December 21, 2014 | 1063 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Keilyn

I really wanted this foundation to work, but I have to say it's horrible for me. It does nothing to control my oily areas, it actually worsens the oil production. Within three hours the foundation was literally melting off my face and it turned chalky and with a weird grayish tone. Maybe it's because I live in a tropical climate and work indoors and outdoors, so the temperature changes could wreck havoc on the makeup. I also found that the coverage was too sheer for me and I don't have too many problems, just redness and light discoloration. I tried every method of application -brush, sponge, fingers- and with and without primer to see if i would make a difference, but nothing helped. I have since found a better foundation (surprisingly enough, a DS brand, Revlon Colorstay) so this will be another foundation that will be staying at the back of my medicine cabinet...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by aurs2578

This foundation looked perfect when I first put it on. It matches my skin perfectly and has great coverage. However, every time I used this, my skin ended up looking worse at the end of the day. It looked like my skin was very dry and it didn't stick to the oily skin so my skin looked very uneven and not so pretty. I have tried using different methods of application but nothing has worked. Very disappointed but perhaps another one of LM's foundations will work for me instead.
EDIT:
Alright so my skin has improved greatly in both how it looks and its texture so I decided to try this foundation out again. It is perfect!! It provides just enough coverage and looks so natural on my skin. It is unfortunate that nice skin is needed to wear this makeup though since usually we use makeup to make our skin at least appear nice. I'm still very happy that this makeup finally works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Iphigeneia

Laura Mercier's foundations are the only ones that work for me (due to superior color-match), but each one has its own small flaw that makes it just short of perfect. The Oil-Free foundation provides the perfect medium level of coverage, but it took me years to find the right primer and method of application to avoid the thick, sticky, cakey look.

The magic formula: Sephora's Ultra-Smoothing Primer, and then lightly dot foundation all over the face with fingertips, and then blend. The right primer was absolutely the key. It lasts all day, perfect, and feels utterly weightless. The only reason this doesn't get a 5 is that, without the right primer, this is very tough to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive. I except a little something more from such a pricy bottle.

Med-Full coverage, staying power is about 5 hours with light/moderate activety.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Liyah383

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this foundation in Toffee Bronze. I love this foundation I alway apply after my oil free primer by LM. The coverage is brilliant. It controls the shine on my face a lot longer that any other foundation I'v used. Easy to apply and blend with my fingers or a brush. I find that the consistence is a bit too waterery but doesn't affect the application. I will defiantly be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried a whole face of this foundation today, after purchasing it, as it is recommended as the best foundation for oily skins by beauty editors. It is very very yellow toned. I dislike rose tinted foundations on my skin. My neck is more yellow than my face, as I flush easily, and have light pinkish acne scars and very very sensitive skin. I like to match to my neck, and am most comfortable with yellow tones. Even so, this foundation is very yellow at the jaw-line. The other immediate observation, as I like to apply with my fingers to really melt the product into my skin seamlessly, is how chalky the consistency is. It is not easy to blend at all. I didn't prep my skin beforehand, as I am only using my purity one step cleanser (see review) when I take off my make-up, and this foundation highlighted every bit of dry skin. The skin would need to be exfoliated and buffed to perfection, and moisturised synthetically prior to using this foundation- a bit of a palarvar for a heavily pregnant woman who wants a job-done approach. These points aside, this foundation does give a very put-together look all round,and I like the packaging a lot. You can see how much is remaining, and it is hygienic and easy to dispense. It took exactly 2 pumps for my whole face. I wore the foundation for about 7 hours, when it started to itch, and I felt I'd be more comfortable with it washed off. It wore very well for those 7 hours in the cold weather, heavily heated stores, and being quite hot. A good foundation, with it's negatives and positives. I'd opt for a good tinted moisturiser in an environment where there aren't so many mirrors or people- it would feel more comfortable and be easier to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mishat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always wanted to try this foundation as was used in many films and tv show actresses with great results. I was very surprised when I read so many negative reviews so I was bit sceptical to buy it, still I went and got a sample and I LOOOOOOOOOVE this foundation. Never had any issues applying or never is breaking me out. Is defo HG. Other great foundations I liked the most so far were: Parure extreme but there is no shade for me and Chanel vitalumere agua broke me out badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ew. Way too thick. I'd rather see bad skin than see this stuff melt off people's faces. Even mixing with moisturizer could not make this work. Only good things are the color options are nice and the bottle is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, So i tried this again and again, with and without primers, of all kinds including the Laura Mercier oil free primer. And about 4 hours into it, it gets very chalky, and flaky. Esp around my mouth and nose area. I exfoliate a lot, and nothing seemed to change this repeated effect. I LOVE the color "porcelain ivory" matchs great, its very white/yellow and i need that so badly. Thats why i kept trying it. I am sad to say it just cant work for me. I have combo/oily skin. I will say it doesnt make me oily at all, or it does not make me breakout, I felt my skin stayed very calm with this product. I would say try a sample or two, just dont use it on a special day or at work for the first time. Maybe i will try the moisture kind, idk. For now i will trade up and get HOURGLASS in color 0. and give this a whirl.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LumosFawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is a very difficult foundation. The colour suited my fair yellow toned skin perfectly and the coverage is sheer enough to show off your good skin and does cover blemishes well when teamed with a good concealer.
I bought this foundation on a whim and after only a day of using it regretted it. It is very expensive and is sooo difficult to apply, when rushing in the morning is a nightmare using a damp sponge is the only way to make it not look streaky but this sucks up a lot of the foundation losing most of the coverage.
I have good pores but this foundation sinks in and shows them off. I also found it did not last very long on my skin, my face looked shiny around noon even with powder and it tended to oxidise and look awful round my T zone.
This foundation is not one I'd recommend to a friend (maybe a mortal enemy), I have started to use Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and have so far been impressed so of your considering this foundation I think you should check that out first. xx