July 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Fanfare

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by rocksister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Definitely one of my favorite shades of lipstick that I've ever bought! It was worth every penny. It is the right shade of pink for my skin tone. Would definitely buy again, as it has become my signature shade!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by lilliesloveandlipsticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first MAC lipstick, and I'm already quite turned off by it. Hear me out first--I know that sooo many ladies out there love MAC lipsticks! I'm just not one of them.

Firstly, Fanfare is a beautiful shade of medium pink. But it turns dull and a little greyish on my slightly pigmented lips. I have yellow tones in my Asian skin, and it seems to bring out the yellow tones in Fanfare even more. When I'm on the public bus, my complexion looks so sallow, and Fanfare seems to be the cause. Even when the lighting gets better, I still feel that something's not right with my makeup...Remove Fanfare, replace it with a more blueish pink gloss, I look so much better.

Colour-wise, I admit that it's partly my fault--I should have known better, that departmental store lighting is always bad for colour selection. And a lesson learnt--I need a little blue in my lip products.

Texture-wise, I'm on the fence. A tad too creamy? A little greasy? It tends to settle into the fine lines of my lips, and even after prepping my lips, still not pretty.

Longevity of this lipstick is rather mediocre. After a drink and a snack, it is gone, leaving my lips dry and thirsty for moisture.

For SGD$28, I expected more. I don't think I'll be buying MAC lipsticks anymore. I'd rather save my money for Chanel Rouge Allures (the best)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by waterlili818

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick it goes so well with my golden olive skin tone, it looks fresh and I get compliments every time I wear it! I had a hard time finding a lipliner but FINALLY found that subculture lipliner works the best....BEAUTIFUL!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

This is probably one of my favorite MAC lipsticks that i own- in fact it's actually one of my favorite lipsticks in general. In the tube the colour looks beyond boring. Actually when i first bought this a couple of months ago and took it home i questioned my sanity because it looked like the ugliest and most boring colour ever. I figured the MAC MUA tricked me into buying this because it was a crappy colour that they were probably trying to get rid of. I had never heard of it on youtube or seen it get mentioned anywhere else. I was even contemplating on returning it before i even used it but since i hate returning makeup, i decided to keep it and try it. I'm so so glad i didn't!!! Fanfare is a salmony/pinky/corally/neutral colour that's very hard to describe. On my lips though it comes of as being the prettiest medium corally/pink colour that i have ever worn. It's really really beautiful. It complements my skin tone beautifully and is extremely low maintenance, in that you don't need a lip liner or lip gloss to make it work. Also, the formula is fab! Being a cremesheen it's very very creamy and rich in colour! Having said that, I must warn you that this is not the case with all cremesheens, the formula is not consistent. I have a few cremesheen lipsticks that are rather dry and not as creamy and smooth as fanfare.

Overall a very nice lipstick, that deserves more love and recognition.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Fanfare is a rather bright pink for my NC25-30 skintone, but pretty nonetheless. It does not feel drying and moisturises my lips quite well. My first lipstick from MAC and truth to be told, I'm quite a happy customer!

I was looking for that 'perfect pink' shade that I could wear on my lips to school ( in university next year), to brunch with my girlfriends etc, and the salesgirl tried on several shades on my lips (Seesheer, Shy Boy--I hope I got the names right) and Fanfare was the one that I liked.

It's a medium neutral pink with subtle gold shimmers, leaning more towards the warm side and hence complementing my skintone well. But that said, I like to use Fanfare with a more neutral blush as it's really my-lips-but-pinker, and it's really quite pink. But nonetheless, Fanfare is still that confident, beautiful lady who rocks pink like no one else does.

Would I wear it to school next fall? Hell yes. :)

It would be HG material for me if it wasn't THAT pink, but I still love Fanfare anyway. Definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

This looks pink/purple on me. i really like the color. Its very smooth and goes on easy.will buy again.A lipstick for everyday.not to red.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my favorite pink lipsticks! I can apply this straight from the tube, no liner, no gloss or anything, and it still looks amazing on my NC50 complexion. This is a fairly new purchase of mine, and im upset that I went through so many other Mac pink shades before finding this one. Definitely my staple pink!! Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sydcricket

I was looking for ages for a pretty pink that I could wear daily and had the hardest time finding something suitable on me! I tried lots of the popular paler pinks and neutrals (shy girl, creme cup) and they looked ridiculous on my skin tone (NW20), way too pale. I had almost given up but I hit the jackpot with Fanfare! Its creamy, smooth and goes with most of my outfits and moods. Just the right amount of color for a bleached blonde who prefers to wear army tones/grays/blacks.. I alternate between this and Seesheer for a more corally hint and VG Cyndi when I want a little red with my coral. Will def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Sourlemonzest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite lipstick. So so so flattering on my NC25 skintone. It is a corally pink that is perfect for the summer and the nightime. It is a MLBP colour (for me at least) that just brightens up my face. If my skin isn’t looking perfect I just put this on and I just look prettier. The texture is creamy (but requires exfoliation prior to application) and comfortable and lasts the day (but smudges when eating so be careful) When I first put this on, with my usual makeup, people who I was already familiar with complimented that I looked prettier than usual. For the winter, I wear this over my slathered on The Body Shop Lip Butter in Pink Grapefruit - awful as an actual lip balm but great for a nude undercoat (wouldn’t recommend wearing alone as a nude lip – too pale) which tones down the colour and makes it more MLBB – so pretty on my lips! I can’t guarantee that this will work on all skintones, but this one was definitely a colour that surprised me when I tried it at the MAC store!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

This is one of my favorite pink lipsticks. It looks great on tan/golden skintones. It's a gorgeous clean yellow pink lipstick and I love it. I find that it's pretty smooth and moisturizing, and it lasts a decent amount of time. I usually top with Nars Orgasm and I love the way it looks. Will repurchase.