April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Treatments - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by adipose

This is the first (and probably only...) product I've ever used that's actually lived up to its hype.
As other reviewers have noted, by some diablerie, these little stickers manage to suck out all the nasty white crap from your pimples. They do not, unfortunately, help heal them any faster (I guess that'd be asking for too much).
I think you're supposed to be squeeze your pimples until they pop, then cover the resulting wound w/ a sticker, but it seems to work pretty well even if the skin isn't broken. I had a nasty pimple yesterday; it had been pretty dormant for over a week, burrowed deep under my skin; I kept poking at it but never managed to pop it, so I stuck one of these things over it, and voila! After a few hours, it drew out a ton of white pus. Extremely satisfying :D
Anyway, I think these things are just a little trickier than usual to procure. There are usually sellers on Ebay peddling packs of Nexcare, but I get the feeling that they overcharge (supposedly these are super cheap in Taiwan)....Oh well, still comparatively cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by sassysaturdays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A quick and easy way to reduce your pimples while you sleep! You just have to make sure your skin is dry and just stick it on and go to bed. You would then remove it the next morning and there will be a visible improvement on the pimple.
It draws out the pus from pimples which are already ripe and screaming at you to pick at them. Hence, it is a way cleaner and fuss free way to remove the unslightly yellow pus.
For the pimples are are just red and swollen (without any visible pus), it will reduce the swelling.
However, it does not actually totally cure the pimples as the red marks are still on my face after a week of putting the patch. Hence I think the patch just prevents the full outbreak of the pimple and quicken the healing process but does not do anything else besides that. Having said this, I think it is an easy and cheap solution but I would definitely need to find a treatment cream to complement this system by removing the residual pimples.
It is not expensive but you can go through them so quickly if you have a few pimples you want to keep under control a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

Holey Sh+tballs!!! This stuff works.
3M makes these adhesive bandages that absorn puss from wounds, and these nurses in Hong Kong discovered that if they cut it up they can use it on their pimples. So basically 3M already had it going on but the Chinese found new use for it! A match made in heaven! Thanks 3M and Chinese nurses :)!!!

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by pokette

I don't know how this works, but it sure works for me. Great for pus-filled pimples with a "head/opening" for the pus to come out.

Instead of squeezing it with your fingers (which is like a major beauty-sin I'm guilty of!), I stick this patch over the pimple and sleep with it. In the morning, I take out the patch and see the pus out and stuck on the patch!

For pimples with no "head/opening" yet, I find that the patch takes an additional day (another patch) to get the pus out.

I think this is a little pricey if you are frequently tackling several pimples on your face at any one time. But for the occasional pimple, this just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by artihc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've already gone through 4 to 5 boxes of this product. I even used its fun and variety pack and got the men's one for my hubby. While i would not reccommend it for people who are ravaged with acne, it definitely clears up that one or two pus filled pimple one might have.

Initially i used to pop the pus filled pimple and then put this one like many of the reviewers here, but after awhile i realised that it was just as effective to use on a pus filled pimple (the one with a really white/yellow) centre without popping :)

I prefer this patch to topical creams coz i really do not like layering my face with too many random creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by graci3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love these, since I have acne prone skin. They work the best on pimples that you have popped. Even though I know you're not supposed to, somehow I feel that they heal quicker if I pop the and put this sticker on. The sticker sucks out any remaining junk in the pore, and you know it worked if the sticker turns from clear-yellow to a opaque white color. It's true that they won't really work on a deep cystic pimple. I'm not sure where you can buy them in the US though, I always have relatives get them for me from Asia.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Thanks MUA for the reviews on this. I'd bought a small packet out of curiosity but had forgotten about it till I read the raves about it online. Needless to say I came back here I check out what the MUA community had to say about it. Happy, I gave it a try. And I'm glad I did. Don't expect it to clear up acne or anything, but it does what it's supposed to do. Sucks the sebum out overnight. Leaves the spot visibly flattened and easier to heal with your topical treatment afterwards. Great for spots you don't wanna pop for fear of scarring. I pierce the tip of the zit (which has formed a head) and stick the patch on.

Also, I dunno if anyone else has experienced zits which, once popped (& emptied) fills up again the next day?? Well for me, I found that this patch helped to draw out the pus which made it easier to extract with just a tissue and light pressure.

So for the price, it's a great product. I'm just not sure about the hygiene since once you break the seal, there's not much else. Also over time, I'm wondering if the product'll dry out?

Other than that, great! And cheap to try. Sounds gimmicky but actually works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like using this on my acnes as it really helps to suck up that nasty stuff.

What I like about them is that they cover the acne sucking up the yucky stuff, but at the same time it protects it from stuff that may aggravate my acne (making it less painful). This is especially true when I sleep as I tend to roll a bit.

I do have to say thro, it only really work its wonders when your acne has that white head to it and feels like it'll burst. It however won't help acnes that are below the surface of your skin =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by eMruss20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Guacamole! These things are fantastic! I will definately keep purchasing these. I suffer from cystic acne a little bit on my chin and it takes about 2 days for them to go away (much better than months and months)! This product is highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I canīt live without these!
Even if I only get the occational pimple now and then,I always keep these in stock-
whenever one show itīs ugly head I stick on one of these and they are somehow magically flattened out overnight;the mark can easily be covered(for severe acne problems itīs best to consult a derm,of course)