Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Octinoxate 3.0% Sunscreen Titanium Dioxide 4.5% Sunscreen INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA), CYCLOMETHICONE, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MALTITOL, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, PETROLATUM, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PHYTOSTERYL/ISOSTEARYL/CETYL/STEARYL/BEHENYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SQUALANE, TRIBEHENIN, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED SILK, BHT, METHICONE, HYDROLYZED RICE EXTRACT, OCTYLDODECYL LACTATE, STEARIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SILK POWDER (SERICA), PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYlPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN( /-): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), MICA (CI 77019), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TALC]

I AM IN LOVE! The best foundation I have EVER used. The last two years I have used mineral powder makeups and no matter the brand, it dried me out, made me chalky, and had to repeatedly be reapplied throughout the day. I wanted to like it because it was supposed to be good for me. So it was with some hesitation that I decided to go back to a normal liquid foundation. After reading all the reviews for the Sensai Fluid Finish, I finally gave in. It was the best makeup decision I have made in years. It goes on smooth and holds all day. My skin is uneven, sensitive, with a few spots and redness and I didn't need any concealer at all! On top of that, it looked natural and was moisturizing. It's pricey, but you get everything that you ever wanted or needed in a big bottle that is bound to last for quite sometime. This is worth every penny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, I LOVE this foundation.

I am a dedicated user of Guerlain Parure Extreme which is also a great foundation, but perhaps a touch too red for me. Also the finish is gorgeous but maybe a little too much so. I feel quite made up for every day wear. Lovely out at night, but during working hours the finish is a *little* too perfect.

This foundation is a gorgeous lightweight, watery formulation that has a deceptively high amount of coverage. I wouldn't say that this is full coverage, but definitely medium and it can be built up to even more for special occasions. On top of that - it doesn't feel like you have ANYTHING on. My skin is dry and flaky from retinoid use (Taz), but this hydrates and covers as best as any foundation I have found. On top of all of that, the color match is the best I have ever found. I use shade 204 - Almond Beige - and it perfectly suits me. I have golden/olive medium toned skin (around NC 37 in darkness). Other foundations I use for reference - Guerlain 04, Chanel Wheat, Armani LSF 7, Chantecaille Shea, Nars Sheer Glow Barcelona, Shu Uemura 734, Colorstay Photoready 006. I believe that 204.5 is around the same "strength" in shade but is a lot more yellow if you are looking for a yellow based foundation.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hours now and it still looks great! I didn't even wear a primer although I'm really looking forward to trying their Water Smoothing Make-Up Base. I did put a light coat of MUFE HD powder on top.

Cons - Kind of pricey, but honestly, its $5 cheaper than Guerlain Parure Extreme so I can't complain. Other than that, it's incredibly hard to find if you are in the States. It's pretty much sold exclusively at Bergorf Goodman's. I don't live anywhere near there though, so I called them and related to them my shades in other foundations and the ladies very very kindly sent me a sample of 3 different shades that they thought might suit me. For free! Now that's customer service! They sent me a very generous sample of each - enough to last me at least 1 week. I have just used up my sample and will now be ordered the full sized bottle from them.

Love this foundation!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry and sensitive skin and so far this is the best foundation. Finding the perfect foundation was always a kind of quest for me. But now I think I find the perfect one.
Of course I have to moisturize and exfoliate my skin before it because of the dry skin. But then it glides like really a silk or water, nothing heavy about it. Despite it's really light it provides a very good coverage. It covers beautifully my face. I used Chanel Teint Innocene before, it was good but not good enough like this.
The colour is perfect for me, it's natural beige.

This is a very good product, I would recommend it to anyone who doesent need a heavy coverage and I believe it could suit all skintypes. Really light and a beautiful silky finish. I only wish they had a better selection og colors.

Somewhat stupidly, I bought this product off the internet based on very questionable swatches (ie the soft ivory shade looked like camel hide to me)...however, for once in my life, my stupidity paid off! I have fairly pale skin (blamed on vegetarianism, fear of the sun and my mum's irish family) and the soft ivory shade was great for me. The foundation is light, easy to blend and doesn't dry out my skin like a lot of other foundations I've used. The price is also fairly reasonable as the product works brilliantly and you don't need to smother your face in it to see great results. Deffo my HG...for now!

I bought Sensai Fluid Finish based on the great reviews. I ordered #202 Soft Beige from Barneys. The shade is a bit too light for my summer skin. I am LM Nude, Sisley Soft Beige (Its hard to find good swatches online.)

This is an ordinary foundation - nothing special. I don't think it made my skin look great, nor did it really accentuate any bad skin. It felt heavy as I wore it throughout the day. I think the most disappointing thing about this foundation is that the second or third ingredient is mineral oil! I bought it because it sounded so healthy and good for your skin. Its described as a "water-based" foundation online. My skin loves oil-based cleansers, not oil-based foundations. Will not repurchase.

lovely. the easiest foundaton to apply and wear. pretty much perfect, and my HG. get it cheap on ebay!
since getting this a couple weeks ago i've had so many comments on my skin looking glowing etc, this stuff is the muts nuts! even better than my beloved paul and joe. never thought i would see the day my p&j would be relegated to the 'reserve' make up bag...

5++++++ - I have tried so many foundations that I cannot even list them - from $8 to $150 - This foundation is the BEST - lightweight, moisturizing, and makes your skin look perfect. I have enlarged pores and it almost makes them invisible. I have finally found my HG - no more searching for me! You can purchase on ecosmeticworld - service is very prompt. $50 is expensive, but it is worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I've finally found IT. Ah, well, at least for now. This foundation is close to perfection, and I even managed to find a colour match for my obviously tricky skintone, which is not quite yellow, definitely not cooltoned, maybe a hint of olive, and which has a bit of beige to it. I chose the TF203 natural beige, which is very close match. I like the finish of this foundation; Your skin but better. The coverage is medium/light, but buildable, and it doesn't dry so quickly that blending is impossible (Diorshow Nude, anyone?) Also, it doesn't irritate or dry out my dryish skin, doesn't oxidise, which may sometimes happen with me, due to heavy-duty SS usage. So I'm really happy. I also suspect it will last me really long, because one pump is all I need in order to cover everything. Sorry, Helena Rubinstein. We had a nice relationship while it lasted, but now, I've moved on, and found a new love. *edit0410* This is definitely perfection in a bottle. Not that I won't ever test other foundations, but this one never lets me down, no matter the condition of my skin (dry, flaky, easily sensitised).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Back in January, I remember reading about this foundation on Blogdorfgoodman.com. It was listed in the top 10 of products of the year, and it made me really want to try it. I searched the web and I searched every high-end department store web site to no avail. It was supposed to be at Saks, so I stopped in at one not too far away, but they didn't carry it in that branch. I had recently purchased the new Dior foundation, which I really love as well, so my interest eased off. Then last week, I was browsing the Barney's web site, and they finally had it on line. There were only three shades available (I don't know how many this foundational actually comes in), so I took a chance on the warm beige color. Today was the first day I tried it, and I have to say that it is everything I thought it would be and more. My skin looks really fresh and dewy, and though the coverage is pretty good, it does not look unnatural or cakey at all. This may be the HG foundation that I have been looking for. I am considering tossing my Armani foundation, which doesn't look nearly as good and which tends to make my face look really oily. I have loved the Carmindy foundation, but the Sensai has a similar coverage with a much lighter look.