September 17, 2014 | 1266 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product stapled in my makeup case since forever. Use it every day, very often. Love how it make my eyelashes volumised and thick black. I definitely got no problem with this mascara. I have tried a lot of mascaras. But,I never let my day walking by without this bad boy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is a very good mascara in my mind. But I haven't too many mascaras that I don't like. I have pretty good eyelashes to begin with, this gives me extra length and really seperates each lash. I have no problem with clumps but I just wipe off any I may see on the brush before I apply it to my lashes. I like the brush, it really grabs on to my lashes as I pull through. No flaking during the day. What more could you ask for? I don't remember the price but I bet I paid less than $10 for this. A great d/s mascara! L'Oreal and Maybelliene make the best mascara at the d/s in my opinion. I haven't been too impressed with Covergirl mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by TishyLeF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It’s VERY CLUMPY. On the first morning I tried it, when I woke up my five year old daughter for school and she smiled and said to me “Mom, your eye lashes look like broccoli.” Not good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this product and it pains me to use it every day--only bc I can't take it back and I can't justify throwing my money away. That being said, idk if I got a bad/dried out mascara, but the mascara is a clumptastic nightmare. With this mascara my lashes all lump together and it provides very little lift or volume. And bc of the small shape of my eyes, the larger brush also makes things more difficult. I will not be buying this ever again, imo there's far better drugstore mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by azicetea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure what this product is supposed to do, but it's one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. The formula itself is gross and is a mushy mess. The brush looks like it's gone through a wood chipper. i tossed my receipt by accident or this would be going back to the store. The only place it's headed now is the GARBAGE can!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by heinoushurricanous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I want to say that it's VERY rare for me to dislike/hate a mascara. I naturally have pretty long lashes and most mascaras do a great job of making my lashes look their best. My results don't vary that much from mascara to mascara.
Unfortunately I really hate this mascara. I bought this product seduced by its ENORMOUS brush thinking it would make the L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara look pathetic. Boy was I wrong. Here are some things I truly dislike about this product:

1) The actually formula is terrible. It's very wet and messy, and I feel like it doesn't stick well enough to my lashes. Because of this, it takes FOREVER to build up a dramatic look.

2) The formula smells absolutely awful. It smells toxic... enough said. (Not always a deal breaker for me but I thought I would mention it for those of you sensitive to smells).

3) The brush (I was hoping), would be the one thing I would have liked, but I was wrong. I have a LOT of lashes and I felt like the bristles were way too sparse and clumped all my lashes together creating the dreaded spider eyes look. The more I try to brush through my lashes to separate, the worse my eyes look.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, I hate-- truly HATE the way this mascara feels. I can feel it weighing my lids down. It's wet to start and then as it dries it feels heavier and heavier. Just the worst...

The only thing I can say about this that's not completely negative is that EVENTUALLY you will get your desired dramatic look, it just takes an unnecessarily long time to get to your desired results.

Moreover, I will continue to use this mascara until I am completely through with it, but I will steer clear of it from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my absolute favorite mascaras. There is nothing about it that I don't like except the tube isn't endless! I like to layer this mascara on top of Maybelline Colossal Volum. I first curl my lashes, apply CV, let it dry then I apply this. The fluffy brush is PERFECT to reach all of my lashes (I have a lot) and the large brush size is great too (I have very long lashes). This mascara is great because it builds on my naturally long lashes and helps them to become even longer and more voluminous. I like to sometimes wear 2 or 3 coats of this. It dries soft, gives the perfect amount of thickness and is very dramatic! So beautiful. Also, the color is nice and black! One strange thing... I hate the first application of this. I like it once it's a bit more used and oxygen has gotten to it... It helps it to thicken up and become a bit more substantial. I do find that toward the end of the day it has flaked a little, but with gorgeous lashes out to here, who cares? :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

HATED THIS! I bought it as I usually like to try new mascaras (that was way back before I was a member here :) ) and I really thought it would deliver. But was I wrong. It made my lashes SUPER clumpy and dry! I was only thinking how badly I wanted it OFF. I thought it had to be defective and exchanged it. WRONG! The new one was the same! That was it, this was a no go for me. I see some pictures where people have achieved great lashes. I don't know how you did it, but I tried two bottles and it was a mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be my holy grail mascara. Love the brush. It isn't gloppy or too wet. Makes my lashes look terrific. Comes off with mild eye makeup remover. Can't get any better than that, right?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara, but the only thing it did was give me SUPER crunchy lashes. I love the packaging, and the brush but that's about it. I would not recommend it.