Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would control my oily skin, but instead it makes my skin look dry, flaky and patchy no matter what I do. Doesn't control my oil or make my makeup last longer either and the price is horrendous

I do notice that my foundation goes on reaaallly smooth. a little goes a long way!
but definitely not good for oily skin as it has no oil control whatsoever :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this so much but it gave me a raging case of dermatitis. The texture is lovely and it sat well over my moisturizer but the second time I used it my whole face was covered in welts. You may want to steer clear if you've got reactive skin. It didn't bother me in a patch test but I guess after wearing it two days in a row (by itself as a test run and over my moisturizer as a mattifyer to run to the store) my skin was just not having it. Never had any troubles with the No. 28 serum, though - must be the "mineral" component.

This does nothing!

Received this as a sample and was blown away by how different this primer felt on my skin. 1 pump does my whole face and under eye area. I'm in my 50's and this works fantastic under my eyes to keep my concealer from the "crinkles". Dries to a velvety texture. Keeps my makeup looking fresh for 6-8 hours even in my humid climate. Price is hefty so I use this when I'm going out and/or need makeup to look fresh for several hours. Bare Minerals illuminating primer is my everyday primer. If you can afford it, this primer is excellent. I've had no problems with the pump, watery consistency, separation or oxidizing makeup on my skin.

I regret spending my money on this its does nothing it only keeps me matte for about an hour, will not repurchase.

I’d seen this product mentioned in beauty articles, but would skip right over it once I see its $50 price tag. I somehow ended up grabbing this at the store during the Sephora F&F Sale w/ 20% OFF. I wanted to see if there’s a big difference between a high end primer versus low end, but I wasn’t sure if I could commit to such an expensive primer. My primers have generally lasted me for a long time, so I don’t get to try new ones that often. Alas, I realize, if a product makes you feel beautiful, it’s worth it.

I could not give up product because it really brightened my face and gave it a glow, like a light bulb was turned on inside of me. I have been using one pump for my entire face, but I think it’s still too much product. However, the pump isn’t easy to control if you want to dispense less product (or maybe I didn’t try that hard). It sort of spits out quite aggressively. It comes in a beautiful frosted glass jar with a plastic lid, a bit heavy if you need to take it with you to travel. Probably better to transfer to lighter containers found at Daiso. The product itself is runny in your palm, airy on your face. It spreads easily and your skin feels silky to the touch, almost matte. There’s still a “silicone” feel/texture to it when you spread it on your face, but not as heavy or thick as Smashbox or Too Faced Primed & Poreless . It has a light white/iridescent cast at first, but it blends fine in for me and probably is what gives me that “glow” feeling.

As far as lasting power goes, I can’t say it does an amazing job with keeping my foundation on all day, but a decent job. t could be a combination of the types of products and my application. I have dry/dehydrated skin during winter and combo-oily skin during the summers. I enjoy this more during spring/summer/fall, but for winter, when my skin craves something more moisturizing and less silicone, I switch to something more like Laura Mercier’s primer. There is an expire date on it, so save the box to remember when to finish this by.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I seriously don't understand how this is even a primer. When I first tried it, it just felt like I was putting lotion on my face. THATS IT. There was nothing mattifying about this primer and it didn't reduce the look of pores. I returned it the next day. Apparently the formula was changed? Anyways it wasn't even worth the price, waay too expensive.

Would I recommend it? Nope, not to my oily girls that is.

not sure what the hype is about - an oily formulation that did not help my foundation stay on longer at all!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Dear Hourglass -- You've made a great primer. I love the fact it's not a weird greasy silicone-y product. Please make the same primer with a little (but not too much) tint to take away the white cast. I am a MAC NC30 (barely a medium skintone) and the whiteness is noticeable. I bet you would have even more fall in love with you if you made two undertones-- one cool and one warm. Give it a thought.

Popular Primer/ Correctors