3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

4.3

hydrocolloid and ethylene oxide

on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Completely and utterly amazing. How does it do it?! It sucks out all the oil and your pimple is shrunk down to nothing over night!

on 8/2/2013 5:18:00 PM

I am amazed by this product. These patches are basically little round clear stickers that you put on your blemishes and they magically suck all the gross zit-gunk right out. Quickly. Where has this product been all my life?
Twenty-four hours ago I had a large under-the-surface cystic-type pimple that was red and swollen and looked pretty long-term. I have only used 2 patches on it and it is GONE. Completely flattened out and there is no post-acne discoloration. I can't believe it- it's only been a day and that monster pimple has been virtually ERASED. Even after reading so many glowing reviews I didn't expect the results to be this impressive. All I can say is Wow.
They are effective, easy to use, and affordable. I bought a box of 36 patches for 7.99 but I did have to order online because I couldn't find it in stores. This is a real gem, it just might be the most effective acne-treatment product I've ever tried.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
New Favorite Product!

on 7/7/2013 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Wow, this beats the old band aid and polysporin trick by a mile.
I bought a pack from Ebay and I have to say, I love Asian skin care products, they blow my mind sometimes. (I have even tried Uguisu No Fun!~Google it) I bought these without a second thought.
I got them just in time too, I was trying something out and I got a huge cystic-like pimple. Only one, and in the place of a previous pimple I had squeezed (I have learned that if you squeeze, get the seed out or it comes back HARD CORE!) and boy oh boy did this m'fer hurt!! It was already a week old when I got these stickers so I applied...and applied and applied. Nothing was happening. In fact, it got a little worse. So after a week of applying the stickers I stopped and was dealing with a mad, angry little knob with no head on it.
So I applied some drying agent (tea tree oil) and the next morning I squeezed it, Yeah yeah...let's not get into it.
Anyway I did the dirty deed and I slapped a sticker on it.
Within 2 nights of use the pimple went from A) angry, red & hurty to B) flat and scabbed to C) This morning, the scab just peeled off and left a new, clear spot of pink skin. La Voila!! I thought I was going to be struggling with this all summer, and here it is gone, just the PIH mark left. The trick is to pop it, or use them WHEN the pimple is ready to pop. Doing so before that resulted in an underground thing that hurt badly.

I had no problem with the stickers sticking to my skin,btw.
You can wear them out in public too if you're the "who cares what people think" type like me.
I can safely say these are a HG find for me. I love them and will buy them until I can't get them anymore.

on 6/30/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not regret buying these, but the reviewer under me is right - you can get the same thing for cheaper, BUT, BIG DIFFERENCE: the acne patches are thinner and less rigid than regular hydrocolloid plasters and you notice them less when they're on, but the thicker hydrocolloid plasters are stronger - they pull the nasty gunk out more effectively. They might work a little slower though. If I feel that a blemish requires FAST drainage, I actually like to use the acne patches. If the blemish is quite deep and doesn't want to go anywhere (stupid hormonal breakouts :( ) I might use hydrocolloid plasters because they stick to it better and pull stronger, but the acne patches are definitely quite strong too... as long as they stick.

I really like these little stickers. I bought them for myself and my mom, who both have very sensitive skin that hyperpigmentates very easily. On top of that, we also tend to get those nasty pimples that lie right under the surface of the skin, that you can't get out yourself, so there's no way of popping the pimple, which is recommended with these. I first tested some of these out on my mom, as she has rosacea and get bad hormonal acne sometimes. The reviews on here were good and all, but I didn't really hope for anything - the pimples me and my mom get are so deep that I thought these would not be effective against them... but it really helped overnight - the pimples we used these on looked much better...! Later I also tried it on some of my stubborn pimples - those that have been on my skin for a week and don't seem to be hurrying anywhere. Helped overnight on two, and a little bit on a third one, which I didn't glue the patch on properly. Point is: these WORK! And not only on whiteheads, but also on deeper pimples and hormonal acne! :)
The only annoyance I have with thee is that the glue on them is quite weak, or at least weaker than I would like. If you wear these over-night and tend to turn around a lot in your bed (which I don't do), they can fall off. I also wish they were thinning out towards the sides, as it would also help them stay on. These are things you get used to though.
I would also like to say: when they draw out the pimples I get, they actually leave a little pink mark where the pimple was - it's way better than a "squeeze-mark", but it's still there. This doesn't annoy me a all, as it goes away after a day or so. I don't know if anyone else here has had the same thing. It might also depend on the pimple itself, I guess.

on 6/15/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have sporadic acne-doesn't happen often but when it does-wow-I get cystic bumps that
turn red and hurt. I tried putting a patch on these mountains and no lie, the next day, there was less pain and wearing one all day, it never got larger and just went away. Astounding!!
There are not cost effective so I took off one lippie, but for me that needs help every couple of months, these are perfect. I highly recommend these!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These are a lifesaver for me. I often have whiteheads (especially around that time of the month) that, once popped, refill and end up being a huge pain. But I put these on (I do it when I get home from class/work, they fall off when I sleep in them) and leave them on for as long as possible. When I take them off, there's white stuff on the patch and the zit is flatter and heals without scarring. For some big ones, I have to use them a few days in a row. For cysts, I try to treat them with sulfur or dot the MUAC mandelic acid peel on them for a few minutes to bring them to a head, extract the pus I can (as long as it's open the patch will work) then place and voila. I get a lot of cysts that stick around forever and leave nasty pits/scars, and this is the best solution I've found to date. I'll try finding regular hydrocolloid bandages locally next, because it is a pain to buy these online, and see if that works as well. But if not, I'll absolutely go back to these. I highly recommend them.
UPDATE: I'm still using these, and am about to buy another pack or two off ebay. There's just no other product I have/have had that demolishes my cysts quite like this. I got one recently (a combo of TOTM and leaving my makeup on overnight, stupid I know) and I felt it dwelling beneath the surface. I treated it with sulfur several times until it came to a head, popped it, and slapped a few of these on. I leave it on until it's indented in the middle which is when I think it's fully saturated with pus (disgusting, yet amazingly fulfilling), take it off, squeeze some more pus out, and put another one on until it's done or I have to sleep. I just love this so much. It's an HG until/unless I somehow miraculously stop having acne.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not lucky enough to be able to find these actual patches but what I do here in the US is buy normal hydrocolloid bandages and cut them down to size. I've only used them on acne that I've already popped (BAD habit I know *sad face here*) but they DEFINITELY shorten healing time and the scars are wayyyy less visible! A good tip for those of us that can't find these patches locally.

on 4/7/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG. I wont go without these. on my 2nd pack and almost panicked when the mail was a bit late bringing the 2nd one. you have to order from ebay but they're cheap.
i don't break out often, but when i do, these things totally save the day. they take out the pus during the night, and even if you have to use three or four nights in a row.
one of the best things for me is that somehow, i don't know why, but a horrible "refilling" zit stays flat all during the day.
amazing.

on 4/2/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing. It works everytime over pimples that has a white head at the tip. Leave it on overnight and it'll suck all the pus right out and flatten the pimple. If it's a really big one then it'll require two or three more patches.

I rely so so so so heavily on these patches. They help shrink my pimples, and allow me to fake reasonably clear skin. I can go through PACKS during a bad skin week.
The downside, though, is that they can get quite expensive if you use them as much as I do.

But these are basically hydrocolloid patches, so if you're short on cash, or live in an area without ready access to these, you can basically buy a sheet of hydrocolloid wound dressing. I think blister patches in the US are also made from hydrocolloid material, so you could try those too.

Popular Treatments (Face)