October 23, 2014 | 1793 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I got this as a sample in neutral. I really don't wear primer because I don't wear foundation, but apparently primers can be beneficial for other purposes, such as oil control, pore reduction, and perfecting the complexion.
It did not do anything it claimed to do. It did not:
1. enhance my skin's texture
2. deeply nourish, moisturize, or soften my skin
3. create a glowing effect
It also did not do any of the other things that primers are supposed to do. My face was actually more greasy after using this. I will not buy this in full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I have number #0 neutral and I love this but I hate it for being to expensive.
I'm usually not a primer girl (with moisturizer and sun screen, daily, I with it's more than enough beneath my foundation) but this is so good. And it's not one of those primers that you think you see a ever so slight diference, this is for real.

First of all it controls oils very nicely. I have a couple of foundations that make my face oily really fast so I use this underneath and it makes them look decent a lot longer. I'd love it just for that.
However foundation glides so much better after you put this one, even those ones that dry very quickly seem easier to work with. And this makes look healthier, like I have brighter skin, not oily, bright.
The packaging is also nice, it looks very professional.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My original review is listed on the - neutral 0 version of this product, but I thought I should list it here as well. ~ HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)~

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It works to keep makeup on, but I don't like it because it is too expensive and doesn't feel like a primer when you apply it and it smells weird! I can't afford to pay like 50$ for a primer when I could get my l'oreal one that works perfectly! And its too liquidy for my taste, compared to the thicker primers out there that feel like primers. I got it in #6 yellow, which didn't really even out my skin as it said it would! Seriously, I highly reccomend saving that money, buying a cheaper primer (they all work the same pretty much) and keep it to buy yourself something special from the MUFE line, like their foundation or a brush or something!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad primer, applies well and has a thin, light weight texture. Comes with a pump so you can't overuse product and keeps it sanitary. Very expensive - probably wont repurchase due to cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw no difference when using it with my foundation, and even felt like maybe it was the reason my foundation was transferring.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

To be honest, I can't tell if the primer actually does make my make up stay on for longer. But used together with the HD Liquid Foundation and Loose Powder, I'm pleased with the overall effect.

This hasn't made my skin break out and my make up stays on for 12 hour days. No complaints except it is rather pricey. I should be repurchasing when I'm out, or I might try without a primer to compare. Will update if I do compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bectee

This primer is great coupled with MUFE's HD foundation! It feels light on the skin, moisturises, colour corrects and helps your foundation last a tad longer (HD foundation on its own already lasts pretty long). HOWEVER it does not do much for it terms of creating matte skin or filling pores so if you're looking for a primer in that area this is NOT for you! But if you're looking for a lightweight colour corrector this maybe pricey but I find other colour correcting primers that have good coverage enhance my dry patches whereas this one moisturise. Will definitely repurchase =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I see this one makes my makeup set better and also moisturizing my face. what I like about this is it makes makeup not to melt down. the day I apply this primer, my makeup last longer and set better.
but.. it tends to break my skin out little bit... so i get rid of one luppie

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by DazzleGlam

I don't like how liquid like this primer is. It works alright, but if you're looking for a high end primer I would go with something different. I feel it only works well if you're using all MUFE HD products.