Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 2/21/2012 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

When I first purchased this eyeliner, I was a bit skeptical because all the eyeliners I have used in the past didn't really have a dark consistency and faded throughout the day. When I tried it on, I was really impressed!! I was able to create smokey eyes and able to line my waterline smoothly. It goes on very well without scratching the delicate skin around your eyes. Since I don't really care for a perfectly lined look, this eyeliner was perfect! I'm very surprised about all the negative reviews this product has received. I would definately keep repurchasing.

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this eyeliner. My friend uses this eyeliner and her makeup always looks great so I decided to buy it, and I love it! I don't know why, but it never smudges on me or my friend. The first day I wore this eyeliner I got so many compliments on my makeup. It's super super black which I love. I'd buy this product again.

on 1/19/2012 7:52:00 PM

It's smooth going on and the pigment is good, but it smudges like crazy and ends up not looking so good. For that I probably wouldn't buy it again. Not worth the time or money if I have to wipe the smudging every hour.

on 1/16/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two of these eyeliners, for my sister and I, it wasn't priced too badly. As soon as I put it on it looked GREAT! It went on smooth and was a solid black like I'd wanted... until a few minutes later. This eyeliner is TERRIBLE because it smudges like crazy. And we both have dark circles so we don't need the extra darkness of smudged eyeliner. All in all, don't buy it, unless you like the raccoon look.

on 12/27/2011 11:29:00 PM

Most people say it smudges. It didn't for me. I only put it on my waterline though. I wouldn't use it anywhere else. It glided on really easy and showed up and lasted (: good product.

on 12/25/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is the worst one ever. It smudges like crazy and you have raccoon eyes by the end of the day. Even if you don't touch your eyes, it still smudges. It's also expensive. The only good thing is that its really creamy and it has good pigmentation. But if you're looking for an eyeliner that lasts, it's not this one, trust me.

I first tried this mascara when I ran out and my friend had it on her. It was so horrible. I would have rather went without. It smudged so badly. I already have hard to conceal dark circles, so this was a nightmare. About a year passed and I was in the same situation. My sister had this in her purse. I didn't want to go without, so i thought, why not? Maybe it was just a one time bad experience. Nope. Once again, I looked like an absolute raccoon. It smudged and smeared all around my eyes. I will NEVER use this product again. I am telling you right now, do NOT waste your money on this product. It's so bad.

on 11/7/2011 6:53:00 PM

My daughter and I both used this for the first time yesterday, and I will say this: Right after church we went out and bought something else! We bought this is Black, and it smudged on both of us like crazy! Raccoon eyes big time! UGH, hated it. Got the Almay Smudge proof 16 hour wear and so far so good. I have not had much if any luck with Maybelline products, eye shadows are not bad, but as far as foundation and eye liners, thumbs down!

on 10/20/2011 11:16:00 PM

I used to use this eyeliner like CRAZY back when I was obsessed wtih dark eyeliner. I liked it at the time, but it smudged like crazy. When I got home it was all runny and I had black smudges under my eyes from it. I've stopped using it now. The only reason I bought it was because it was the only eyeliner that actually worked for my eyes but not I regret it. I guess atleast a 3 or 4 out of 10.

on 10/20/2011 5:42:00 PM

This stuff smudges like crazy! It goes on really smooth and has good pigmentation but I wore it on my waterline and it transferred on my lower lashline within an hour or so. I do not recommend this, unless you're going for the raccoon-eyed look.