September 2, 2014 | 1819 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wish I could give this a 3.5. Good for contouring, bad for "bronzing". The matte finish of this bronzer gives a good blendable finish that leaves a natural look, but it also can come out quite muddy looking if you overdue it. Biggest con is the price tag, way too steep imo. Though the product lasts for quite some time because you only need a small amount and you're good to go, just refrain from putting it all over your face or you'll look like you a got a bad tan.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by aimeexo

This product was a bit of a disappointment for me. So many people rave about it so I decided to buy it (despite it's steep price tag). Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
- it's matte!! It can be difficult to find a contour powder/bronzer without any shimmer
- nice universal shade. It's on the brown side, not orange so it looks more natural
- the packaging is so cute!
- it comes with a brush that I found to actually be useful (good for cheek contouring)
- you only need a very small amount of product

CONS:
- very easy to over apply. First time I used it I swiped the brush through it a couple times and ended up with a giant dark streak on my face
- can be hard to blend out. Once applied it's hard to lighten up through blending incase too much was applied
- tends to end up blotchy/muddy after a couple hours (I have very oily skin)
- fades after 5-6 hours
- price!!! It's a tiny amount of product for the $36+ price tag

Overall, I will not re purchase. Price was too steep, found it to not blend as well as other cheaper products. I think I'll stick to my NYC mosaic bronzer (for a fraction of the price!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

love love love this product in every way. you can put it all over as a contor. its brilliant ive ised this 6 times a week for 5-6 months still am no was near hitting pan

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a good matte bronzer and had been using MAC but it was so lightly pigmented that I had to use a lot of powder over and over to actually get it to show which is a pain when contouring. This stuff is pigmented great and contours well. That said, I hate the packaging so much I wish I could give it 0 stars, and the brush should get negative stars. That thing is terrible. I tossed it out and use a fluffy brush, which gives me a great look but it's so hard to get into the tiny, deep box that Benefit provided. I am hoping I can find a new container for the bronzer pan and tear open and toss the odd cardboard container that it comes in. For the price, I do think it's quite tiny overall, and the packaging is ridiculous given the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Ashleym15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best bronzer by far to contour with! Very matte :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This started my love for matte bronzers because I used to be a shimmer girl only. I'm NC30 and this is perfect, not orange not muddy and blends really well. I can also use Hoola for contouring, I think the packaging is cute but you can't throw it in your purse without damaging it so it's not travel friendly! I would buy this again, because the color and texture are nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrydoesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall
HG bronzer!!! I have fair skin, and this works for me in summer time AND winter time! I think this would be amazing on medium and light skin tones but not so much dark skin as I don't think Hoola is dark enough.
Application
It can be used as an overall bronzer (which is what I use it for) or even a contour colour as it's matte. I use a Real Techniques blush brush to apply this as I think it goes on really blended easily when I use it. The bronzer is SUPER easy to blend out but also pigmented as well! It lasts all day (8 hours usually) for me!
Packaging
Some say they don't like the packaging, but I like the box shapes of the Benefit powder blushes and bronzers and I like the feel of it. It has a mirror but I think this mirror shouldn't be used. Its on the inside of the lid and its really small.
Cons
Has a smaller amount of product than others which is sad for me as I live in Japan and they don't sell this here but it may seem like that to me just because I use it every day XD

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite bronzers I've tried. It doesn't have any shimmer, which I love because I prefer to control where the shimmer goes on my face. It doesn't make my skin look muddy, and is excellent for both contouring and "yes, I did get some sun this week, thank you." Only complaint would be the packaging. It's like trying to close a pizza box or something, and I chipped some off the edge trying to close the lid one day (yes, yes, I realize this is me being stupid). The brush that comes with it would not replace any in my collection, but it is more than adequate, which is a lot more than I could say about most brushes included with products. I would use it in a pinch. I love how healthy I look when I wear this. My skin is light-medium, and this just makes it look like of course I eat right and get sun (I don't). I chose this over the NARS due to matte properties, and have zero regrets. Only deducted for packaging issue, which as I mentioned, is easily as much my fault as it is theirs. Overall, I freaking love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

Absolutely one of the best bronzers out there! I have tried plenty and not many can compare in terms of shade, quality, longevity and most importantly, suitability for many different skin tones. I never look too bronzed or not bronzed enough. It is perfect teamed up with a Real techniques contour brush! The only downfall is that for $52, it is a little pricey but I have been using this 3-4 times a week since December 2012 and have not yet hit pan so it should last you ladies for a while.

PROS
*super blendable
*super buildable
*perfect shade
* MATTE SHADE, NOT SHIMMER (hallelujah!!!)
*comes with a brush which is awesome for travelling
*multi use- (for contouring, bronzing, shading eyelids and crease)

CONS
*price(?)
*should have solid packaging for the price

Other than that, I love this bronzer and will definitely look for a better deal when I repurchase because I love benefit as a brand and love their products including this one. Hope this review helps xx

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I'm about as pale as it gets right now and this was probably the best bronzer I could find. I also hate glitter and sparkle in so many bronzers - this is perfectly matte. I think I just need to practice more on contouring and using it correctly. I haven't used bronzers really before except this Clarins liquid one but it wasn't powder kind so..

I do love the packaging of this too, it's really easy to throw in your bag if you want to finish your make up later, and the little brush is cute.