December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Treatments (Face) - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I do not regret buying these, but the reviewer under me is right - you can get the same thing for cheaper, BUT, BIG DIFFERENCE: the acne patches are thinner and less rigid than regular hydrocolloid plasters and you notice them less when they're on, but the thicker hydrocolloid plasters are stronger - they pull the nasty gunk out more effectively. They might work a little slower though. If I feel that a blemish requires FAST drainage, I actually like to use the acne patches. If the blemish is quite deep and doesn't want to go anywhere (stupid hormonal breakouts :( ) I might use hydrocolloid plasters because they stick to it better and pull stronger, but the acne patches are definitely quite strong too... as long as they stick.

I really like these little stickers. I bought them for myself and my mom, who both have very sensitive skin that hyperpigmentates very easily. On top of that, we also tend to get those nasty pimples that lie right under the surface of the skin, that you can't get out yourself, so there's no way of popping the pimple, which is recommended with these. I first tested some of these out on my mom, as she has rosacea and get bad hormonal acne sometimes. The reviews on here were good and all, but I didn't really hope for anything - the pimples me and my mom get are so deep that I thought these would not be effective against them... but it really helped overnight - the pimples we used these on looked much better...! Later I also tried it on some of my stubborn pimples - those that have been on my skin for a week and don't seem to be hurrying anywhere. Helped overnight on two, and a little bit on a third one, which I didn't glue the patch on properly. Point is: these WORK! And not only on whiteheads, but also on deeper pimples and hormonal acne! :)
The only annoyance I have with thee is that the glue on them is quite weak, or at least weaker than I would like. If you wear these over-night and tend to turn around a lot in your bed (which I don't do), they can fall off. I also wish they were thinning out towards the sides, as it would also help them stay on. These are things you get used to though.
I would also like to say: when they draw out the pimples I get, they actually leave a little pink mark where the pimple was - it's way better than a "squeeze-mark", but it's still there. This doesn't annoy me a all, as it goes away after a day or so. I don't know if anyone else here has had the same thing. It might also depend on the pimple itself, I guess.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sporadic acne-doesn't happen often but when it does-wow-I get cystic bumps that
turn red and hurt. I tried putting a patch on these mountains and no lie, the next day, there was less pain and wearing one all day, it never got larger and just went away. Astounding!!
There are not cost effective so I took off one lippie, but for me that needs help every couple of months, these are perfect. I highly recommend these!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are a lifesaver for me. I often have whiteheads (especially around that time of the month) that, once popped, refill and end up being a huge pain. But I put these on (I do it when I get home from class/work, they fall off when I sleep in them) and leave them on for as long as possible. When I take them off, there's white stuff on the patch and the zit is flatter and heals without scarring. For some big ones, I have to use them a few days in a row. For cysts, I try to treat them with sulfur or dot the MUAC mandelic acid peel on them for a few minutes to bring them to a head, extract the pus I can (as long as it's open the patch will work) then place and voila. I get a lot of cysts that stick around forever and leave nasty pits/scars, and this is the best solution I've found to date. I'll try finding regular hydrocolloid bandages locally next, because it is a pain to buy these online, and see if that works as well. But if not, I'll absolutely go back to these. I highly recommend them.
UPDATE: I'm still using these, and am about to buy another pack or two off ebay. There's just no other product I have/have had that demolishes my cysts quite like this. I got one recently (a combo of TOTM and leaving my makeup on overnight, stupid I know) and I felt it dwelling beneath the surface. I treated it with sulfur several times until it came to a head, popped it, and slapped a few of these on. I leave it on until it's indented in the middle which is when I think it's fully saturated with pus (disgusting, yet amazingly fulfilling), take it off, squeeze some more pus out, and put another one on until it's done or I have to sleep. I just love this so much. It's an HG until/unless I somehow miraculously stop having acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not lucky enough to be able to find these actual patches but what I do here in the US is buy normal hydrocolloid bandages and cut them down to size. I've only used them on acne that I've already popped (BAD habit I know *sad face here*) but they DEFINITELY shorten healing time and the scars are wayyyy less visible! A good tip for those of us that can't find these patches locally.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by onemoretime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG. I wont go without these. on my 2nd pack and almost panicked when the mail was a bit late bringing the 2nd one. you have to order from ebay but they're cheap.
i don't break out often, but when i do, these things totally save the day. they take out the pus during the night, and even if you have to use three or four nights in a row.
one of the best things for me is that somehow, i don't know why, but a horrible "refilling" zit stays flat all during the day.
amazing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

This is amazing. It works everytime over pimples that has a white head at the tip. Leave it on overnight and it'll suck all the pus right out and flatten the pimple. If it's a really big one then it'll require two or three more patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by thelaziestKitty

I rely so so so so heavily on these patches. They help shrink my pimples, and allow me to fake reasonably clear skin. I can go through PACKS during a bad skin week.
The downside, though, is that they can get quite expensive if you use them as much as I do.

But these are basically hydrocolloid patches, so if you're short on cash, or live in an area without ready access to these, you can basically buy a sheet of hydrocolloid wound dressing. I think blister patches in the US are also made from hydrocolloid material, so you could try those too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Yzabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These patches are amazingly effective. For pimples that have come to a head or are about to pop, I puncture them with a sterile needle, dab away the pus that oozes out (gross, I know), then slap one of these patches on overnight. By the next day the patch will be filled with pus (very satisfying to see) and the pimple would have been flattened by a lot.

For cystic acne (the kind where the pus is hidden deep beneath the skin), it gets a bit tricky because the patch only works if it has an unobstructed path to the pus. I usually try to "create a path" by poking the pimple with a sterile needle deep enough for fluid to emerge, then stick a patch on. It usually takes several days of repeated treatments for cystic acne to flatten.

I do have some gripes about these patches though. Firstly, I wish they sold different sized ones separately, because sometimes I need a lot more of one size. Secondly, I find that the glue on the sticky side has a tendency to get to the non-sticky side after opening the package for some time. I'm not sure if this is due to humidity or heat. I guess I should try storing them in ziplock bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by greengrapefruit

I get inflamed zits that usually forms a whitehead. I tried this on a few unpopped zits for 1 night only and didn't see a huge difference.
But then I had this awful and huge zit on my forehead that did come to a head and I was able to pop. I got a lot of gunk out but it was still swollen and sore. I popped this on and when i woke up it finally work! The patch turned white, which means it soaked up the gunk and my zit was much flatter and not as sore.
I will definitely keep these around for popped zits.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kkathy

I simply don't understand how one can use this product and love it to pieces--aside from the fact that you cannot find it anywhere in the US. Hell, I cannot live without these stickers!
I have a hit-and-run history with other acne products that don't work half as great as these stickers. I've tried every cream and gel from Clean and Clear to neautrogena and every other drugstore product--I don't have the money to invest in high-end products, mind you--but this product works better than anything I've tried, I swear. Takes care of a pimple in less than a few days--if it is popped, of course, otherwise it shrinks the size, but prolonged usage does rid of the pimple--it simply takes a bit longer if unpopped.