October 25, 2014 | 1667 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by pottlott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My rating is more a 3.5 rather than a 3. I bought this after seeing the great reviews of MUA. I should have also taken into consideration the reviewers who said it's not a good moisturizer.
This does mattify my t-zone and it does so for a good chunk of the day. I thought, "Yay! What an awesome product!" But since I've been using BHA & Retin-A, my skin's a little drier and has some flakiness to it, I thought I'd use this after a thicker moisturiser like a primer but have found it doesn't do a good job when used like that. I've tried reversing it - Ultra Matte first, leave it for 10 mins and then top that off with the other product and the result is the same; my t-zone would shine after 3 hours or so. But used on its own, it doesn't deliver enough moisture and my dry patches showed through. So for now, it's just sitting pretty on my tabletop until my skin stops flaking from the BHA/Retin A routine.
I would recommend this for those who have oily skin and need little or hardly any moisture.
The pros - nice gentle fragrance, nice texture, sinks into the skin and isn't greasy at all, it does what it claims and it doesn't break me out.
The cons - hardly moisturizing, the glass bottle, lack of lid and flimsy locking mechanism isn't great for traveling. But the biggest factor is the price for such a tiny bottle. In the US and UK this is sold for roughly US$26. Where I am, it's sold for around US$39! And this is at their counter! Talk about price-hike. So taking this into account, I don't think I will be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyinandout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm in my second bottle. It does not leave the skin oily/or greasy. I'm almost skeptical about it's moisturizing affects. It's winter time right now and i stopped using this, because it doesn't really help my dry/flaky skin. Still looking for my HG moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Did barely moisturize. Was mattifying. Didn't cause breakouts. Didn't last me more than two months, which was a BIG downside, small amount of product and you need alot per using.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by alphabetpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this a year ago, it's one of those moisturizer that has no moisture! I didn't cause any skin irritations but my combo skin was flaky. Not a very good product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by iamforart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with most users of this product and say it works wonderful as a mattifier for oily skin. It worked the first day I used it under my makeup - took until the very end of the day for the first signs of oil to breakthrough my foundation (around 4pm after applying at 10am) -- usually an hour after application I am blotting my face.

I love the packaging and some might think it's costly but for how great it works and the fact that it's under $30, budget for it. Most skincare products that make lofty claims are around that price or higher. Just be careful not to apply more than necessary and it'll last. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by chiriyuku

I LOVE this product.

It's lightweight, smells great and mattifies my face. I find that it's not a good all over face moisturiser as I find that it's not a very strong moisturiser. I use l'occtaine's shea butter face moisturiser, then apply the ultra matte face fluid on my t-zone. And instead of putting normal eye cream, I use a bit of this on my eye lids as usual eye creams/moisturisers make my eyeliner smudge.

Before using the riz rice line, my combination skin was insane. I didn't break out a lot but by early afternoon my tzone would be very shiny while parts of my face were flaking coz it was dry. But now, that's mostly under control. My skin doesn't become flakey (although I do credit most of that to the shea butter face moisturiser) and my tzone is no where near as shiny as it used to be. I no longer bother with blotting paper - except on those super hot days or days where i haven't had enough sleep and my skin rebels.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Jaell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes and excellent primer. After 2 weeks of use I find that my pores are significantly smaller and skin is a bit less oily. For those with acne concerns this did not irritate my acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by katcook58

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG! yesterday I cleaned out all of the junk mail I had sitting in my kitchen and found some L'Occitane sample packets. I decided to try the Ultra Matte Face fluid under my foundation and was very impressed! It is so light that I couldn't even tell I had it on. I have very oily skin and not once did I have to powder my face and that is a first for me! It did not make my face look dry, nor did it make my foundation look cakey. Now I have to see if I find it at my local stores. I normally don't spend a whole lot of money on beauty products because of my finances but what this product did for me it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fillifelle

Love this product! It really mattifies the skin and makes it look less shiny. The results resemble Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher's. Skin is smooth and velvety to the touch!

I bought this product because the primary ingredient is rice and Asians have known the skin-benefitting properties of rice for a long long time. This product did not disappoint.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by beu2fool

I really wanted to like this after reading all the reviews. When I first tried it, I loved it...for about an hour. After that, my oil broke through and my makeup slid right off my face. I still use this...but at night only and not under my makeup as it's important to moisturize even the most oily of faces.