Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

3.9

Mica, Boron Nitride, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/15/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! My skin looks amazing, all flaws are minimized. I have very sensitive acne prone skin and have problems with breakouts to most foundations I have tried, but not this one! My skin looks flawless, I feel like I can finally leave the house without being self conscious about my acne. I would highly recommend!

on 9/6/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered samples in the airbrush and max coverage foundations and thank goodness I didn't buy the full size. I asked a girl on here what makeup she used because her skin was just breathtaking and this the brand she was using. Glad it worked so well for her, but no dice for me. I tested the samples a few times and when the makeup was on my skin it was beautiful but when I washed it off I had tons of huge HIVES. It also left a small burn mark on my jawline! :-( I've never had this happen with any other makeup product. It took my skin about 2 weeks to get better. I have used Aromaleigh's Pure Powder in the past with no problems. I also sampled BE, but it was way too shiny for me to really give it a chance. If you do want to try Faerie Organics, get samples first. Overall I do not recommend.

on 5/9/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I ordered from this company back in the fall of 2008 and I can't believe how much their prices have risen! Their foundations used to be $12 bucks! Yes literally $12 bucks! I haven't gone on to their website for quite a long time because my mineral foundation lasted me a looong time. I still have some left =)

Anyway to get on with the review, this would be my favorite mineral foundation because it gives you this really dewy fresh look and gives you medium to full coverage. Its very buildable, which is what I really like. If you have deep scarred acne, it will give it some coverage but you would still need a bit of concealer.

For a mineral foundation I am surprised at the lasting power (5 - 6 hrs) and the fact that it does not clog my pores. If you want to wear it the whole day, then I suggest wearing a good face primer because it will stick for a longer amount of time. I actually wore the Faerie Organic foundation for my senior prom and it did its job.

I like wearing both liquid and mineral foundations. Mineral foundation are usually what I wear more for the day time or if I feel like going more for the natural look. This foundation does give you a very natural look and is extremely light on the face. The only problem I have with this is that the price has gotten more expensive. But I really would recommend this for anyone.

on 3/28/2010 11:50:00 AM

I have this foundation in medium-beige and I absolutely love it. I've never been a fan of liquid foundations because they melt off my face and make me look greasy so I always stuck to powders. About 2 years ago I was searching the internet for an organic mineral makeup because everything was causing me to break out. and i came across this one. I gave it a try and I love it. It doesnt make me look powdery or shiny like everyday minerals did. It just looks like my skin but dewy and glowy. I have this in maximum coverage and it covers my blemishes pretty well for a powder foundation...and I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask. I use the everyday minerals flat top kabuki brush to apply this because I really like that brush..(I havent tried the faerie organic powder brush yet) Overall, this foundation is very good but it is a little expensive...but then again it lasts a really long time because a little goes a long way. I will definately keep purchasing this.

**EDIT**
I stopped using this. The boron nitride in it was causing me cystic acne. I used it and stopped using it about 5 times just to be sure that the acne was from this product. Lo and behold, every time I would use it again the cysts would develop. It's a shame because I loved the way this makeup made my skin loom glowy. :( 0 lippies from me

on 2/25/2010 11:39:00 AM

I have dry skin and no break out problems. I broke out terribly to the "popular tv brand" though and found FaerieOrganics .

I Love the Faerie Organic makeup. I use it daily. I have a red birthmark on my cheek and use the same color foundation as a concealer and it works terrific. I've have compliments on my skin and it seems to last all day on my face. You can purchase samples that will last you long enough to know if you like it or not. If you need a sample of something not listed simply ask them. I love their stuff and truly reccomend anyone to try it .

on 2/16/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not write many reviews anymore but felt compelled to with this. I have been wearing foundation for near 25 years and have tried em' all, high end & low end. Always ended up sticking to liquids because never had any luck with minerals or powders of any kind, either I didn't get enough coverage or they didn't control oil enough. I am very oily! And acne prone although if using the right products I pretty much have control over that now. Ok, now about this makeup! The first time I buffed this in I was amazed at the coverage but even though it covered amazingly it still looks natural on me. Sure I get oily throughout the day but nothing can control that I've realized. I love their mineral veil as well and am thrilled that I have finally found something pretty damn close to HG for me! I hope more people discover this. I do not work for Faerie either! And this is not a mediocore foundation by any means. You can try sample first and the customer service has been great. Give it a try!

on 1/23/2010 4:41:00 PM

Its funny reading all the controversy with them posting reviews on there own products, honestly Ive read some that do sound similar at completely different websites, but hey, give em a break, they gotta get out somehow. Okay, well I ordered samples of this product and loved the pretty glowy finish of this foundation, but only when I use my Weleda moisturizer (my hg for mmu) with anything else it looked dry initially for a little while, but...the color match was a tad to dark and the shade before to light so...I stopped using. BUT-there was an awesome thing about this foundie, I suffer from hormonal acne that would give me pimples randomely outta nowhere, I know everyones skin is different but i swear to god this would shrink my pimples (deinflamate?)Dont know but i would sleep with it on and notice the acne had flattened out tremendously (i think its the boron) it was truly amazing. To bad no color match. Maybe Ill take it up as a nightime treatment. Oh and really good Customer service, got email replies within a day. Lasting power was about 5hrs.

I have used this powder for about 6 months now and I must say that I do really like it. It feels light on your face. I have semi oily skin and sometimes products can exacerabate this, but this powder does not. It leaves my face matte. It covers well, but I still do have to use a concealer around problems areas. The only con about this product is that you have to order it online. I hate having to pay shipping and handling everytime I run out.

on 12/23/2009 11:18:00 AM

I have suffered from acne for years, and after trying to go more organic in my product choices by using a well known mineral brand BE(we all know what it is) I found that it wasn't all minerals that contained bismuth oxychloride which was (unknowing to me) the cause of my acne problem. I stumbled across Faerie Organics site and decided to order the samples. When the kit came I put it on and when I walked into the room my husband said I looked really pretty today. When I pressed him for more details he said my skin looked pretty and glowy and he couldn't put his finger on it! LOl! And the bonus is my skin feels soft and natural. I now feel normal and can go outside without wondering if people are staring at my acne. I have found the only make up I'll ever use again.

on 12/21/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

BEWARE: Looking online to research this company I realized ALL THE REVIEWS SOUNDED THE SAME. I got very suspicious and one day spent hours online researching them. Bottom line, they're spending ALOT of time online writing reviews for themselves. And now I'm even suspicious that they didn't write some of the reviews HERE too.
Anyway: this is an o.k. product. That's about it. It's NOT amazing, but it's NOT terrible. It is OVERPRICED though. For a no-name company with 'suspicious' reviews online, I'm surprised they have the gaul to charge so much.
Also, this made me breakout big time, so don't trust their 'great for acne' gimmick, it's not true.