April 24, 2014 | 1254 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by JeannieChristine

I first tried this mascara when I ran out and my friend had it on her. It was so horrible. I would have rather went without. It smudged so badly. I already have hard to conceal dark circles, so this was a nightmare. About a year passed and I was in the same situation. My sister had this in her purse. I didn't want to go without, so i thought, why not? Maybe it was just a one time bad experience. Nope. Once again, I looked like an absolute raccoon. It smudged and smeared all around my eyes. I will NEVER use this product again. I am telling you right now, do NOT waste your money on this product. It's so bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by 1993

My daughter and I both used this for the first time yesterday, and I will say this: Right after church we went out and bought something else! We bought this is Black, and it smudged on both of us like crazy! Raccoon eyes big time! UGH, hated it. Got the Almay Smudge proof 16 hour wear and so far so good. I have not had much if any luck with Maybelline products, eye shadows are not bad, but as far as foundation and eye liners, thumbs down!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this liner, the only thing I don't about this liner is when you use this for the lower lash line it smudges pretty badly. For the lower lash line and on days where I want a more natural look I use a pencil liner. However, this liner is great for getting a very dramatic look when I'm going out! I love how black this liner gets and it stays looking fresh all day as well! It doesn't smudge on the upper lash line. I will definately buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by MrsDHSmith

I used to use this eyeliner like CRAZY back when I was obsessed wtih dark eyeliner. I liked it at the time, but it smudged like crazy. When I got home it was all runny and I had black smudges under my eyes from it. I've stopped using it now. The only reason I bought it was because it was the only eyeliner that actually worked for my eyes but not I regret it. I guess atleast a 3 or 4 out of 10.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by A1990

This stuff smudges like crazy! It goes on really smooth and has good pigmentation but I wore it on my waterline and it transferred on my lower lashline within an hour or so. I do not recommend this, unless you're going for the raccoon-eyed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by NickiJacen

I agree with the people on here who say that it smudges really easily, but I wear a lot of eyeliner anyway, so it's not really noticeable to anyone but me. This is easily my favorite eyeliner and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this years ago when it came out. Back then it was a great liner, soft, a very thin tip (not the same as it is now) and it didnt smudge. I bought it again because i had a voucher. wow bad mistake, maybelline chnaged the formula and this thing sucks. Yes its really soft and goes on so well, but within an hour dark circles under my eyes and its smudges and within a few hours you look like a racoon and its all come off. The only want to make this liner work is when i brush some dark powder over it, then it kind of sets it, but thats an extra task i dont want to do. DOnt buy, its its crap and not worth it. There are better eyeliners out there.. My all time fave is AUstralis!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Mhojad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this eyeliner for 3 years and i love it. I wouldnt recommend buying ebony black because its way too dark. Stick with soft black or brown and you'll like this eyeliner a lot better. It stays on for a pretty decent amount of time, but remember its a cheap eyeliner so its not going to be the best in the world. For a drugstore eyeliner this will probably be the best one you will buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by choowy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner smudges really easily, even with the UDPP. It creases on my top lid and smudges out on the bottom. The formula is just too creamy for my liking. It's also not long lasting at all... considering all the smudging after only about 3 hours. I would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by glutenfreegirl

I should've read the reviews on this product before, but I didn't think it was hard to make a good eyeliner. I had to find all gluten-free makeup products and this being one of two store brand gluten-free eyeliners, I chose this one. I like that it is retractable and looked similar to all the ones I've used in the past. Like others have said, it does not stay on well at all, also it goes on like I'm a goth having a field day. Also, my eyes felt like they were burning after wearing it. I would not buy this eyeliner again.