September 2, 2014 | 1171 users online

Treatments (Face) - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

This is amazing. It works everytime over pimples that has a white head at the tip. Leave it on overnight and it'll suck all the pus right out and flatten the pimple. If it's a really big one then it'll require two or three more patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by thelaziestKitty

I rely so so so so heavily on these patches. They help shrink my pimples, and allow me to fake reasonably clear skin. I can go through PACKS during a bad skin week.
The downside, though, is that they can get quite expensive if you use them as much as I do.

But these are basically hydrocolloid patches, so if you're short on cash, or live in an area without ready access to these, you can basically buy a sheet of hydrocolloid wound dressing. I think blister patches in the US are also made from hydrocolloid material, so you could try those too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Yzabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These patches are amazingly effective. For pimples that have come to a head or are about to pop, I puncture them with a sterile needle, dab away the pus that oozes out (gross, I know), then slap one of these patches on overnight. By the next day the patch will be filled with pus (very satisfying to see) and the pimple would have been flattened by a lot.

For cystic acne (the kind where the pus is hidden deep beneath the skin), it gets a bit tricky because the patch only works if it has an unobstructed path to the pus. I usually try to "create a path" by poking the pimple with a sterile needle deep enough for fluid to emerge, then stick a patch on. It usually takes several days of repeated treatments for cystic acne to flatten.

I do have some gripes about these patches though. Firstly, I wish they sold different sized ones separately, because sometimes I need a lot more of one size. Secondly, I find that the glue on the sticky side has a tendency to get to the non-sticky side after opening the package for some time. I'm not sure if this is due to humidity or heat. I guess I should try storing them in ziplock bags.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by greengrapefruit

I get inflamed zits that usually forms a whitehead. I tried this on a few unpopped zits for 1 night only and didn't see a huge difference.
But then I had this awful and huge zit on my forehead that did come to a head and I was able to pop. I got a lot of gunk out but it was still swollen and sore. I popped this on and when i woke up it finally work! The patch turned white, which means it soaked up the gunk and my zit was much flatter and not as sore.
I will definitely keep these around for popped zits.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kkathy

I simply don't understand how one can use this product and love it to pieces--aside from the fact that you cannot find it anywhere in the US. Hell, I cannot live without these stickers!
I have a hit-and-run history with other acne products that don't work half as great as these stickers. I've tried every cream and gel from Clean and Clear to neautrogena and every other drugstore product--I don't have the money to invest in high-end products, mind you--but this product works better than anything I've tried, I swear. Takes care of a pimple in less than a few days--if it is popped, of course, otherwise it shrinks the size, but prolonged usage does rid of the pimple--it simply takes a bit longer if unpopped.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using these for about a year. They work best on pimples that have been popped, but keep filling back up with fluid. I put them on at night and by morning the area is completely flat and ready to be treated with Triple Antibiotic Ointment (to prevent infection and speed up healing). You can see the fluid on the patch when you take it off, it's gross but awesome.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by adipose

This is the first (and probably only...) product I've ever used that's actually lived up to its hype.
As other reviewers have noted, by some diablerie, these little stickers manage to suck out all the nasty white crap from your pimples. They do not, unfortunately, help heal them any faster (I guess that'd be asking for too much).
I think you're supposed to be squeeze your pimples until they pop, then cover the resulting wound w/ a sticker, but it seems to work pretty well even if the skin isn't broken. I had a nasty pimple yesterday; it had been pretty dormant for over a week, burrowed deep under my skin; I kept poking at it but never managed to pop it, so I stuck one of these things over it, and voila! After a few hours, it drew out a ton of white pus. Extremely satisfying :D
Anyway, I think these things are just a little trickier than usual to procure. There are usually sellers on Ebay peddling packs of Nexcare, but I get the feeling that they overcharge (supposedly these are super cheap in Taiwan)....Oh well, still comparatively cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by sassysaturdays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A quick and easy way to reduce your pimples while you sleep! You just have to make sure your skin is dry and just stick it on and go to bed. You would then remove it the next morning and there will be a visible improvement on the pimple.
It draws out the pus from pimples which are already ripe and screaming at you to pick at them. Hence, it is a way cleaner and fuss free way to remove the unslightly yellow pus.
For the pimples are are just red and swollen (without any visible pus), it will reduce the swelling.
However, it does not actually totally cure the pimples as the red marks are still on my face after a week of putting the patch. Hence I think the patch just prevents the full outbreak of the pimple and quicken the healing process but does not do anything else besides that. Having said this, I think it is an easy and cheap solution but I would definitely need to find a treatment cream to complement this system by removing the residual pimples.
It is not expensive but you can go through them so quickly if you have a few pimples you want to keep under control a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

Holey Sh+tballs!!! This stuff works.
3M makes these adhesive bandages that absorn puss from wounds, and these nurses in Hong Kong discovered that if they cut it up they can use it on their pimples. So basically 3M already had it going on but the Chinese found new use for it! A match made in heaven! Thanks 3M and Chinese nurses :)!!!

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by pokette

I don't know how this works, but it sure works for me. Great for pus-filled pimples with a "head/opening" for the pus to come out.

Instead of squeezing it with your fingers (which is like a major beauty-sin I'm guilty of!), I stick this patch over the pimple and sleep with it. In the morning, I take out the patch and see the pus out and stuck on the patch!

For pimples with no "head/opening" yet, I find that the patch takes an additional day (another patch) to get the pus out.

I think this is a little pricey if you are frequently tackling several pimples on your face at any one time. But for the occasional pimple, this just perfect!