October 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is like magic. I have super oily skin and can't normally use primer. Since I started using this, I don't even need moisturizer which is typically a no no. And it feels so silly on my skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I wouldn't say this is the most amazing primer I've tried, it is still a very nice, high quality product. I like the sturdy packaging. It glides on smoothly and provides a nice, smooth canvas for foundation application. A little goes a long way. I appreciate that it contains SPF and it works very well at prolonging the wear of my foundation from the time I apply my makeup in the early morning `til the time I remove my makeup which is usually around 9pm. I agree with others that what it won't do though is control oil, but this is easily remedied by a blotting paper. I like this product, but uncertain if I will repurchase due to the exorbitant price tag ($60 CAD). I think the Merle Norman foundation primer is better and will probably go back to that one once I've finished up this tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is absolutely amazing!! It makes my foundation last ALL DAY!! Ill be honest in saying the oil control isn't the best and i do still get shiny however my foundation with this on does not break apart!! Price is pretty expensive but for me best primer ive ever used and let me tell you ive used a few by Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Mac, Becca, Laura Mercier, Armani, Benefit, Lancome, Arbonne.. The list goes on and i can honestly say as long as the keep making this i will continue to purchase. It really helps even out redness on my skin, reduce finelines and somewhat pores!! Ahh im in LOVE!! If you havent already go grab a sample!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

Love this. Got the smaller size at first to sample it, and so far I love it!
It's extremely soft and silky on your face and so far hasn't broken me out...as of right now this is my favorite primer next to their primer serum.
This doesn't do much as far as oil control, so beware.

I probably will buy the bigger size unless I find a better primer as this is more on the expensive side :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gigiLEAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first and only primer I actually loved and bought on a regular basis. It's a little pricey, but it's worth the results. It has such a smooth, soft feel when applied to the skin and it really helps makeup stay on for hours. Other primers in the past have broken me out or I didn't really feel like they did much for helping my makeup stay on. This product is amazing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jillmaclaine

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this product is because I have found a cheaper alternative in Benefit's Porefessional which in my opinion is just as good and you get more for your money
This primer is incredible and feels like velvet pearls. Its packaging is beautiful and I love the pump. You only need a small amount for your entire face, so in that respect its a good price, but you get a third of an ounce, so I have had to go back more often.
It is oil free, so great for any skin type, really. It really does nothing to improve the tone of skin, but it is a wonderful consistence. I really just LOVE the way is feels on my skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I usually am a Smashbox Photo Finish Primer person, but I was in one of those moods where I felt like seeing what else was out there, primer-wise. I did some research & found that a lot of people seemed to like this primer. So, I splurged & bought this (because this primer is $52 for 1oz, this costs more than my Dior foundation! which is ridiculous). For the simple fact that this was outrageously expensive, I figured this had to be good for a $52 price tag. But, I WILL gladly pay high price tags IF something is worth it. Let's get to the details....this is oily (most likely due to the spf 15 sunscreen in this), a bit watery, & looks a lot like a lightweight, typical white sunscreen lotion. I've been wearing this for the past few days now, & I'm honestly not really digging this primer...my Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer is far superior to this, in my opinion. This primer makes my face oilier than usual, & just oily in general...& the thing is I DO NOT have oily skin whatsoever, I have dry-combination skin. So the fact that this would make someone like me oily says a lot, because I RARELY get oily at all. So I really can't see how this would work for someone with an actual oily skin type. I've seen some people claim that this is "dewy," but no...it was straight up oily. I own many face products that give a nice glow & would be classified as dewy, but this isn't what I would consider "dewy." If you consider your face looking sweaty, "dewy," then you would like this. This didn't break me out or anything, but I just don't feel like this does much of anything...let alone "prime," (which, I don't even think this does that great of a job at that.) This is way overpriced for me. I am going to take this back to Sephora & exchange it out for my Smashbox. My Smashbox primer keeps me oil free all day & night long with no problems. This taught me one thing, that I will never stray away from something that already works. "If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?" I am also glad I didn't end up falling for liking this because it is so expensive...& so not worth it.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I love the way this product leaves your skin feeling. I love the way makeup blends smoothly into your skin with this, it works fairly well for oily skin but if you have dry patches, it doesnt really do anything to keep the makeup smooth on that part of your skin. I'm giving it 4 stars because my skin used to not be as troublesome and thats when I first started using it and loved it... Now, Im not a fan because I need something that can be used for skin that is overly oily in some areas and overly dry in others. If you do not have these issues, buy it, you will LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Spunkette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer. It leaves your skin so smooth, shine-free and minimises your pores before make-up application. I find that your makeup lasts forever, and stays in place all day. You end up looking just as good at the end of the day as you did in the morning!

The only downfall is the cost - it's expensive at about $79 a bottle.

The other annoying thing is it leaves a white veil on your skin so you can look a bit ghostly! You need to put makeup over the top to eliminate any of the whiteness.

The applicator pump bottle is not great. You tend to get a lot of wastage which is frustrating when you're paying so much for the product. I often have to unscrew the lid, and scrape it out to make sure I'm getting use of all the primer.

Other than the cost and application, this is a great product. I've got my friends onto it and they haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MelissaDunnMakeup

First let me start by saying I have combination skin, I tend to be more oily then I prefer! My typical work day starts at 4am and I usually get home around 6:30-7:00pm. I am professional hairstylist and makeup artist. So my makeup has to last me through these long hour days (12-15hrs) with the heat of blow drying and pampering another individual. So Iv been on the hunt for a great primer, I have used tons of different products but nothing was keeping me matte and my shine was breaking through and I would look like a wet mess! Then I was out shopping at Sephora and came across the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, i pumped a little out and rubbed it in on the back of hand and it felt like silk or satin! It was amazing! So I bought it and I'm so happy I did! I can't go on with out it! This primer leaves my makeup fresh and matte through out my long work days. It makes my skin feel so precious! It literally feels like satin on my face! The packaging is wonderful and it's a bit pricey but totally worth it. You only need to pump a small amount, that should give you plenty to prime with. I also use this product on all my clients that I do makeup on and I always make them feel their skin after I apply it and then we just rave over how great it is! Lol

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No