July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive. I except a little something more from such a pricy bottle.

Med-Full coverage, staying power is about 5 hours with light/moderate activety.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Liyah383

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this foundation in Toffee Bronze. I love this foundation I alway apply after my oil free primer by LM. The coverage is brilliant. It controls the shine on my face a lot longer that any other foundation I'v used. Easy to apply and blend with my fingers or a brush. I find that the consistence is a bit too waterery but doesn't affect the application. I will defiantly be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried a whole face of this foundation today, after purchasing it, as it is recommended as the best foundation for oily skins by beauty editors. It is very very yellow toned. I dislike rose tinted foundations on my skin. My neck is more yellow than my face, as I flush easily, and have light pinkish acne scars and very very sensitive skin. I like to match to my neck, and am most comfortable with yellow tones. Even so, this foundation is very yellow at the jaw-line. The other immediate observation, as I like to apply with my fingers to really melt the product into my skin seamlessly, is how chalky the consistency is. It is not easy to blend at all. I didn't prep my skin beforehand, as I am only using my purity one step cleanser (see review) when I take off my make-up, and this foundation highlighted every bit of dry skin. The skin would need to be exfoliated and buffed to perfection, and moisturised synthetically prior to using this foundation- a bit of a palarvar for a heavily pregnant woman who wants a job-done approach. These points aside, this foundation does give a very put-together look all round,and I like the packaging a lot. You can see how much is remaining, and it is hygienic and easy to dispense. It took exactly 2 pumps for my whole face. I wore the foundation for about 7 hours, when it started to itch, and I felt I'd be more comfortable with it washed off. It wore very well for those 7 hours in the cold weather, heavily heated stores, and being quite hot. A good foundation, with it's negatives and positives. I'd opt for a good tinted moisturiser in an environment where there aren't so many mirrors or people- it would feel more comfortable and be easier to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mishat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always wanted to try this foundation as was used in many films and tv show actresses with great results. I was very surprised when I read so many negative reviews so I was bit sceptical to buy it, still I went and got a sample and I LOOOOOOOOOVE this foundation. Never had any issues applying or never is breaking me out. Is defo HG. Other great foundations I liked the most so far were: Parure extreme but there is no shade for me and Chanel vitalumere agua broke me out badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ew. Way too thick. I'd rather see bad skin than see this stuff melt off people's faces. Even mixing with moisturizer could not make this work. Only good things are the color options are nice and the bottle is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, So i tried this again and again, with and without primers, of all kinds including the Laura Mercier oil free primer. And about 4 hours into it, it gets very chalky, and flaky. Esp around my mouth and nose area. I exfoliate a lot, and nothing seemed to change this repeated effect. I LOVE the color "porcelain ivory" matchs great, its very white/yellow and i need that so badly. Thats why i kept trying it. I am sad to say it just cant work for me. I have combo/oily skin. I will say it doesnt make me oily at all, or it does not make me breakout, I felt my skin stayed very calm with this product. I would say try a sample or two, just dont use it on a special day or at work for the first time. Maybe i will try the moisture kind, idk. For now i will trade up and get HOURGLASS in color 0. and give this a whirl.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LumosFawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is a very difficult foundation. The colour suited my fair yellow toned skin perfectly and the coverage is sheer enough to show off your good skin and does cover blemishes well when teamed with a good concealer.
I bought this foundation on a whim and after only a day of using it regretted it. It is very expensive and is sooo difficult to apply, when rushing in the morning is a nightmare using a damp sponge is the only way to make it not look streaky but this sucks up a lot of the foundation losing most of the coverage.
I have good pores but this foundation sinks in and shows them off. I also found it did not last very long on my skin, my face looked shiny around noon even with powder and it tended to oxidise and look awful round my T zone.
This foundation is not one I'd recommend to a friend (maybe a mortal enemy), I have started to use Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and have so far been impressed so of your considering this foundation I think you should check that out first. xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for well over a year mainly because i was too lazy to switch to another foundation. The coverage is a good light to medium (leaning towards med) however if you want more coverage on problem areas it will start looking caky and dry. It doesn't keep my oily skin at bay but at least doesn't break me out. You can definitely tell in daylight that you are wearing makeup because this will sit on your skin instead of mimic your real skin. Nothing too special about this foundation so I would just move on to the next one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

I have oily skin and this foundation (paired with the primer) gave a nice natural look that was long wearting. But over time it really clogged my pores and I developed acne- It took me a while to realise this was the cause. I must have sensitive skin so this is a nice, light foundation if you don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by alyssa21mia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation... until it broke me out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this actually gave me an allergic reaction and what I didn't know before is that it contains Parabens. Aside from all of that, it went on smoothly and stayed on forever. I've decided to try Tarte instead because it is so natural and suits my ridiculous skin. If you don't have sensitive skin, I doubt this will upset you.