January 27, 2015 | 958 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I dip my Olay Pro-X brush in baking soda, and it is a great gentle abrasive for exfoliation. It's cheap and seems to help dry out pimples. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love baking' soda!!!! I use it to clean puke,dog pee (when my dog has accidents),brush my teeth,face exfoliating,to bake,to get rid of refrigerator odors ecg!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the most underrated skincare products.

t's cheap and super effective. I have acne prone skin and this makes it so smooth and soft! My skin actually glows after I use this. Others have suggested ways to apply this so I won't get into that. This has a permanent spot in my skincare routine, nothing I've used has been as effective and yet gentle and affordable as baking soda. Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's great, gentle face exfoliant mixed with cleanser. Sometimes too gentle, then I use extra fine sugar instead. However, it's cheap and works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am extremely allergic to soap, bodywash, etc, etc and so out of desperation I turned to baking soda.
It took a little bit of getting used to and I have found that when it is very watered down it works wonderfully.
Not all baking soda is the same and the best in my opinion is Arm and Hammer.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be a new use of baking soda. I have been visiting Las Vegas where it's hot and humid and my crystal rock deodorant is not cutting it. I have been pre-washing my armpits with baking soda and then using soap and the body order is almost gone. It's a great tip!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

I will never buy another expensive face scrub again! I have been using baking soda as a face scrub every 4 days or so and the improvement to my pores alone has been very noticeable. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea- so I am very gentle when I use this. Overall, my face is much smoother, pores are tighter- and cleaner! I will continue to use this multi-use gem!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I've used baking soda in a lot of homemade personal care ingredients and it irritates the heck out of my skin. It took me a while to target because it is such a common ingredient in homemade personal care items alongside many others, but when I started to experiment without it all of my rashes cleared up. I don't think anyone should be using baking soda on their skin. Fact is that baking soda has a relatively high pH of 9 so it is fairly basic and items on either extreme end of the pH scale are NOT things that you should be using on your skin. As well baking soda is used to break down limescale buildup, remove tough stains and clean through very resilient compounds...why on earth is this being made out to be safe to use on your delicate skin? The rashes that baking soda left on my skin weren't rashes, they were chemical burns and chemical burns from baking soda are not uncommon at all. Just because something doesn't react as badly on your skin as it did immediately on mine DOES NOT mean that it is good for you! I recommend that everyone avoid baking soda as a personal care item.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I grew up with vinegar and baking soda being the best and least irritating cleaning agents for the house, a great additive to toothpaste for whitening and gentle scrubbing, and now I LOVE it as the most gentle scrub for my face. Used as a paste and left on for 5-10 minutes, it will dissolve blackheads (it is basic, while the skin is slightly acidic) or you can use it with organic coconut oil for the cheapest, non drying, and most gentle scrub you have ever tried-even daily use. I can even use soap* after scrubbing.
*I use Skylar Farms Tumeric Oatmeal Goat's milk soap (handmade; get it on Etsy and be amazed. Gentle and super fatted.
Stop paying for expensive scrubs!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Baking soda should be in every household for about a million reasons. It has that many uses. I use it to clean, to do laundry, to wash my face (mixed with a bit of coconut oil as a paste) when I'm out of my usual scrub or wash, I use it to put out kitchen fires, I put it in my bath water sometimes to smooth over my mild psoriasis, I mix it with my toothpaste, I use it with vinegar to unclog minor sink drains. I also add it to shampoos to make a homemade and very effective clarifying shampoo. I take it internally sometimes too, mixing a teaspoonful or so into a cup of hot water gets rid of heartburn and nausea and gas in about 15 minutes. I don't think there's much you can't do with baking soda. If a study came out that showed that this stuff turned sand into gold, made money grow on trees and cured cancer I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No