oily throughout the day but nothing can control that I've realized. I love their mineral veil as well and am thrilled that I have finally found something pretty damn close to HG for me! I hope more people discover this. I do not work for Faerie either! And this is not a mediocore foundation by any means. You can try sample first and the customer service has been great. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Sulamith

Its funny reading all the controversy with them posting reviews on there own products, honestly Ive read some that do sound similar at completely different websites, but hey, give em a break, they gotta get out somehow. Okay, well I ordered samples of this product and loved the pretty glowy finish of this foundation, but only when I use my Weleda moisturizer (my hg for mmu) with anything else it looked dry initially for a little while, but...the color match was a tad to dark and the shade before to light so...I stopped using. BUT-there was an awesome thing about this foundie, I suffer from hormonal acne that would give me pimples randomely outta nowhere, I know everyones skin is different but i swear to god this would shrink my pimples (deinflamate?)Dont know but i would sleep with it on and notice the acne had flattened out tremendously (i think its the boron) it was truly amazing. To bad no color match. Maybe Ill take it up as a nightime treatment. Oh and really good Customer service, got email replies within a day. Lasting power was about 5hrs.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by krystalcandy01

I have used this powder for about 6 months now and I must say that I do really like it. It feels light on your face. I have semi oily skin and sometimes products can exacerabate this, but this powder does not. It leaves my face matte. It covers well, but I still do have to use a concealer around problems areas. The only con about this product is that you have to order it online. I hate having to pay shipping and handling everytime I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jennzale

I have suffered from acne for years, and after trying to go more organic in my product choices by using a well known mineral brand BE(we all know what it is) I found that it wasn't all minerals that contained bismuth oxychloride which was (unknowing to me) the cause of my acne problem. I stumbled across Faerie Organics site and decided to order the samples. When the kit came I put it on and when I walked into the room my husband said I looked really pretty today. When I pressed him for more details he said my skin looked pretty and glowy and he couldn't put his finger on it! LOl! And the bonus is my skin feels soft and natural. I now feel normal and can go outside without wondering if people are staring at my acne. I have found the only make up I'll ever use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ilalmich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEWARE: Looking online to research this company I realized ALL THE REVIEWS SOUNDED THE SAME. I got very suspicious and one day spent hours online researching them. Bottom line, they're spending ALOT of time online writing reviews for themselves. And now I'm even suspicious that they didn't write some of the reviews HERE too.
Anyway: this is an o.k. product. That's about it. It's NOT amazing, but it's NOT terrible. It is OVERPRICED though. For a no-name company with 'suspicious' reviews online, I'm surprised they have the gaul to charge so much.
Also, this made me breakout big time, so don't trust their 'great for acne' gimmick, it's not true.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Amira7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the primer. I had my doubts initially, but I have to say that not only does it make your skin look flawless, but my makeup looked fresh by the end of the day. The price is right and the quality is awesome. I also love their foundation and bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by eleilani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is great, despite the ingredients not being accurately listed on the website. They were mostly the same, except the website did not mention ultramarines, which some people try to avoid.

The foundation covers well, looks natural, stays on, and is even waterproof when it combines with facial oil or is applied on top of waterproof sunscreen. It calms my acne-prone skin down, instead of exacerbating the problem. It does need to be washed off with soap, but then, I wouldn't sleep in any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by horsefish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that some of the reviews here and elsewhere for Faerie Organic look suspicious to say the least - I only realized this after I placed an order on their site. Apparently this company does a lot of "advertising" for their products on a variety of review/Q&A sites...however, their claims about the makeup aren't necessarily unfounded.
The makeup applies well and has so far not caused any problems for my sensitive skin...it's long-lasting, completely matte and blends into the skin nicely. The ingredients are high-quality and this has worked better for me than any other mineral makeup brands that I've tried.
Although the makeup was great, I also got a sample baby kabuki brush that feels like rubbing hay across your face; also, the bristles quickly fall out. It would have been better for them to not offer a sample brush at all rather than this one.
If you're interested, definitely go for a sample kit or two...but consider skipping out on the brush!