July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Kyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the scent of lavender, it's relaxing plus the oil is antimicrobial and antifungal...just make sure you get a pure (or organic!) brand and not a "fragrance oil" which is synthetic and not natural!

I use few drops of it in a small spray bottle with purified water or with rose water, mostly on my scalp and hair though I started to enjoying it as a after shower body spray as well. I had problems with my scalp recently (break outs, falling hair, lifeless hair) and in less than one week with daily spraying on my head and hair I saw a big improvement! I also read it makes hair grow faster or it helps with alopecia...I don't know about that but my hair definitively look way better than before and they smell wonderful.

I also use lavender oil when that monthly pimple may occur. It's amazing how it dries it up fast! If you are going to use it for acne make sure to do a test before applying it undiluted on your skin...if you get itchy or if it burns too much you will need to put few drops in distilled water or boiled water instead (for me it works the same as undiluted).

I occasionally spray it on my bed linens for a sweet and deep, restoring night sleep.

I just think that every family should keep lavender oil in their home...once you discover it, you will make sure to always have it with you!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

been using tisserand pure essential lavender oil. started using this neat on freshly washed skin right before bed in a last attempt to combat mini-pill triggered hormonal acne. WOW. cysts that took weeks to heal and left scarring have all but completely disappeared within 5 nights. no scarring, no flakiness, no crazy scabbing. honestly wish i'd tried this sooner. this works better for me than any topical solution marketed for acne.

between this and hydrogen peroxide, i have found the most useful, inexpensive, non irritating method for controlling (dare i say defeating?) hormonal acne. this has worked wonders for my sensitive combination skin, and considering lavender oils multiple uses you really have nothing to lose by trying this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by lascia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lavender Oil has SAVED my horrendous hormonal chin acne like nothing else. I use it directly after washing my face, both morning and night, before applying rosehip oil and moisturiser. I don't dilute it. It can sting a little bit over 'ripe' pimples but it doesn't last and it soaks in very quickly.

I can apply this over a particularly nasty bump, even one that is under the skin and hasn't formed a head yet, and by the next day the bump will have decreased in redness/size/pain factor by a truckload.

I like to use a cotton wool ball to apply the oil like a toner over my entire face (avoiding eye area, of course). Sometimes during the day if I notice something erupting I'll apply a dab of lavender oil using a cotton wool bud. I give it a few minutes to soak in before applying rosehip oil/moisturiser.

It has been such a relief waking up in the morning and being able to visibly see an improvement in my skin condition.

Next time I will try and purchase an organic product, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

TIP: If you have sensitive skin, buy a water-soluble lavender oil and dilute it a tad. Always test an area of your skin before you go all out! Remember it will sting momentarily when it touches wounds/damaged skin however this is for a few seconds only and is nothing.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you for your reviews! Lavender oil is actually really good, I have kind of overlooked it but had a massive breakout with stubborn spots, I started to apply some almond oil (which makes the skin so lovely and glowing! but doesn't do much to heal my spots) with some lavender oil and it has healed them up nicely, they have gotten much smaller much faster. They were staying big and red for days. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I love the smell of lavender, and the essential oil really helps to clear the occasional pimple, even the cystic ones that are a bit painful. It's also great as a moisturizer, especially when combined with sweet almond oil. It's also a way to relax with a few drops added to bath water at night after a long day. I have and will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by EricaVee

I love lavender oil. It's one of my favorite smells, and as other reviewers have said it's almost like magic for some things.

I have a little 6oz spray bottle and I mix about 25 drops with water. I use this as an air/fabric freshener, hair detangler/de-frizzer, and a body spray. I also mix a few drops with cornstarch and use it as a body powder and dry shampoo.

I put a few drops on my scarf when it's cold, so that when the bus gets crowded and hot and smelly I can cover my mouth and nose with my scarf and breathe properly.

It's really great for when you need to pop a zit. Put lavender oil on it and it will heal quickly and not leave a scar.

I also like to put it on my face at night, just three drops or so. Be careful doing this--like any product, watch for clogged pores or breakouts.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I am an explorer, i.e. I try everything , natural , artificial , medicinal , herbal etc .. In my journey of exploring essential and carrier oils never have I tried lavender simply cause i didn't like the smell so much. However, recently I ran into an article that indicated lavender as a treatment for dandruff and will I said what the hell. I gave it a try mixed it with castor oil 1:2 and massaged the roots of my hair and left it over night. Next day I washed it out easily and i couldn't believe the results . My hair was lifted from roots, it was stronger , fewer hair fell while combing and as it dried the smell that kept coming up whenevr my hair was moved was magical. Dandruff disappeaered too!!!!. I am not exggerating my hair was shining like never before and if i pulled at it it felt like as if i am holding a horse tail strong, shiny , no frizz, clean and scented!! when i went back to my aromatherapy seller he was surprised with how much i used , he told me ppl usually use a far less concentrated versions I used 1:2 . He told me ppl usually use lavender in concentrations of 1:6 or even less. Today I am trying a 1:4 concentration cause he said it would be equally effective and will cost less. I am using it also for treatment of eczema and skin allergies successfully. My 6 year old daughetr was bitten by an insect and I used lavenedr oil undiluted and it worked! I didn't have the same sucess with tea tree oil which seemed to inflame my skin . Maybe some oils work better for some people again that is what my aromatherapy advisor told me . He also advised that if i am comfortable with a certain oil I shouldn't switch to another but who is he kidding I am an exploerer and will continue to experiment until I find with god's willing atreatment for depigmentation among other issues i have with my skin like large pores. I have tried only tonight lavender oil with almond oil over my face , I will see in the morning the results i have few fresh pimples and I read here from reviewers it helps . Well I will see and update this review. I have also read that castor oil helps with hair growth and falling and honestly it did . My hair has never grown this much in one month which is the duration of my usage of this magical mixture of lavender and castor oil. also hair falling was reduced drastically. one last thing my hair is oily and now it doesn't get oily as quickly , it used to get oily after 3 days maximum , now i can easily go 6 days without washing it , thus reducing usage of heat from blowers /ironers , I can't be happier I really needed this..Update : when used on skin it worsened my age and pregnancy caused dark spots, so beware if you have pigmented skin while using lavender and i didn't feel it did much for pimples..

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing stuff. Yes, its smell is a bit strong (though pleasant) and it does sting a bit when I put on too much... but the healing and anti-acne properties make it very much worth getting anyway. I just put a few drops in my moisturiser at night, or a drop of the undiluted thing where needed, and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. My skin has been such a hassles latley and I could not figure out why. I added lavender and tea tree oil to my regimen and my face is one blemish away from being clear. yayy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went on an essential oil rampage and, unlike many people, I don't LOVE the smell of lavender in itself. I like it for its calming properties, I blend it in my apricot kernel oil and put that on my face at night and I do feel that it relaxes me. There are a million other scents that I love. The fact remains, however, that I made myself different blends to mix with my carrier oils or to use with my toners and I wondered why my skin wasn't glowing as normal. I stopped using certain blends one at a time and it wasn't until I went back to just lavender that my skin calmed down and got its radiance back. I tend to turn into a chemist and I tried to get the perfect combination of EOs for every potential skin problem but in the end, you're still putting a bunch of stuff on your face and if you are like me and have sensitive skin at all, lavender cleans, moisturizes, calms and tones all at once. As much as I prefer the scents of many other EOs, lavender really is the best for my skin. Now I use my citrus EOs and my woodsy EOs sporadically depending on my mood but lavender is my only everyday essential oil. It's not that expensive compared to the rest and most people love the smell and it is the most comprehensive and suited to different skin types. Try it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No