April 17, 2014 | 1736 users online

Treatments - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you for your reviews! Lavender oil is actually really good, I have kind of overlooked it but had a massive breakout with stubborn spots, I started to apply some almond oil (which makes the skin so lovely and glowing! but doesn't do much to heal my spots) with some lavender oil and it has healed them up nicely, they have gotten much smaller much faster. They were staying big and red for days. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I love the smell of lavender, and the essential oil really helps to clear the occasional pimple, even the cystic ones that are a bit painful. It's also great as a moisturizer, especially when combined with sweet almond oil. It's also a way to relax with a few drops added to bath water at night after a long day. I have and will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by EricaVee

I love lavender oil. It's one of my favorite smells, and as other reviewers have said it's almost like magic for some things.

I have a little 6oz spray bottle and I mix about 25 drops with water. I use this as an air/fabric freshener, hair detangler/de-frizzer, and a body spray. I also mix a few drops with cornstarch and use it as a body powder and dry shampoo.

I put a few drops on my scarf when it's cold, so that when the bus gets crowded and hot and smelly I can cover my mouth and nose with my scarf and breathe properly.

It's really great for when you need to pop a zit. Put lavender oil on it and it will heal quickly and not leave a scar.

I also like to put it on my face at night, just three drops or so. Be careful doing this--like any product, watch for clogged pores or breakouts.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I am an explorer, i.e. I try everything , natural , artificial , medicinal , herbal etc .. In my journey of exploring essential and carrier oils never have I tried lavender simply cause i didn't like the smell so much. However, recently I ran into an article that indicated lavender as a treatment for dandruff and will I said what the hell. I gave it a try mixed it with castor oil 1:2 and massaged the roots of my hair and left it over night. Next day I washed it out easily and i couldn't believe the results . My hair was lifted from roots, it was stronger , fewer hair fell while combing and as it dried the smell that kept coming up whenevr my hair was moved was magical. Dandruff disappeaered too!!!!. I am not exggerating my hair was shining like never before and if i pulled at it it felt like as if i am holding a horse tail strong, shiny , no frizz, clean and scented!! when i went back to my aromatherapy seller he was surprised with how much i used , he told me ppl usually use a far less concentrated versions I used 1:2 . He told me ppl usually use lavender in concentrations of 1:6 or even less. Today I am trying a 1:4 concentration cause he said it would be equally effective and will cost less. I am using it also for treatment of eczema and skin allergies successfully. My 6 year old daughetr was bitten by an insect and I used lavenedr oil undiluted and it worked! I didn't have the same sucess with tea tree oil which seemed to inflame my skin . Maybe some oils work better for some people again that is what my aromatherapy advisor told me . He also advised that if i am comfortable with a certain oil I shouldn't switch to another but who is he kidding I am an exploerer and will continue to experiment until I find with god's willing atreatment for depigmentation among other issues i have with my skin like large pores. I have tried only tonight lavender oil with almond oil over my face , I will see in the morning the results i have few fresh pimples and I read here from reviewers it helps . Well I will see and update this review. I have also read that castor oil helps with hair growth and falling and honestly it did . My hair has never grown this much in one month which is the duration of my usage of this magical mixture of lavender and castor oil. also hair falling was reduced drastically. one last thing my hair is oily and now it doesn't get oily as quickly , it used to get oily after 3 days maximum , now i can easily go 6 days without washing it , thus reducing usage of heat from blowers /ironers , I can't be happier I really needed this..Update : when used on skin it worsened my age and pregnancy caused dark spots, so beware if you have pigmented skin while using lavender and i didn't feel it did much for pimples..

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing stuff. Yes, its smell is a bit strong (though pleasant) and it does sting a bit when I put on too much... but the healing and anti-acne properties make it very much worth getting anyway. I just put a few drops in my moisturiser at night, or a drop of the undiluted thing where needed, and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. My skin has been such a hassles latley and I could not figure out why. I added lavender and tea tree oil to my regimen and my face is one blemish away from being clear. yayy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went on an essential oil rampage and, unlike many people, I don't LOVE the smell of lavender in itself. I like it for its calming properties, I blend it in my apricot kernel oil and put that on my face at night and I do feel that it relaxes me. There are a million other scents that I love. The fact remains, however, that I made myself different blends to mix with my carrier oils or to use with my toners and I wondered why my skin wasn't glowing as normal. I stopped using certain blends one at a time and it wasn't until I went back to just lavender that my skin calmed down and got its radiance back. I tend to turn into a chemist and I tried to get the perfect combination of EOs for every potential skin problem but in the end, you're still putting a bunch of stuff on your face and if you are like me and have sensitive skin at all, lavender cleans, moisturizes, calms and tones all at once. As much as I prefer the scents of many other EOs, lavender really is the best for my skin. Now I use my citrus EOs and my woodsy EOs sporadically depending on my mood but lavender is my only everyday essential oil. It's not that expensive compared to the rest and most people love the smell and it is the most comprehensive and suited to different skin types. Try it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by littleflip66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I started using this about a month ago, my skin was pimply and irritated from stress, lack of sleep, etc. Getting ready in the morning involved lots of time and concealer to try to cover up the pimples. I read about using lavender oil here, and so I went to my local Wegman's and bought a bottle. Every night I add a drop of oil to my moisturizer. It took a few days, but the pimples started disappearing, and now a month later, my skin is so much clearer. I don't get those huge zits anymore, and even the little bumps (whiteheads and blackheads?) that I had on my forehead from my bangs have gone away! Love this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for almost 2 weeks, twice a day mixed with my moisturiser and my skin is clearing up...i'm using differin and peroxid benzoyl too, but this seems to be helping a lot! first thing that came to my mind when i heard about lavender oil was "why would somebody with oily face already put oil on skin" but this doesnt feel like an oil, and it actually kind of dries out my skin, that's why i mix it with the moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could do a dance I'm so happy!
Love love love this stuff.
Although, first night, I put a little too much into my moisturizer and my fiancée was wondering if I spilled it~!!!
It's strong smelling, but it puts you to bed, smells nice, works majic!!!!

Yeahhhhhhh for EO's!!!!!!!!
___________________________________________________________

Had to stop using it about 2 months ago: worst headaches EVER from the smell. I even developed rhinitis and was weezing.....no one linked it until I stopped using the stuff and POOF! i was myself again....

UPDATE: OCTOBER 23RD/2011: I tried using it VERY sparingly after all that time spent away from it, but as soon as I did, my sinuses were quite peeved at me and my head was pounding. Is there any non-smelly version of this I could still use??????

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No